Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London Albert Embankment REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency London Albert Embankment REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 19, 2024, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Regardless, it can turn into uncomfortable confrontations. I've read reports of similar policies that were enforced at JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square in Seoul and led to confrontation with staff. I simply reported it as frequent takeaway partakers might want to look elsewhere for choice of lodgings.
Certainly, I appreciate the information. I can't speak to the experience in Seoul, and the hotel might very well prevent delivery people from entering the premises, but there's no way a London hotel would be able to prevent people from bringing food they purchased outside the hotel (eg via Deliveroo) into the building.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 12:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
I noticed a sign at the front desk today that “takeaway food orders are not allowed in guest rooms” - seems like a stern policy for a hotel that would likely cater to longer-term business travelers.
I vaguely remember something like that there. What is the reasoning for this type of policy? Additional waste (e.g. takeaway containers) that the hotel has to dispose of? Previous guests making a mess in the room? Trying to steer guests to use the on-site restaurant?
Old Jan 21, 2024, 6:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Currently in the HR Churchill lounge having lunch delivered by Deliveroo and nobody (reception, security, concierge, lounge) mentioned anything to me (or to de driver)…:

EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 10:03 am

I appreciate the reports here. Sounds like there's really no compelling reason to select Embankment over Blackfriars, unless there is a significant price differential.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 12:47 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by xooz
I appreciate the reports here. Sounds like there's really no compelling reason to select Embankment over Blackfriars, unless there is a significant price differential.
At Blackfriars prices, I would consider Andaz or Churchill, as well - my rate difference between Blackfriars and Andaz was 10 GBP, and Embankment was about 50 GBP less than Blackfriars.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 1:05 pm

At Blackfriars prices, I would consider Andaz or Churchill, as well - my rate difference between Blackfriars and Andaz was 10 GBP, and Embankment was about 50 GBP less than Blackfriars.
Yes, I'm pretty price/point sensitive. For an upcoming trip, prices are Blackfriar 279GBP/17K, and Embankment is $197/17K. I may end up at the HP East for 9K since I'm traveling with my son and can get a 2 single room. Otherwise, I would probably opt for cash at Embankment, if only to try it out for myself. I have yet to stay at GSY, waiting for that alignment of me being there and an off peak redemption.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 3:41 am

Programs: LH*G HON
Originally Posted by econ
I vaguely remember something like that there. What is the reasoning for this type of policy? Additional waste (e.g. takeaway containers) that the hotel has to dispose of? Previous guests making a mess in the room? Trying to steer guests to use the on-site restaurant?
The hotel prohibits any kind of hot food brought inside, whether it’s taken in from guests or brought by delivery. Apparently it’s to counter complaints from guests about smell in the hallways. Ironically, I was asked to place my room service tray in the hallway after use, so go figure.

Regarding the breakfast, there is an a-la-carte menu of which globalists can pick one item. I was told this only on the last day of my stay, which is a bit unfortunate.

Lastly, I found that the hotel proactively upgrades me to a deluxe room with view as the suites were fully sold out.

I valued the space more than the view and asked to be moved to a premium room. This room had matte decals on the windows so that you couldn’t see outside except from a very shallow angle. They accommodated it without hesitation.

A general note about hotels not upgrading to suites despite availability: This applies to any hotel, but is especially relevant for Hyatt.

Just because a standard suite is sold on the website doesn’t mean that one is available. The hotels do sometimes oversell lower category rooms, knowing that the guests will likely have to be upgraded.

It’s a way to “milk” all price points and it helps capture the market for someone looking for e.g. a standard suite but not willing to pay the triple price for the only presidential suite left.

They’ll sell the room at both price points and then “surprise” you with the upgrade. However it also means that a globalist you won’t get that standard suite since it never existed in the first place.

This can explain why some hotels that otherwise are generous with upgrades may deny one, despite showing availability on the app.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 5:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
At this hotel there are no premium suites though - just three suites, so it’s reasonably straightforward as to when one is available or not.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 7:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by chrisleduc
The hotel prohibits any kind of hot food brought inside, whether it’s taken in from guests or brought by delivery. Apparently it’s to counter complaints from guests about smell in the hallways. Ironically, I was asked to place my room service tray in the hallway after use, so go figure.

Regarding the breakfast, there is an a-la-carte menu of which globalists can pick one item. I was told this only on the last day of my stay, which is a bit unfortunate.

Lastly, I found that the hotel proactively upgrades me to a deluxe room with view as the suites were fully sold out.

I valued the space more than the view and asked to be moved to a premium room. This room had matte decals on the windows so that you couldn’t see outside except from a very shallow angle. They accommodated it without hesitation.

