Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2022/2023 turnover -- waiting for Globalist?

2022/2023 turnover -- waiting for Globalist?

Old Jan 3, 2023, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Seems like there's a lot of variability when the bonus nights post. My last set of bonus nights posted ~11 days later (10/20 from a 10/11 check-out); meanwhile, I'm now 15 days out from my last stay. Doesn't seem to be related to credit card cycle closing either.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 8:04 am

I hit my 15 K spend on the personal card in November. Received the cat 1-4 free night, but did not receive the 2 nights for the next 5K in spend, and still waiting. Sitting on 59 nights. Nervous as the free night hit but the 2 nights did not.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 8:17 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by theebigjuan
I hit my 15 K spend on the personal card in November. Received the cat 1-4 free night, but did not receive the 2 nights for the next 5K in spend, and still waiting. Sitting on 59 nights. Nervous as the free night hit but the 2 nights did not.
Same thing happened to my husband. The following month he got the 2 nights - but we'd also put more spend on the card (not $5k though). I hope your nights post soon!
Old Jan 3, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by theebigjuan
Originally Posted by ehallison
Same thing happened to my husband. The following month he got the 2 nights - but we'd also put more spend on the card (not $5k though). I hope your nights post soon!

Just keep in mind that the 5k is on a rolling counter, not exact increments, so you could spend $3,500 one month then $1,500 the next thinking youve hit 5k, but due to past spend you may be really at $6,700 and the 2 nights posted a month or so ago.

Just something to keep in mind.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Waiting here for an MGM stay to post pushing over 60, checked out 12/29 as well nothing posted checked awards and no Cat 1-7 or 3rd/4th TSUs.
I am also waiting for a MGM stay with checkout 12/29 to post. If it doesnt post do we have to wait 30 days to file a missing stay request? I have never had one not post automatically.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
I am also waiting for a MGM stay with checkout 12/29 to post. If it doesnt post do we have to wait 30 days to file a missing stay request? I have never had one not post automatically.
I don't think anyone here is worried about stays not posting, or even about not posting in the right calendar year per se -- most of the anxiety comes from waiting for bonus nights to post in the correct year (2022) from Chase, which involves a third party and has not happened in a consistent fashion thus far.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 11:28 am

I am also waiting for a MGM stay with checkout 12/29 to post. If it doesn’t post do we have to wait 30 days to file a missing stay request? I have never had one not post automatically.
They usually auto post for me but when they don't I call MGM and they have a way to push it through again. I just had a stay from November post this morning after calling in last week so I think another batch of MGM stays hit.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 11:42 am

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
I’ve already qualified for Globalist but a combination of year-end stays, business card spend and double EQN should put me over 70 and another SNA. I’m willing to wait it out, but one of the odd things for me was that I had back-to-back stays at PH Auckland that ended on 12/29. Prior to end of year, this posted as one transaction, with the correct dates (4 total) and points listed, but eligible nights only reflecting the first stay (2). I was keeping an eye on the transaction to see if it changed, but now all 2022 individual transactions show as 0 eligible nights, so there’s now no visibility at all into last year.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 5:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Look under your Hyatt # where it says:
Globalist through Feb 28, 2023
Old Jan 5, 2023, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by OhDoctor
I don't think anyone here is worried about stays not posting, or even about not posting in the right calendar year per se -- most of the anxiety comes from waiting for bonus nights to post in the correct year (2022) from Chase, which involves a third party and has not happened in a consistent fashion thus far.
Oh ok I forgot to respond to the main question in this thread. The Chase credit card bonus nights earned during 2022 will count for 2022 100% for sure even if there is an error when they post Hyatt customer service will fix it.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by exefdt
They usually auto post for me but when they don't I call MGM and they have a way to push it through again. I just had a stay from November post this morning after calling in last week so I think another batch of MGM stays hit.
Thank you mine did auto post yesterday probably with that batch you are referring to.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 9:48 am

Oh ok I forgot to respond to the main question in this thread. The Chase credit card bonus nights earned during 2022 will count for 2022 100% for sure even if there is an error when they post Hyatt customer service will fix it.

I hope so. My previous double nights from the Chase Business card posted 11 days after checkout date and appeared as "Reward Bonus - Qualifying Night(s)" with no indication of coming from Chase or which stay they were for. I'm pretty skeptical that my recent stays (still waiting for Dec 23 checkout to post) will be correctly applied to 2022 Qualifying Nights total
Old Jan 6, 2023, 5:58 pm

My Chase Business card double nights just posted with date 12/31/22 (for stays with checkout dates Dec 23 and Dec 30). Hope it all works out for everyone else!
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by lordvaderman
My Chase Business card double nights just posted with date 12/31/22 (for stays with checkout dates Dec 23 and Dec 30). Hope it all works out for everyone else!
Same. I just got an email from Hyatt about earning another year for Globalist. I was waiting for 3 nights from double elite night bonus.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by lordvaderman
Ditto. 10 nights doubled from the last 2 weeks of December. Globalist through Feb 2024

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.