Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Toranomon Hills (Tokyo) REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Hotel Toranomon Hills (Tokyo) REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 29, 2023, 8:08 pm

Will be staying there for 4 days on opening day! Will try to report back with photos and details/review.
chad75, benjahman, lsquare and 7 others like this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 10:18 am

I'm staying here in a couple weeks and just applied an SUA - and apparently it upgrades into the Corner King Suite? Was pleasantly surprised since there are 2 suite categories below this (the Suite King and Deluxe Suite King)
Old Dec 6, 2023, 11:34 am

Don't worry, inevitably with every Hyatt hotel when they are new, they often allow and provide things that are extra friendly to customers but they will very quickly learn to chisel and grift the customer out of every last morsel and nickel they can, even more as they learn Hyatt will allow them to do whatever they want. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by xyxyzn
I'm staying here in a couple weeks and just applied an SUA - and apparently it upgrades into the Corner King Suite? Was pleasantly surprised since there are 2 suite categories below this (the Suite King and Deluxe Suite King)
You might have just gotten lucky, I just applied my own SUA and I was only upgraded to a Suite King : /

Enjoy it!
Old Dec 6, 2023, 12:25 pm

Could be Kitano-san looking out for people he knows :-) He is the best of the best.

EDIT: Looks like suite awards can book into any of the first three suite cats.

Last edited by MattEvan; Dec 6, 2023 at 3:17 pm
Old Dec 7, 2023, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I booked a week coming up soon and applied a TSU up to a Corner Suite King .. good I jumped yesterday as TSU suite avail is now gone !
Old Dec 8, 2023, 5:46 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Also booked a full week into a corner suite. Glad to have followed the thread.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 7:28 am

Okay so here's the review! I'm still here for 2 more days so I'll try to answer questions if possible.

• The hotel's entrance is pretty easy to miss from within the Toranomon Hills building atrium
  • It's quite easy to access the Toranomon Hill station on the Hibiya Line
  • I won't comment any more on the location as it's well known this is a business district w/ not much around it/only one subway line
Check In
  • Process was smooth overall, no complaints
  • I arrived on opening day so there weren't any upgrades available but I'm just an explorist atm
1st Floor
  • This has the lobby, the cafe, and the restaurant 'Le Pristine Tokyo'
  • Apparently there is breakfast available for globalists but can't comment on that specifically ;(
11-14th Floors
  • There's an elevator bay close by the lobby w/ 3 elevators up to the 11th-14th floors which all have availability
  • Lounge: The lounge is pretty nice!
    • It's on the 11th floor and faces west? You can see the toranomon hills mori tower and Tokyo tower if you stick your face close to the window at an angle lol
    • For my stay, there were complimentary refreshments available - bottled japanese fruit juices, containers of iced coffee/green tea/juice, soda water. There are also packaged pastries and snacks (i.e. nuts, chocolate). A lot of the bottled drink refreshments are the same as in the room mini fridge which makes it kinda redundant.
    • It has a nice seating area, and upstairs w/ 3 showers and 3 "resting rooms". These are locked so I think you'll have to request it with the front desk.
  • The hotel is actually higher than the floors suggest cause it starts on the 3rd floor of the toranomon hills tower
Room
  • The hard product is really nice! There are some quirks though. I stayed in the Twin Deluxe
  • Design is very functional/Scandinavian as advertised.
  • The sink area is outside the room along the wall.
  • Bathroom has the shower and a very fancy toilet/bidet (Toto Neorest)
  • I didn't end up using the hydration station as much as expected because of bottled water, the water is room temperature, not cold.
  • Minus: The twin beds transferred movement somehow, it looks like the bedframe is anchored to the floor/headboard so when my partner moved I could feel it too and vice versa..
Gym
  • Quirky - they converted a duplex unit so it's on the 13th floor and has two floors and a kitchen
  • Equipment is nice but pretty minimal.. 2 treadmills, 2 bikes, elliptical, rowing machine, bench, free weights, "yoga" room upstairs. That's about it.

Overall, I think the hard product is pretty nice and I would consider staying here again. I ended up paying around 40K yen/night but I think the prices have gone up.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 10:16 am

Thanks for the review gobigorgobigger !

There are some real-life photos on Google reviews now too. Looks nice, if a bit small. I do hate the open wardrobes which Centric Ginza also has.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by gobigorgobigger
Okay so here's the review! I'm still here for 2 more days so I'll try to answer questions if possible.

