Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Club Access Awards for Globalists - What to do?

Club Access Awards for Globalists - What to do?

Old Dec 28, 2022, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Looking at a list of someone's statuses is like browsing a dating site and glancing at the photos. It is truly their photo, though may have been a few years ago ...
And a few iterations of the program before... "WOH, what's a Hyatt Diamond?"

David
Old Jan 1, 2023, 9:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Originally Posted by skj
My MHC insisted the rooms all had to be booked in my name as the Club Lounge Access Awards cannot be "gifted" to another person. This wasn't much of an issue as we were able to change the names at the end of the stay so the actual occupants received their points and qualifying nights.
I had the same problem recently. My wife and I were meeting friends at a Hyatt property and I tried to use one of my club certs to for their reservation and was told no because the reservation was in his name, not mine and I couldn't change the name because he used points for his room. When I asked the question of "what can I actually use these things for if I can't even use them for someone traveling with us in the same hotel at the same time?", I was basically told what I knew....they are essentially useless.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Ti, LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I just let mine expire. Don't really give it a second thought. A very poorly conceived benefit. With Hyatt it is truly Globalist or nothing.
59Impala likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by gbdbld
If you only book 1 room but have 3 adults, can you use the club access awards for the 3rd person?
Answering myself here, you can't. You can only book a second room and apply the award to that room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.