Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Spring 2023 Global promotion - 3k points for 2 nights starting with 2nd stay (ended)

Spring 2023 Global promotion - 3k points for 2 nights starting with 2nd stay (ended)

Old Feb 21, 2023, 1:35 pm

My parents have multiple long stays within the period. That said they have a reservation from March 17 - 24. Would this count as a first stay?
Old Feb 21, 2023, 1:35 pm

Programs: SPG HH AA PLT AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Visconti
Quick question. For the one night, would, say, checking in on the 19th and out on the 20th count? Or, must it be checking in after the 20th and out on the 21st?

Thanks!
This is specifically covered in the FAQs released with the promotion. It's based on the check-out date. So, as long as you are checking out on or after March 20th, that will be counted as your first (non-bonused) stay.
SacTownGuy, illico and Visconti like this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I wonder why they even added that language to require an initial non-bonus stay
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt glob, KLM/AirFrance plat
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
I guess they want to incentivize recurring visitors (frequent travelers who constantly have a choice) rather than casual one-off vacationers. This way they can save a bunch of points and only reward those who's the target audience for this promotion.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Or maybe to avoid that someone with a long stay before the qualifying period gets the points for all night just because checking out on 20 March (eg 20 Feb to 20 March will get him 0 points instead of 42k)?
Old Feb 21, 2023, 2:11 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Visconti
Quick question. For the one night, would, say, checking in on the 19th and out on the 20th count? Or, must it be checking in after the 20th and out on the 21st?

Thanks!
based on my experiences in past promotions, the check-out date is relevant. So, yes, the night from 1920 would count.
Visconti likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 2:13 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by illico
My parents have multiple long stays within the period. That said they have a reservation from March 17 - 24. Would this count as a first stay?
i would say yes, as checkout date is relevant.
illico likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 2:16 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
I understand.. you could have 20 nights in March with checkout on 20th, and then those nights would all be eligible, meaning yod get 30k points. That is how their IT somehow works. So with the 1st stay not counting, Hyatt can avoid this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Seagull689
but do you have an already planned, 1 night stay checking out on March 20, before you 3 week road trip starts?
So the first eligible stay can be a one night, not two night one? Also checkout on March 20?
Old Feb 21, 2023, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pronichkin
I guess they want to incentivize recurring visitors (frequent travelers who constantly have a choice) rather than casual one-off vacationers. This way they can save a bunch of points and only reward those who's the target audience for this promotion.
Yup, exactly. If someone has a single long vacation (say 14 days at some place), they don't want to give bonus points to someone when they don't really need to.

They want to incentivize incremental revenue. Andin order to do that, you can remove a lot of the points given by excluding the first stay.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 3:02 pm

If someone can find a 3,500 points/night place and book for 30 nights, that's 60,000 points in exchange for 30 nights toward globalist qualification. That's not bad I guess. I just don't know if there is any such place in the US for the promotional period.
BillMorrow likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 3:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
The thing I'm curious about - say I've multiple rooms.
Would the first room checkout count as the first stay and the second room checkout counts for bonus points?
Old Feb 21, 2023, 3:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by tobikosan
So the first eligible stay can be a one night, not two night one? Also checkout on March 20?
None of the stays need to be 2 nights.
tobikosan and wilywombat like this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 3:12 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Thank you for choosing Hyatt. According to the Terms and Conditions of the Q1 Bonus Journey promotion only the room occupied by the member will count toward this promotion and bonus offer. If you have additional questions you can contact @Hyattconcierge through Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. .
Old Feb 21, 2023, 3:14 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Most confusing promotion - why do they have some parts of the requirements as stays and some as nights? Why is part of it limited to certain cities (this was dumb last year, too)?

Whose internship project was "make confusing and over-engineered promotions for 2023?"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.