FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   New layout when searching on hyatt's website (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2101072-new-layout-when-searching-hyatts-website.html)

Daftryan Nov 15, 2022 6:32 pm

New layout when searching on hyatt's website

Is anyone else seeing the new layout when you search for a hotel and then click into available rooms? A bunch of photos are haphazardly splashed along the top (don't get me started about what happens when you click the photo gallery button) and an ugly list of all available rooms, listed 4 to a row with one photo each, shows up at the bottom.

Who thought this was an improvement from the previous "tabbed" results list? Ugh.

coleslaw Nov 15, 2022 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Daftryan (Post 34761377)
Is anyone else seeing the new layout when you search for a hotel and then click into available rooms? A bunch of photos are haphazardly splashed along the top (don't get me started about what happens when you click the photo gallery button) and an ugly list of all available rooms, listed 4 to a row with one photo each, shows up at the bottom.

Who thought this was an improvement from the previous "tabbed" results list? Ugh.

I really hate it.

It's reminiscent of AA's new layout from the start of this year - an absolute mess. Moving to this tile based layout is really user unfriendly. AA's site infuriates me and it seems like Hyatt is going in the same direction.

Daftryan Nov 15, 2022 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw (Post 34761381)
I really hate it.

It's reminiscent of AA's new layout from the start of this year - an absolute mess. Moving to this tile based layout is really user unfriendly. AA's site infuriates me and it seems like Hyatt is going in the same direction.

Right? It also means several extra clicks/time to see what's a standard suite or premium suite. Really annoying.

dpb132 Nov 15, 2022 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Daftryan (Post 34761377)
Is anyone else seeing the new layout when you search for a hotel and then click into available rooms?.

Yes. It’s horrible.

dpb132 Nov 15, 2022 7:06 pm

Duplicate.

59Impala Nov 15, 2022 11:19 pm

no change in layout for me. using Chrome

sw1x Nov 16, 2022 4:56 am

no change using safari either

xooz Nov 16, 2022 7:04 am

Sometimes companies roll out new web products by deploying to a few servers and then routing a random portion of traffic to the servers with the new product. Allows them to see how it performs, minimizes impact if there are problems and allows easier backing out of the change if needed. Changes would not normally be browser specific.

fly2nrt Nov 16, 2022 12:09 pm

Atrocious. More clicks and a messier interface to get to the same information. 👎🏽

scubadu Nov 16, 2022 12:20 pm

Was not seeing this new layout this morning, but now I'm seeing it and I'm not lovin' it...

Wow... it's really obnoxious...

Regards

Daftryan Nov 16, 2022 3:20 pm

I mean the only thing I can think of is Hyatt is moving to dynamic pricing on points like IHG did, and this layout will make it easier to do so?? At least we can all agree it's AWFUL.

lAzyTraveler Nov 16, 2022 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by sw1x (Post 34762203)
no change using safari either

I see this on safari. :mad:

UA-NYC Nov 16, 2022 4:01 pm

Let’s see a screenshot!

scubadu Nov 16, 2022 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 34763830)
Let’s see a screenshot!

I'm too lazy for that, but if you try incognito/private mode on a couple browsers you will likely see it. You don't really notice it until you click on a specific property from the search results.

They are definitely A/B testing with it as I've been using private/incognito mode today and it goes back and forth between the old and the "new"

Regards

olouie Nov 16, 2022 5:31 pm

So so horrible. Please bring back something usable.