Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Toranomon Hills (Tokyo) REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Hotel Toranomon Hills (Tokyo) REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 10, 2023, 6:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Yes, it's definitely a very recent occurrence. I guess I'll just have to keep checking back to see if they open it up again.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 8:51 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I think I see what happened. They're in the process of moving many or all the Tokyo hotels up in category. This hotel was Cat 6 and it's now Cat 7.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 12:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I think I see what happened. They're in the process of moving many or all the Tokyo hotels up in category. This hotel was Cat 6 and it's now Cat 7.
Where did you get that info? The hotel's website still shows it as Cat 6, award rooms are available at 25K points (21K off-peak, 29K peak).
travelswithmyself likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Where did you get that info? The hotel's website still shows it as Cat 6, award rooms are available at 25K points (21K off-peak, 29K peak).
I have no idea where you're looking. The Points Calendar clearly shows Category 7 with most nights at 30K (which is also a lie since they don't even offer any standard rooms). Maybe it's different within Japan?

Old Oct 11, 2023, 8:55 am

Not the same hotel. Still a category 6.
RustyHippo likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I have no idea where you're looking. The Points Calendar clearly shows Category 7 with most nights at 30K (which is also a lie since they don't even offer any standard rooms). Maybe it's different within Japan?

The hotel for this thread:
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...on-hills/tyoub

The hotel you were looking at:
https://www.hyatt.com/andaz/tyoaz-an...oranomon-hills
Old Oct 11, 2023, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by antonius66
Not the same hotel. Still a category 6.
Thanks. Reading above, it seems I'm not the only one to make this mistake.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 2:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
edit: already posted above.

Last edited by invalyd; Oct 30, 2023 at 11:36 am
Old Nov 1, 2023, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
For the local experts, how is this hotel as far as being close to subway stations, food/shopping, etc.? For instance how does it compare to the Grand Hyatt?
Old Nov 1, 2023, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
For the local experts, how is this hotel as far as being close to subway stations, food/shopping, etc.? For instance how does it compare to the Grand Hyatt?
I prefer location of Grand Hyatt - there's a lot more going on around the hotel both food and shopping wise. But there is the relatively new Toranomon yokocho by Andaz.

eta: sorry just realized this is not the andaz thread. However its 10 mins walking from andaz that I feel the surroundings wouldnt be much different.
Infinite1K likes this.

Last edited by travelbugging; Nov 1, 2023 at 11:44 pm
Old Nov 2, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by travelbugging
I prefer location of Grand Hyatt - there's a lot more going on around the hotel both food and shopping wise. But there is the relatively new Toranomon yokocho by Andaz.

eta: sorry just realized this is not the andaz thread. However its 10 mins walking from andaz that I feel the surroundings wouldnt be much different.
Thanks. On a map, they do appear to be close, but since Tokyo is such a dense city, wasnt sure if there would be any major differences between the Andaz and this hotel.

And yes, you are not the first person to get this property confused with the Andaz. When this hotel opens, I wonder how many guests will arrive each day thinking they are checking into the Andaz and vice versa
Old Nov 3, 2023, 3:04 pm

This seems like a good option to book with cash when there's no points availability at the Hyatt Regency.
I've never stayed at Unbound as a Globalist before. Is it usually breakfast for globalists but no lounge?
Old Nov 9, 2023, 9:22 am

I wonder if there will be evening food at the lounge here. They say there are 2 floors dedicated to lounge and co-working space, which seems like a strange allocation of space if that doesn't include dining space as well.

I tried to apply a TSU confirmed suite upgrade award, but Hyatt said you have to wait until Dec. 6 when they open to request the TSU to be applied. Given the limited availability, I'm curious if there will be any suite upgrades available here the first few weeks/months of opening.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 8:30 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by randomasian
This seems like a good option to book with cash when there's no points availability at the Hyatt Regency.
I've never stayed at Unbound as a Globalist before. Is it usually breakfast for globalists but no lounge?
Correct, typically breakfast only. I haven't stayed at an Unbound property that had a lounge.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Made a booking for early next year. Rate wasn't too bad, about 1/3 that of the Andaz across the street (34K vs 110K) and about 20% lower than the GHT (45K). The 45K rate for the GHT is not bad at current FX. Given the smallish rooms (and no pool), the GHT may look like a better deal, but curious to try the new place. I actually prefer the Toranomon location to the GHT location, but that probably puts me in the minority here.

Glad to see that hotel prices in Tokyo are starting to moderate (a little, at least!).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.