• The hotel's entrance is pretty easy to miss from within the Toranomon Hills building atrium
  • I won't comment any more on the location as it's well known this is a business district w/ not much around it/only one subway line
Check In
  • Process was smooth overall, no complaints
  • I arrived on opening day so there weren't any upgrades available but I'm just an explorist atm
1st Floor
  • This has the lobby, the cafe, and the restaurant 'Le Pristine Tokyo'
  • Apparently there is breakfast available for globalists but can't comment on that specifically ;(
11-14th Floors
  • There's an elevator bay close by the lobby w/ 3 elevators up to the 11th-14th floors which all have availability
  • Lounge: The lounge is pretty nice!
    • It's on the 11th floor and faces west? You can see the toranomon hills mori tower and Tokyo tower if you stick your face close to the window at an angle lol
    • For my stay, there were complimentary refreshments available - bottled japanese fruit juices, containers of iced coffee/green tea/juice, soda water. There are also packaged pastries and snacks (i.e. nuts, chocolate). A lot of the bottled drink refreshments are the same as in the room mini fridge which makes it kinda redundant.
    • It has a nice seating area, and upstairs w/ 3 showers and 3 "resting rooms". These are locked so I think you'll have to request it with the front desk.
  • The hotel is actually higher than the floors suggest cause it starts on the 3rd floor of the toranomon hills tower
Room
  • The hard product is really nice! There are some quirks though. I stayed in the Twin Deluxe
  • Design is very functional/Scandinavian as advertised.
  • The sink area is outside the room along the wall.
  • Bathroom has the shower and a very fancy toilet/bidet (Toto Neorest)
  • I didn't end up using the hydration station as much as expected because of bottled water, the water is room temperature, not cold.
  • Minus: The twin beds transferred movement somehow, it looks like the bedframe is anchored to the floor/headboard so when my partner moved I could feel it too and vice versa..
Gym
  • Quirky - they converted a duplex unit so it's on the 13th floor and has two floors and a kitchen
  • Equipment is nice but pretty minimal.. 2 treadmills, 2 bikes, elliptical, rowing machine, bench, free weights, "yoga" room upstairs. That's about it.

Overall, I think the hard product is pretty nice and I would consider staying here again. I ended up paying around 40K yen/night but I think the prices have gone up.
Thanks for the review! If you have stayed at the nearby Andaz before, do you think there's any compelling reason to stay here vs. Andaz besides the lower cash/points rate?
Old Dec 8, 2023, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by gobigorgobigger
The Toranomon Station on the Ginza Line is also connected to the Toranoman Hills station (Hibiya), so you can get between the Ginza line, Hibiya line, the Andaz, and this hotel without stepping outside. There are plenty of signs in the underground walkway connecting these spots to direct visitors to this hotel, as well. I was staying in the Andaz, but to be honest the walk felt about the same to either station/line from the Toranomon Hills Mori tower. I will also add there are a lot of places to eat in these interconnected buildings, including a few food courts. There is also a very well-stocked Urban Famima in the Toranomon Hills Business Tower. There is also a bus depot that supposedly has an airport bus. Unfortunately, the only bus currently using this station is the BRT. Getting to either airport requires a trip to Shimbashi or an unpleasant transfer via the Ginza Line.

It does concern me that this is a Cat 6 hotel, which makes it pretty clear that the Andaz will likely be going Cat 8 on the next deval.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by MattEvan
Thanks for the review gobigorgobigger !

There are some real-life photos on Google reviews now too. Looks nice, if a bit small. I do hate the open wardrobes which Centric Ginza also has.
I've got some photos as well. Will try to post later tonight!
Old Dec 8, 2023, 7:28 pm

Pictures

Entrance

Lounge

Lounge Refreshments

Gym

Twin Deluxe Room

Old Dec 8, 2023, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by jch636
Thanks for the review! If you have stayed at the nearby Andaz before, do you think there's any compelling reason to stay here vs. Andaz besides the lower cash/points rate?
I haven't stayed at the andaz so I can't comment specifically. I can say that I would still consider checking it out for the views, higher floors, globalist breakfast, amenities (pool/bigger gym), free mini bar, bigger room. Also having a separate bathroom instead of having the sink in the main room.

But as the andaz was built 2014 I'd imagine it's starting to show some age, compared with a brand new hotel.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 8:08 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Thanks for the review and photos. I remember in the olden days when a hydration station was called a tap!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.