Advice on odd Hyatt interaction?

Old Mar 1, 2023, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
Advice on odd Hyatt interaction?

After 8 years as Globalist I dropped down to Explorist today. I have a lot of Spring travel coming up so called to see if there are any promotions. Agent says they'll check my account to see what I am eligible for, reads out the terms of a promotion they see: Globalist challenge, 20 nights in 90 days, today's the last day I can sign up. Great! Agent suggests I check my app or email so I can click on the link. Nothing in app or email. Agent says strange, and will get a supervisor to explain how to sign me up. Supervisor comes on and says I'm not targeted and it's not on my account. I ask first agent to explain to supervisor that they've just told me they see it on my account, but first agent has gone.

Supervisor is pretty rude and clearly wants me off the line. I ask politely if Supervisor can please check the recording of the call and hear that the first agent sees it on my account, but instead Supervisor escalates to second Supervisor. Supervisor 2 comes on and this one seems like they're mad with me which confuses me. I explain (always politely) that I would like to understand how one agent can see an offer on my account and another doesn't see it on my account. Supervisor 2 says the offer wasn't ever released. That really confuses me since the first agent read out all the terms and conditions and said today's the last day for signing up. The Supervisor says the best they can do is to put some miles on my account for misinformation. Ok, but obviously, I'd really like the offer.

Maybe I've been spoiled by 8 years of being able to call the Diamond/Globalist line, and this time I called the regular line, but I was shocked by how rude the two Supervisors were (the Agent was nice, like always). I was consistently polite -- I wanted to understand how the first agent could see an offer on my account when checking for eligibility, but the second one said they couldn't see it, and the third one said it was never released... Surely being that rude will lead to alienating loyal WOH customers?

Normally, I would try the good old Hang Up and Call Again that I often see recommended here (but thankfully have never had to try before). However, I'm pretty sure they annotated my account because I could hear a lot of (loud) clickiing of keys, so -- should I try, or will it be a waste of time? Or I'll be marked as annoying/unwilling to accept what I've been told? Any advice? Just let it go? In that case, my ~25 nights of Spring travel will go to Hilton (I am Diamond there too, decent history of room upgrades).
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:20 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
You could try writing a concise email - [email protected], or reach out on twitter. But I wouldn't necessarily expect a resolution, a lot of the times you just get people (and not just WoH staff) who aren't having a good day unfortunately.

It's possible the first agent made a mistake, or that promotion isn't actually applicable to you. There are limited reports of other people getting what sounds to be similar though. Just missed Globalist 2 ways - any options?
Old Mar 1, 2023, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
Thanks for the reply. I may try the email or HUCA tomorrow. I did read the reports and a whole thread on recent fast tracks/challenges. It seemed like Agent 1 was mighty specific about how it was on my account and they just needed a supervisor to tell them how to apply it without an email. Remembered, also, Supervisor 2 said "that offer was never released" which also confused me -- it was on my account, with the deadline for signup today, but not released...?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.