Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New layout when searching on hyatt's website

Old Nov 15, 22, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Is anyone else seeing the new layout when you search for a hotel and then click into available rooms? A bunch of photos are haphazardly splashed along the top (don't get me started about what happens when you click the photo gallery button) and an ugly list of all available rooms, listed 4 to a row with one photo each, shows up at the bottom.

Who thought this was an improvement from the previous "tabbed" results list? Ugh.
Old Nov 15, 22, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Daftryan View Post
Is anyone else seeing the new layout when you search for a hotel and then click into available rooms? A bunch of photos are haphazardly splashed along the top (don't get me started about what happens when you click the photo gallery button) and an ugly list of all available rooms, listed 4 to a row with one photo each, shows up at the bottom.

Who thought this was an improvement from the previous "tabbed" results list? Ugh.
I really hate it.

It's reminiscent of AA's new layout from the start of this year - an absolute mess. Moving to this tile based layout is really user unfriendly. AA's site infuriates me and it seems like Hyatt is going in the same direction.
Old Nov 15, 22, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
I really hate it.

It's reminiscent of AA's new layout from the start of this year - an absolute mess. Moving to this tile based layout is really user unfriendly. AA's site infuriates me and it seems like Hyatt is going in the same direction.
Right? It also means several extra clicks/time to see what's a standard suite or premium suite. Really annoying.
Old Nov 15, 22, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Daftryan View Post
Is anyone else seeing the new layout when you search for a hotel and then click into available rooms?.
Yes. Its horrible.
Old Nov 15, 22, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Duplicate.
Old Nov 16, 22, 12:19 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
no change in layout for me. using Chrome
Old Nov 16, 22, 5:56 am

no change using safari either
Old Nov 16, 22, 8:04 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat, HY Globule
Sometimes companies roll out new web products by deploying to a few servers and then routing a random portion of traffic to the servers with the new product. Allows them to see how it performs, minimizes impact if there are problems and allows easier backing out of the change if needed. Changes would not normally be browser specific.
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 22, 1:09 pm

Atrocious. More clicks and a messier interface to get to the same information. 👎🏽
Old Nov 16, 22, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA PPro, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Was not seeing this new layout this morning, but now I'm seeing it and I'm not lovin' it...

Wow... it's really obnoxious...

Regards
Old Nov 16, 22, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

I mean the only thing I can think of is Hyatt is moving to dynamic pricing on points like IHG did, and this layout will make it easier to do so?? At least we can all agree it's AWFUL.
Old Nov 16, 22, 4:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by sw1x View Post
no change using safari either
I see this on safari.
Old Nov 16, 22, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Lets see a screenshot!
59Impala likes this.
Old Nov 16, 22, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA PPro, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
Lets see a screenshot!
I'm too lazy for that, but if you try incognito/private mode on a couple browsers you will likely see it. You don't really notice it until you click on a specific property from the search results.

They are definitely A/B testing with it as I've been using private/incognito mode today and it goes back and forth between the old and the "new"

Regards
Old Nov 16, 22, 6:31 pm

So so horrible. Please bring back something usable.

Search this Thread