Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New layout when searching on hyatt's website

New layout when searching on hyatt's website

Old Nov 24, 22, 11:04 am

It’s so annoying that I just leave it and look for bookings with other hotel chains or AmEx FHR. Add this to lack of Globalist upgrades, effective week-long blackouts at popular hotels and still closed lounges and I’m beginning to move on from Hyatt.
Old Nov 24, 22, 11:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
I have the same feeling when GP became WoH somehow
Old Nov 24, 22, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA PPro, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JetAway View Post
Its so annoying that I just leave it and look for bookings with other hotel chains or AmEx FHR. Add this to lack of Globalist upgrades, effective week-long blackouts at popular hotels and still closed lounges and Im beginning to move on from Hyatt.
To each their own, but this almost seems like a cutting off ones nose to spite their face type post. This is a thread about the UI change and you are talking about pursuing Amex FHR instead? Seriously? I mean if you look up the definition of poor user interface design in the dictionary, one definition could be "Amex." The Amex FHR user interface literally sets the benchmark for horrendous and user unfriendly.

We continue to be generously upgraded, could care less about lounges (much prefer restaurant breakfasts anyhow, so would prefer lounges stay closed) and we continue to find award availability with some willingness to be flexible. Hyatt ain't perfect for sure, but they continue to treat us better than any other chain currently does.

Regards
MarkOK likes this.
Old Nov 24, 22, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu View Post
To each their own, but this almost seems like a cutting off ones nose to spite their face type post. This is a thread about the UI change and you are talking about pursuing Amex FHR instead? Seriously? I mean if you look up the definition of poor user interface design in the dictionary, one definition could be "Amex." The Amex FHR user interface literally sets the benchmark for horrendous and user unfriendly.

We continue to be generously upgraded, could care less about lounges (much prefer restaurant breakfasts anyhow, so would prefer lounges stay closed) and we continue to find award availability with some willingness to be flexible. Hyatt ain't perfect for sure, but they continue to treat us better than any other chain currently does.

Regards
Everyone has their own priorities as to how they spend their money. Yours are different from mine. No nose surgery involved.
Old Nov 25, 22, 8:16 am

Programs: AA PPro, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JetAway View Post
Everyone has their own priorities as to how they spend their money. Yours are different from mine. No nose surgery involved.
You are correct, everyone does have their own priorities. However, you decided to chime in on a thread that is specifically about Hyatt.com UI changes and then use it as an opportunity to complain about mostly things unrelated to the subject of the thread. You then implied because of said UI change it would drive you to Amex FHR, which almost anyone that has used that site would acknowledge is just a horrible UI, aruguably much worse than the Hyatt changes. That just doesn't make any logical sense, but hey, you do you.

Regards
Old Nov 25, 22, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by scubadu View Post
However, you decided to chime
Chiming in is what keeps FT alive. And I intend to continue doing so. Although for the sake of brevity, Ill avoid responding to your posts.
Old Nov 25, 22, 6:28 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler View Post

I sent the feedback from the link above and received the following answer:

Thank you for taking the time to provide recommendations regarding the updated version of our website. Your feedback will assist us in making the necessary improvements to our website. It is important to us that we provide a website that is both user-friendly and dependable.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt.

Best regards,
I don't think it's a done deal either. Please do send the feedback if you think the update is bad, it takes only a minute and if the product team hears from even just a few people, I think they'll reconsider.
Old Nov 26, 22, 7:42 pm

Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Just saw it and agreed with others that this is really awful. Wonder how much beta testing they did with Hyatt users before finalizing on design. With any change, it will take a bit getting use to. But this one may take longer.
Old Nov 27, 22, 7:23 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Too many clicks. And glitches galore. Click the Miniature arrows to see more photos and a new page opens for that room type. No easy way to see which suites are standard and which are premium without clicking each one for more details (or going back to the individual hotel's main page). Waste of time for those of us who like a lot of info, quickly. For the "twice a year traveler," these photo tiles may be more appealing. I've voiced my concerns, as well. Encourage you all to do the same.
Old Nov 27, 22, 8:43 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Interesting, when I search to make a new reservation, the new layout appears. If I want to modify a reservation, then the old layout appears. Same hotel in both cases.
Old Nov 28, 22, 6:45 pm

Programs: Soon to be free agent...
Searching for awards, and got the new layout. The property I was looking for didn't show me Cash&Points awards, when I was pretty sure they should be available. So I opened a private window, got the old layout and searched again....and the C&P awards showed up as expected. Just an FYI...you can't trust what you are seeing with the new look.
Old Nov 29, 22, 12:05 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by aabrock2187 View Post
Searching for awards, and got the new layout. The property I was looking for didn't show me Cash&Points awards, when I was pretty sure they should be available. So I opened a private window, got the old layout and searched again....and the C&P awards showed up as expected. Just an FYI...you can't trust what you are seeing with the new look.
are you certain you did not have a corporate code in the search entry? if so, P+C will not show. that's why, when opening an incognito window, you may have started a neutral search without any codes prepopulated.

Edit: yep, just tried so. still the case, that P+C will not show, when a corporate code is entered. It has nothing to do with an incognito window. Try again.

Last edited by 59Impala; Nov 29, 22 at 12:13 am
Old Nov 29, 22, 6:53 am

Programs: Soon to be free agent...
Ok I just didn't account for how user unfriendly this new design is; I have to click on the room type first before I can see whether there are C&P available for that room. Just been used to immediately seeing C&P options when the search completes. Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 22, 7:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Sometimes I think businesses (Hyatt, it this case) make things difficult so that the customer, upon finally finding an acceptable product, grabs it regardless of price or shortcomings rather than fight the interface any more. It's my conspiracy-theorist explanation for an otherwise inexplicable change. I mean, really, a business invested resources in making things more difficult for its customers?
Old Nov 29, 22, 7:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Mods please delete this (formerly) duplicate post.

The duplicate post issue has been reported in Alert Moderator error..

Last edited by serpens; Nov 29, 22 at 8:33 am Reason: duplicate post

Search this Thread