Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Spring 2023 Global promotion - 3k points for 2 nights starting with 2nd stay (ended)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring 2023 Global promotion - 3k points for 2 nights starting with 2nd stay (ended)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2023, 2:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Which is why Hyatt needs to bring in a new higher level of status - let's call it Universalist. Exact the same published benefits as Globalist, but some people will think that they desperately NEED it in order to gain some kind of upgrade priority over mere Globalists...
Lifetime Globalist actually is higher status for upgrades at most hotels. And Courtesy Card above that for upgrades.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Which is why Hyatt needs to bring in a new higher level of status - let's call it Universalist. Exact the same published benefits as Globalist, but some people will think that they desperately NEED it in order to gain some kind of upgrade priority over mere Globalists...
It would be great ;-)
I’ll be at 80 nights and more than 200k base points when checking out of 59 nights at the Churchill in March!
travelallot likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Should be a pretty good promo for most, especially if you're stuck with a bunch of FNC's and point reservations to burn. And even better, will be in Tokyo for a week in April!
Old Feb 17, 2023, 2:40 pm

This promos basically an extension of my targeted offer (3000 points after two nights) until the end of May, which is pretty nice.

Quick question: I have a stay from the 17-20. I assume the night of the 19th won’t be valid for the promo expiring on the 19th. In that case, will my check out date on the 20th count as a first stay for this promo?

Can't read. Looks like FAQ #10 answered the question for me.

Last edited by FatPigs; Feb 17, 2023 at 7:53 pm
Old Feb 17, 2023, 3:48 pm

So if you wanted to be strategic. You would stay one night on the 21st or after and then do a longer stay at a different hyatt to rack up those nights?
JoeWoodstock likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 4:47 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Are point nights eligible

6. What is an Eligible Stav? For the purpose of this offer, an Eligible Stay is defined as a stay at a participating hotel where a member is paving an Eligible Rate or redeems a Free Night award. Back-to-back nights at the same hotel will be considered one Eligible Stay.

so if I book my stays paying with points at an eligible Hyatt house , tupicsky 5000 points a night, will I still recieve the bonus 3000 points after every two completed nights? The math would be 10,000 WoH for each two nights -3000 award points bringing it down to 7000 or 3500 points a night . Correct ?
Old Feb 17, 2023, 5:06 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by martinplas
6. What is an Eligible Stav? For the purpose of this offer, an Eligible Stay is defined as a stay at a participating hotel where a member is paving an Eligible Rate or redeems a Free Night award. Back-to-back nights at the same hotel will be considered one Eligible Stay.

so if I book my stays paying with points at an eligible Hyatt house , tupicsky 5000 points a night, will I still recieve the bonus 3000 points after every two completed nights? The math would be 10,000 WoH for each two nights -3000 award points bringing it down to 7000 or 3500 points a night . Correct ?
Correct. A Free Night Award is either using points or another type of award, such as a Cat 1-4 Free Night Award from the Milestones or staying at 5 brands.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 7:22 pm

Any thoughts on eligibility for a second stay checking out on May 27? I’d assume the nights prior to the 27th would still count, so a 7 night stay would count as 6 nights for the purposes of the promo.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by CoffeeTraveler
Any thoughts on eligibility for a second stay checking out on May 27? I’d assume the nights prior to the 27th would still count, so a 7 night stay would count as 6 nights for the purposes of the promo.
hyatt promos are typically based on checkout date so you will get no credit against this promo.

(Also see #10 of the posted faq)
CoffeeTraveler likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
hyatt promos are typically based on checkout date so you will get no credit against this promo.

(Also see #10 of the posted faq)
Good to know. Guess I’ll need to shorten by stay by a day.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 11:42 am

Programs: Hyatt glob, KLM/AirFrance plat
yeah, that's tough. I have a stay booked in Andaz New York from Match 22 to 28. I would *love* some bonus points for at least the first four nights. (Assuming Andaz is participating.) So, I might end up breaking the reservation into two, one from 22-26, and the other from 26-28. Except that I'm applying a TSU to this stay. So now I'm either losing 6k points by not using the promo, or... will have to burn two TSUs, I guess?
Old Feb 18, 2023, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pronichkin
yeah, that's tough. I have a stay booked in Andaz New York from Match 22 to 28. I would *love* some bonus points for at least the first four nights. (Assuming Andaz is participating.) So, I might end up breaking the reservation into two, one from 22-26, and the other from 26-28. Except that I'm applying a TSU to this stay. So now I'm either losing 6k points by not using the promo, or... will have to burn two TSUs, I guess?
Breaking it into two won’t help you… when it posts it’ll get combined into one stay. You’d need to switch properties or have the second night in your travel companions name and then the remaining nights in your name.
pronichkin likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 12:10 pm

Thread

Is this promotion confirmed?
Old Feb 18, 2023, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WORLDOFHYATTUNIVERSE
Is this promotion confirmed?
It hasn't been officially announced yet.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 5:47 am

Tough timing to get a "first stay" in. I have a 6 night stay in Honolulu starting very late March. Rates are of course insane here in Tokyo until then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.