Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Standard Suites for TSU - not all standard suites available for TSU?

Old Mar 3, 2023, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, AA Plat

Hello! I did some searching before asking this, wondering if anyone has run into this and what do do?

I am trying to apply a TSU to Hyatt Incline Village for Sierra Suite. Sierra suite is available for cash during my stay, and on other dates during the year available on points via Standard Suite Award and Standard Suite points+cash award.

Globalist line is telling me that TSU is not valid for all standard suites on the property, only the suites the hotel wants to make available for the TSU.

Im a little frustrated because I choose the vacation week (we can be a little flexible) based on the availability of the standard suite when booking to make sure I can apply the TSU.

Is there any way to plan better ahead of time, and is this a new thing where not all standard suites are available for the TSU?

Appreciate the input here. Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2023, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by frstclspls
Hello! I did some searching before asking this, wondering if anyone has run into this and what do do?

I am trying to apply a TSU to Hyatt Incline Village for Sierra Suite. Sierra suite is available for cash during my stay, and on other dates during the year available on points via Standard Suite Award and Standard Suite points+cash award.

Globalist line is telling me that TSU is not valid for all standard suites on the property, only the suites the hotel wants to make available for the TSU.

Im a little frustrated because I choose the vacation week (we can be a little flexible) based on the availability of the standard suite when booking to make sure I can apply the TSU.

Is there any way to plan better ahead of time, and is this a new thing where not all standard suites are available for the TSU?

Appreciate the input here. Thanks!
Sierra suite is not a standard suite at Lake Tahoe. Junior suite or one bedroom suite is.
wrldwide1 and jerry a. laska like this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks - I’m confused re how is the Sierra Suite offered as a Standard Suite on points or points + cash and it’s not a Standard Suite?
Old Mar 3, 2023, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
"Globalist line is telling me that TSU is not valid for all standard suites on the property, only the suites the hotel wants to make available for the TSU."

That is not correct. Answering generically with respect to the program (not about this particular suite type at this hotel), confirmed suite upgrades are valid for any standard suite, these are not capacity controlled.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! This is how I understand it also, I am reaching out to the guest experience manager at the property to resolve bc multiple calls to WOH (globalist concierge and reservations) yielded the same incorrect feedback. Appreciate it!
Old Mar 4, 2023, 12:57 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by frstclspls
Thank you! This is how I understand it also, I am reaching out to the guest experience manager at the property to resolve bc multiple calls to WOH (globalist concierge and reservations) yielded the same incorrect feedback. Appreciate it!
Feel free to whine but as noted by myperks the only 2 standard suites at this property are the One Bedroom Suite and the Sugar Pine Junior Suite. See also Lake Tahoe Rooms, Cottages & Suites | Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe which identifies those 2 as standard suites. The Sierra Suite is not a standard suite and it cannot be booked using a TSU
Old Mar 4, 2023, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
As noted by others, the Sierra Suite is not a standard suite.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...thread-47.html
Old Mar 4, 2023, 6:57 pm

I'm guessing that the hotel has decided to make a premium suite available for points and points+cash redemption at standard suite levels. But it isn't actually one and thus they can reject an SUA
Old Mar 4, 2023, 9:17 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Was the Sierra Suite ever previously categorized as a “standard suite”?
Old Mar 5, 2023, 8:12 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Was the Sierra Suite ever previously categorized as a standard suite?
I don't recall its designation in the GP days (if there even was one) but it's not been a "standard suite" since the transition to WoH. According to the property's web site, it, along with the Presidential Suite, is the largest suite at 896 sq ft. I'd consider it very unlikely that it would ever be a "standard suite".
Old Mar 9, 2023, 2:10 pm

Programs: Hh Diamond. Marriott Plat. ES, Gold Circle
Im running into a similar issue with the Zoetry in Cancun.
Booked a base room a week ago, standard suite was available. Still shows available today. But my Concierge cannot get the property to honor the upgrade.
The suite description says "this is a standard suite".

Pretty frustrating it's been a week.
Charlie9 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.