Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Does Hyatt Have a Day Rate Code? Do Day Stays Qualify for Elite Credit?

Old Mar 4, 2023, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

Some Hyatts may have day rates...especially those near airports. Is there a code for such rates, and do you find them by using the following day as the fake checkout day?

Also, do such stays qualify for points credit, elite night credit and promos such as the current Bonus Journeys?
Old Mar 4, 2023, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...r-the-day.html

"Office for the day" is likely what you want, this is a 2020 creation. The rate code is OFFICE. I have never utilized it myself but a quick search shows less properties than expected still participating. Random Tuesday in Chicago I saw two properties offering the rate and one was only $6 less than a standard rate.
Explore likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
As mentioned in the post above, OFFICE is the rate code you want. It has been hit or miss with as far as getting the rate to show up. Yes, you book with the checkout being the next day versus the same day like you do on the Hilton site. There was a brief period during covid where the rate would earn stay credit but unfortunately that is no more. I typically book day rates with Hilton as they have a much better setup and typically the rate is widely available at airports and earns stay credit.
Explore likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mcgahat
As mentioned in the post above, OFFICE is the rate code you want. It has been hit or miss with as far as getting the rate to show up. Yes, you book with the checkout being the next day versus the same day like you do on the Hilton site. There was a brief period during covid where the rate would earn stay credit but unfortunately that is no more. I typically book day rates with Hilton as they have a much better setup and typically the rate is widely available at airports and earns stay credit.
So Hilton, unlike Marriott and Hyatt, awards stay credit for these rates. Although with the Aspire card, I don't need their stay credit....
Old Mar 4, 2023, 8:33 pm

As others said, these office rates used to count for eqn but no longer do. you should accrue points as normal for spend though
Old Mar 4, 2023, 10:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt glob, KLM/AirFrance plat
I checked with some friendly folks in my local Hyatt recently. Yes, “Office” earns points but not nights. Too bad, especially in the light of some interesting requirements for the current “Bonus journeys” promo.

That said, I found the “Office” rates pretty reasonable, at least around where I live. While true nightly rate is usually $200+, the day office rate was a little above $100.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.