Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What is the purpose of "lifetime total points"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2023, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

What is the purpose of the below screenshot showing total lifetime points? I remember you can earn lifetime status, but I remember that was based on lifetime base points. So I couldn't figure out why they show lifetime total points?

Old Jan 31, 2023, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by deskover54
What is the purpose of the below screenshot showing total lifetime points? I remember you can earn lifetime status, but I remember that was based on lifetime base points. So I couldn't figure out why they show lifetime total points?

You reach lifetime globalist after 1,000,000 lifetime base points.

Last edited by coleslaw; Jan 31, 2023 at 12:56 pm
Old Jan 31, 2023, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coleslaw
You reach lifetime globalist after 1,000,000 lifetime points.
oh...to confirm, it is *lifetime points* and NOT lifetime *base* points? I guess i had it mixed up.
Markie likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
oh...to confirm, it is *lifetime points* and NOT lifetime *base* points? I guess i had it mixed up.
it is *base* points. I’ve never received those monthly emails so I didn’t realise it was showing your lifetime points (total) and not just base.

I guess the reason for total is just to show you how many points you’ve earned and how generous they are?
Old Jan 31, 2023, 12:59 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
You reach lifetime globalist after 1,000,000 lifetime points.
lifetime base points. I'm not sure where that picture came from, I remember a while back someone found buried in the code of the website where you can see 'lifetime points', but I believe it was total lifetime points and not just base points that count for Lifetime Globalist.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 1:04 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Beckles
lifetime base points. I'm not sure where that picture came from, I remember a while back someone found buried in the code of the website where you can see 'lifetime points', but I believe it was total lifetime points and not just base points that count for Lifetime Globalist.

yes, I posted that when on your account page, rightnclick the mouse and select java source code and search for lifetime.

but lifetime points is not the same as lifetime base points, the latter is needed for LT Glob.
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beckles
bummer that it is BASE points.

The photo came from the website, if you go to account, then print, that's what it shows.

is there a place to see lifetime base points? seems that would be a more useful metric
Old Jan 31, 2023, 1:11 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

The photo came from the website, if you go to account, then print, that's what it shows.

is there a place to see lifetime base points? seems that would be a more useful metric
either as I posted in post nbr 6, or await the monthly account statement. It should show there, too.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 1:16 pm

when I go to account Account and print I just get a messy version of the account page with no added detail Vs what I can see in the web browser.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 59Impala
either as I posted in post nbr 6, or await the monthly account statement. It should show there, too.
thanks. i also just found an easier way. facebook message to hyatt and ask. they respond very quickly.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
You reach lifetime globalist after 1,000,000 lifetime base points.
Only 750,000 to go.
MasterPlanner and strickerj like this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 1:45 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
1,225,095 Lifetime Base Points

I guess I'm old.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Football Fan
1,225,095 Lifetime Base Points

I guess I'm old.
Can I have 225,095, please?

I need to look through my email archive and see if the lifetime balance was included years ago, but I think the bulk of my 250k is from the Gold Passport program era.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
thanks. i also just found an easier way. facebook message to hyatt and ask. they respond very quickly.
ditto via twitter.

I have 1.5 million lifetime points but only 400k lifetime base points. I'm surprised by the gap, given that the Diamond/Globalist bonus is only 30%. Guess I've earned lots and lots of points through promos, credit card, and service recovery.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 5:44 pm
Original Member

Thanks for the tip to see what Hyatt's count is of my points. They say 1,262,178 lifetime points but only 244,178 base points (I know 135,000 were from 1998 alone). I have received a lot of bonuses in my day. I think about 200k were from the pre-WOH credit card days when you could buy Hyatt gift certificates (on embossed paper sent via FedEx) and get 5 bonus Gold Passport points per $, plus the base points you received when you used them.

My personal Hyatt spreadsheet that I started in the mid 1990's has my lifetime base points at 244,198 but I don't think I'm going to try to argue the 20 point discrepancy.
josephstern and gadberry like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.