WOH Elite Tier Promotion Failure

Old Mar 4, 2023, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Aeroplan 50k, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
WOH Elite Tier Promotion Failure

Hi all,

I enrolled in a corporate related promo with WOH last year, where the terms at the time I read it, seemed a little strange. 10 nights in 90 days for explorist, then 20 nights to get globalist. I don't have a copy of the original promo, but I swear it read something along the lines of 10 nights for explorist, then 10 more by february to have globalist til feb 24. Because I was skeptical, I contacted WOH last year and asked them to further clarify, and they said it was 10 nights in 90 days for explorist, then another 10 by february 23 to hold globalist til feb 24.

I called WOH at 10 nights to confirm I was on the right path, and confirmed again that it was 10 more nights to get globalist, again by february. I called when I was at 21 nights, and they said I hit globalist. Then I called in january because the WOH website didn't show the extension. Now, come march, they said I didn't qualify, yet at each of these calls previously (including jan 23), WOH, said I did qualify. I asked them to escalate the case and just heard back that they're rejecting it.

Really sucks to have tried to do the due diligence and confirm I was on the right track. I didn't write down any names, or make a recording, but i dunno, didn't expect such a fallout like this to happen.

I'm thinking of sending an email to appeal my case because I am not sure if the agent actually mentioned that the member actually tried to do his DD, but was frankly misguided by numerous WOH agents who agreed I requalified.

To the 60+ nighters FT members, I'm sorry I'm whining about this as I'm sure you probably don't want to hear it. I totally understand.

But just wanted to ask the hive if its still worth sending an email emphasizing, that I called multiple times to confirm I was on the right track. Just seems ridiculous to have such a bait and switch!
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by mendacio
Hi all,

I enrolled in a corporate related promo with WOH last year, where the terms at the time I read it, seemed a little strange. 10 nights in 90 days for explorist, then 20 nights to get globalist. I don't have a copy of the original promo, but I swear it read something along the lines of 10 nights for explorist, then 10 more by february to have globalist til feb 24. Because I was skeptical, I contacted WOH last year and asked them to further clarify, and they said it was 10 nights in 90 days for explorist, then another 10 by february 23 to hold globalist til feb 24.

I called WOH at 10 nights to confirm I was on the right path, and confirmed again that it was 10 more nights to get globalist, again by february. I called when I was at 21 nights, and they said I hit globalist. Then I called in january because the WOH website didn't show the extension. Now, come march, they said I didn't qualify, yet at each of these calls previously (including jan 23), WOH, said I did qualify. I asked them to escalate the case and just heard back that they're rejecting it.

Really sucks to have tried to do the due diligence and confirm I was on the right track. I didn't write down any names, or make a recording, but i dunno, didn't expect such a fallout like this to happen.

I'm thinking of sending an email to appeal my case because I am not sure if the agent actually mentioned that the member actually tried to do his DD, but was frankly misguided by numerous WOH agents who agreed I requalified.

To the 60+ nighters FT members, I'm sorry I'm whining about this as I'm sure you probably don't want to hear it. I totally understand.

But just wanted to ask the hive if its still worth sending an email emphasizing, that I called multiple times to confirm I was on the right track. Just seems ridiculous to have such a bait and switch!
here is the general (corporate) elite tier offer.
There could be other variations but this is the one that can signed up via a valid corporate email.

Exiled in Express likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Your case is a bit confusing to follow. Did you do 20 nights within 90 days?

If you did, then your case is valid. If you and WoH agents misunderstood the promo and/or you weren't really eligible, then you might be out of luck.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 4:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
It would help if you included the dates:
- You registered for the promo
- You completed 10 nights
- You completed 20 nights
craigthemif likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mendacio
Now, come march, they said I didn't qualify, yet at each of these calls previously (including jan 23), WOH, said I did qualify. I asked them to escalate the case and just heard back that they're rejecting it.
What did they say when you asked which part of the terms exactly you didnt meet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.