A general note about hotels not upgrading to suites despite availability: This applies to any hotel, but is especially relevant for Hyatt.

Just because a standard suite is sold on the website doesn’t mean that one is available. The hotels do sometimes oversell lower category rooms, knowing that the guests will likely have to be upgraded.

It’s a way to “milk” all price points and it helps capture the market for someone looking for e.g. a standard suite but not willing to pay the triple price for the only presidential suite left.

They’ll sell the room at both price points and then “surprise” you with the upgrade. However it also means that a globalist you won’t get that standard suite since it never existed in the first place.

This can explain why some hotels that otherwise are generous with upgrades may deny one, despite showing availability on the app.
Is it legal to prohibit a guest to go to his room with a panini bought outside of the hotel???
Old Jan 24, 2024, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
Finished up a two night stay here this morning.

Let's start by saying that this really shouldn't be a Hyatt Regency. When it was a CP it was widely regarded as being an odd property for that brand given the fit out of the rooms are very high end. That still applies now the hotel is a Hyatt. It is clear a lot of money was spent on this hotel by the developer / owner.

Check in experience was very odd. The duty manager checked me in and was particularly unfriendly. No recognition of globalist status- was just told "your rate comes with breakfast" which it didn't, I was getting breakfast as a globalist. I wasn't advised that there was a club lounge (it looks like from posts above there is).

I was upgraded to a room with a view but the room was noticeably smaller than other rooms on the floor. A welcome gift of some fruit in the room. The TV is one of those that lives within the mirror. Oddly the TV had the name of another guest on the menu page thoughout my stay. Despite being small, the bed was comfortable and the fittings were high end. The TV was difficult to activate. The toilet was a Japanese style toilet but had no "off" switch. Shower pretty decent. Fully stocked minibar- a coke was GBP3.

Breakfast was good. You could either have the buffet or go a la carte as a globalist. The a la carte was limited. I went with the buffet and was pleased.

The location means a walk if you aren't using a taxi. I needed to be in the city for work so tried the route to the city via Waterloo and also via Westminster on the District/Circle line. Pretty much the same distance from the hotel but Westminster walk more enjoyable.

Would I stay again? Yes probably if the price is right but the lack of nearby tube station means the price needs to be really right.
EuropeanPete and ffgap like this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 12:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by PoincianaKings
I wasn't advised that there was a club lounge (it looks like from posts above there is).
Perhaps I missed it, but I don't recall seeing anything about a lounge opening here. There certainly wasn't one during my stay last year.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 2:11 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by econ
Perhaps I missed it, but I don't recall seeing anything about a lounge opening here. There certainly wasn't one during my stay last year.
There is no lounge, but there is an evening benefit for Globalists that should have been explained.

Sounds like they had a crappy check-in - would agree that staff attitudes weren’t necessarily consistent.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
There is no lounge, but there is an evening benefit for Globalists that should have been explained.

Sounds like they had a crappy check-in - would agree that staff attitudes weren’t necessarily consistent.
LOL really! Gee god. What is worse is that I was checked in by the manager (according to the sign to the right of the check in desks).
Old Jun 22, 2024, 3:34 am

Checked in last night for a 2 night stay on points (20K per night). Paid rates were high at all my usual Hyatt properties (Andaz, Churchill) which is expected due to high summer season. Paid rates were in the $300 range here too and we just decided to use points and save the cash. Anyway, had a great experience at check in, recognized Globalist status, and upgraded to best available room which was 5th floor King with view. It's a lovely room! Very nice finishings throughout and good enough size for two of us and our bags, etc.

We arrived at around 10:15pm and POTUS was taking last orders at 10:30 so we hurried in there to eat since we had been traveling all day and were starving. Ordered a couple burgers and two cocktails and came to around 70GBP (including 12.5% service). Food was delicious and cocktails were legit (bartender took his time mixing them and they were nicely crafted - I'm picky about these things lol).

Went to bed and my pet peeve are these thick winter duvets you find in Europe even in the summer. I cranked the AC all the way down but was still boiling hot under the duvet. Ended up having to get up and remove the duvet from the cover and just sleep with the cover which worked out great and I was able to sleep much better after that. I remember the same thing happened to me at HR Stratford last summer too (and GH in Berlin and others!)
AC isn't strong STRONG but if you crank it down to 16 it gets cool enough haha.

Just down at breakfast now and it's a nice setup with great service. Coffee is good and they even obliged me with double cream for my Americano

What else? I'll report back more later but let me know if anyone has questions while I'm on property and happy to answer!
Markie likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2024, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Is it legal to prohibit a guest to go to his room with a panini bought outside of the hotel???
It's not. I would be shocked if this policy has ever been enforced.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.