Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Does Hyatt have expansion plans for Singapore?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2022, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

There are currently two properties, but the GH is going through a renovation at the moment. Are there any plans to expand Hyatt’s footprint in Singapore, especially mid and low-tiers?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 4:44 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by lsquare
There are currently two properties, but the GH is going through a renovation at the moment. Are there any plans to expand Hyatt’s footprint in Singapore, especially mid and low-tiers?
There is nothing official in the pipeline, and as you said the current portfolio consists solely of the Grand Hyatt and Andaz. I can easily see Singapore having a Park Hyatt [a small city hotel or a resort on Sentosa], Thompson, Alila [Sentosa], Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Place, Caption and Unbound Collection properties [why the former Six Senses properties on Duxton and Maxwell Roads didn't go to Unbound is beyond me, especially given the owner's "anti-massive corporation" stance yet still signing them up with Marriott's Autograph Collection], and I've often questioned why there aren't plans to open more hotels.

If Marriott can have 14 hotels in Singapore, I want to see Hyatt make do with more than two.

khabah
Old Nov 1, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Accor Dia, Mar. Tit, QR Plat, SQ Gold
As a local staycationer, I was pretty used to staying at the Andaz for SGD$200 - 250ish over covid, but now it’s more like SGD$500 - 700ish, but thankfully still available on points.

My (hopefully unfounded) worry is that the GH will go up in category (and price) once it’s refurbished. I took a look at one of the renovated floors (photos below) just before it closed and it really is a huge improvement.

But yes, seeing that even at these obscene prices the Andaz is almost always at high occupancy (mostly affluent foreigners these days), Singapore is long overdue for a new Hyatt for us to throw our money/points at.

At least the Hyatt Place in Johor is opening next year for mattress runs… (assuming it’s on schedule).
Old Nov 1, 2022, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by McChicken
As a local staycationer, I was pretty used to staying at the Andaz for SGD$200 - 250ish over covid, but now it’s more like SGD$500 - 700ish, but thankfully still available on points.

My (hopefully unfounded) worry is that the GH will go up in category (and price) once it’s refurbished. I took a look at one of the renovated floors (photos below) just before it closed and it really is a huge improvement.

But yes, seeing that even at these obscene prices the Andaz is almost always at high occupancy (mostly affluent foreigners these days), Singapore is long overdue for a new Hyatt for us to throw our money/points at.

At least the Hyatt Place in Johor is opening next year for mattress runs… (assuming it’s on schedule).
Last week, the Andaz was going for a bit over S$800/night, which is insane. I ain't paying that even though thee Andaz is a very nice property.

Did you get a link to the HP opening in Johor?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 10:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Accor Dia, Mar. Tit, QR Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Last week, the Andaz was going for a bit over S$800/night, which is insane. I ain't paying that even though thee Andaz is a very nice property.

Did you get a link to the HP opening in Johor?
The HP is above Paradigm Mall JB, and being built together with a serviced apartment named Paradigm Residences, which just finished/is finishing construction. The Hyatt Place was heavily referenced in the marketing for Paradigm Residences (http://www.paradigmresidence.my/).

No opening date or any kind of update for the hotel since 2019 unfortunately, but a few drone videos do show construction looks almost done. (10:46 on this video:
)

hyupdates also still says 2023.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.