Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Issues getting my MGM status Match with Hyatt status in person @ MGM Rewards Desks

Issues getting my MGM status Match with Hyatt status in person @ MGM Rewards Desks

Old Feb 28, 2023, 5:22 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: LAX, SNA
Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Posts: 1,573
Yeah I am almost 100% positive that you can never do a Caesar's match if you already have an account with them.

Does this also apply to the Wyndham match or is that automated/different?
lowkeyflyer is offline  
Old Feb 28, 2023, 5:26 pm
  #17  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 102,094
What happens if you attempted a MGM to Caesar’s match at a Caesars-related casino but the match didn’t go through or didn’t stick? Does that also eliminate the chances to get an MGM to Caesar’s match? From the above, it sounds like it would be game over.
GUWonder is offline  
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:53 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SFO/DTW
Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,988
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I tried yesterday at Caesars and was nixed. Cant have had a Caesars acct before.
Hence once per lifetime.
kxc262 is offline  
Old Mar 1, 2023, 4:04 pm
  #19  
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 10,272
Originally Posted by GUWonder
What happens if you attempted a MGM to Caesar’s match at a Caesars-related casino but the match didn’t go through or didn’t stick? Does that also eliminate the chances to get an MGM to Caesar’s match? From the above, it sounds like it would be game over.
I’ve actually heard of your situation as apparently Caesar’s has some very messed up policies with matching
I’m aware of someone who matched in mid December and they expired them just weeks.after into January for not using it soon enough 🤷‍♂️.Worth a discussion with them but like others have shared they tend to be stubborn and foolish set in their ways
Not a huge fan of MGM but the hotels have actually been pretty good to me and the no resort fees has it’s def appeal
777 global mile hound is offline  
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:36 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: LAX, SNA
Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Posts: 1,573
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I’ve actually heard of your situation as apparently Caesar’s has some very messed up policies with matching
I’m aware of someone who matched in mid December and they expired them just weeks.after into January for not using it soon enough 🤷‍♂️.Worth a discussion with them but like others have shared they tend to be stubborn and foolish set in their ways
Not a huge fan of MGM but the hotels have actually been pretty good to me and the no resort fees has it’s def appeal
Side question but what does the "Ambassador: World of Hyatt" under your name mean?
lowkeyflyer is offline  
Old Mar 1, 2023, 10:56 pm
  #21  
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 10,272
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Side question but what does the "Ambassador: World of Hyatt" under your name mean?
Essentially that some of us have been here to long (myself 23 years here in this forum) I was reading posts back in 1999!
It was originally a concept that the original owner of Flyertalk "Randy Petersen" came up with.
To assemble some seasoned longtime Hyatt program members and other programs to help assist members in the various forum
with questions about "World of Hyatt" and previously Gold Passport
I can say its been both a blessing and a curse like everything in social media.

Randy changed my world decades ago when I picked up his magazine at the time "Inside Flyer" Sort of a frequent flyer must have at the time though no longer published.
Would get excited every month waiting for the latest edition of point & mile opportunities around the globe
Think I speak for many that his genius idea and body of work lives on here in our spirit of community and inspired so many other fellow travelers
Including some of the most popular bloggers of our time

I like to think we all make a difference here being here for each other sharing the best of what Hyatt and other programs have to offer
as well as the challenges and bumps along the road.
Consider some of the posters here long time friends and here is to the new ones in our forum soon to be!
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
777 global mile hound is offline  
Old Mar 1, 2023, 11:04 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: LAX, SNA
Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Posts: 1,573
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Essentially that some of us have been here to long (myself 23 years here in this forum) I was reading posts back in 1999!
It was originally a concept that the original owner of Flyertalk "Randy Petersen" came up with.
To assemble some seasoned longtime Hyatt program members and other programs to help assist members in the various forum
with questions about "World of Hyatt" and previously Gold Passport
I can say its been both a blessing and a curse like everything in social media.

Randy changed my world decades ago when I picked up his magazine at the time "Inside Flyer" Sort of a frequent flyer must have at the time though no longer published.
Would get excited every month waiting for the latest edition of point & mile opportunities around the globe
Think I speak for many that his genius idea and body of work lives on here in our spirit of community and inspired so many other fellow travelers
Including some of the most popular bloggers of our time

I like to think we all make a difference here being here for each other sharing the best of what Hyatt and other programs have to offer
as well as the challenges and bumps along the road.
Consider some of the posters here long time friends and here is to the new ones in our forum soon to be!
Neat! Plan to stick around for a while. Started this game at 18 years old and now I'm 20.
lowkeyflyer is offline  
Old Mar 1, 2023, 11:28 pm
  #23  
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 10,272
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Neat! Plan to stick around for a while. Started this game at 18 years old and now I'm 20.
Welcome aboard its great to have new comers
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
777 global mile hound is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.