Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt itinerary in Bali, what should I change or add?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2023, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,

Spending 8 nights in Bali in June,
I am going to reserve these at least you suggest something different,
-2 nights Alila Ubud (16k-500$)
-1 night Viceroy (30k-1000$)
-2 nights Alila seminyak (20k-450$)
-3 nights Alila Uluwantu (90k-2400$)
total points 156k
Old Mar 8, 2023, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by honores41
-3 nights Alila Uluwantu (90k-2400$)
What's your back-up plan?

Alila Villas Uluwatu - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
Originally Posted by Kacee
I was reading about that. Maybe one night during the week in Alila and 2 in viceroy. I would like to see that property.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 12:48 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I was reading about that. Maybe one night during the week in Alila and 2 in viceroy. I would like to see that property.
Throwing another option, not Hyatt branded, for Ubud: FS Sayan. I just came back from that property this week, and I would highly recommend. I ended staying on the river view villa, and the service is top notch. Even if you are one guest out of many, they somehow will address you by name and have highly proactive service. Food was excellent, and they have a wide selection of Indonesian dishes.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
3 hotel changes in a week on Bali? Unless you have some particular fetish for sitting in Bali traffic jams instead of chilling out by the pool/beach, you should choose at most one hotel in the Ubud area and one beach hotel...
Kacee, wrldwide1, Gioventu and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
3 hotel changes in a week on Bali? Unless you have some particular fetish for sitting in Bali traffic jams instead of chilling out by the pool/beach, you should choose at most one hotel in the Ubud area and one beach hotel...
25 m and 40 m is nothing, good opportunity to check these properties

Old Mar 8, 2023, 2:43 pm

25 m and 40 m is nothing, good opportunity to check these properties

I can guarantee you seminyak to Uluwatu will take more than 45 min… unless you travel between 10pm and 8am. Google estimated time is awfully inaccurate once you get on the road. I would say give it at least 90 minutes. Having said that, I would be okay with a 90 min drive to check out the Alila in Uluwatu.
craigthemif and icehocey77 like this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
I can guarantee you seminyak to Uluwatu will take more than 45 min… unless you travel between 10pm and 8am. Google estimated time is awfully inaccurate once you get on the road. I would say give it at least 90 minutes. Having said that, I would be okay with a 90 min drive to check out the Alila in Uluwatu.
Can confirm this. Just checked out of Alila Villas Uluwatu. Took me 2 hours and 30 minutes from Canggu (20 minutes from Seminyak) to Uluwatu around noon.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 5:21 pm

We’re going on a tour de hyatts this july. 4 nights alila ubud, three nights andaz bali, then two nights alila uluwatu. Seems like every transition is about an hour in traffic. Assuming uluwatu doesn’t walk us, that is. 😑
Old Mar 8, 2023, 5:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by craigthemif
This is spot on. One week = two properties, max.

Those google maps times are just silly wrong. It took us an hour to get from Jimbaran to Seminyak (approx. 10 miles) and we got out and walked the last half mile.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 8:09 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Fully agree on above recommendations.

I am currently on the island and the ninth time in total. Even if the traffic is slightly better than pre-pandemic, I would do max two properties in one week. I would suggest Ubud and Uluwatu and as cheaper alternative scenario would do either Alila Seminyak or Andaz Sanur instead of Alila Uluwatu.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 8:31 pm

I myself would skip Uluwatu and spend more time in Ubud, maybe throw in 1-2 nights in Sanur.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 6:46 am
soy

Programs: various
........and its not just the transit time, add in all the palaver with packing, checking out, checking in, unpacking again and you can add another couple of hours to each transfer

Personally, after I arrive at a hotel on vacation, I first like to explore the property / immediate area before I feel ready to relax and chill out by the pool. With 4 hotels in a week, I do not think I would get any relaxation in, which is the main reason to be in Bali in the first place
Old Mar 9, 2023, 11:39 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
We booked for September, first 6 nights at the Andaz Bali (with Suite Upgrade Award to Andaz Deluxe confirmed) and 3 nights at Desa Hay SLH which seems to be a gemstone. So maybe have a look at this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rota
We booked for September, first 6 nights at the Andaz Bali (with Suite Upgrade Award to Andaz Deluxe confirmed) and 3 nights at Desa Hay SLH which seems to be a gemstone. So maybe have a look at this.
thanks!! Very good options, I really like how Desa Hay looks…..maybe I will change my options

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.