Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zero to Globalist in one stay

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by verfinder
It seems like they are already 52 nights in? If so, signing up for credit cards to apply to stay is impossible at this point.
Only if they’ve been charging the card on file periodically through the stay. If they haven’t you can absolutely change method of payment at checkout.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by CLEguy
Only if they’ve been charging the card on file periodically through the stay. If they haven’t you can absolutely change method of payment at checkout.
True, this may just be my experience but even when I request expedited shipping on new cards from chase they still take 10-14 days. If they got approved and the card sent out to the hotel in time it could've worked.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hawkinjohn
That would have been a good one, I believe the milestone awards max out at 100 nights so I would have achieved that one.
From watching the thread on that card, I'm not sure you have to have the card first.

But in any event, if you apply and get approved before checkout, that should do it. I don't believe you have to charge the stay to the card - you just have to have the card account.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
From watching the thread on that card, I'm not sure you have to have the card first.

But in any event, if you apply and get approved before checkout, that should do it. I don't believe you have to charge the stay to the card - you just have to have the card account.
You don’t need to charge the stay. OP just needs to be approved for it before they check out.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 9:19 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
More good news, I thought I saw something about the max being one year.
The Category 1-4 Free Night Award you would receive for the 30 night Milestone is only valid for 180 days and would expire in April 2023, not October 2023 as you were incorrectly told.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I guess the only issue now would be what to do with what I think will be too many awards to use before they expire.
You will receive two free night milestone awards, one at 30 and one at 60 nights. These must be used within 180 days from when you receive them.
The other milestone awards (suite upgrade awards, club lounge access awards) will expire 2/29/2024, when your Globalist status expires, so there is less time pressure for these.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
You don’t need to charge the stay. OP just needs to be approved for it before they check out.
so just by having a the buisness card added to your account you get the 2x EQN?
Old Sep 30, 2022, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by verfinder
It seems like they are already 52 nights in? If so, signing up for credit cards to apply to stay is impossible at this point.
The double elite nights on the business credit card apply retroactively and the stays don't need to be charged to the card.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Gunner14
The double elite nights on the business credit card apply retroactively and the stays don't need to be charged to the card.
oh really? I haven't been keeping up with the Buisness CC but thats neat. Well OP has a quite a bit of time to apply for it if they're within 5/24.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I might be jealous you are that irreplaceable. I've become old and expendable.

I think you will very much enjoy the Hyatt Globalist treatment. But, be warned it does not mean you are always and automatically promoted to the Presidential Suite every time you arrive.

I always thought the best part of having Globalist, and I may not next year, is access to the club. When I lived in hotels I got so tired of the same four walls of my room, and having to choose dinner every morning and night. I was actually relieved just to go to the club for a change of place, and having warm food waiting.

Be sure and use some of your point balance for a nice stay at the Grand Hyatt Kauai. Globalist will not get you a suite (maybe on the ground floor, but I don't like the ground floor) but almost certainly will get you a good view. Ask for 3rd to 6th floor.

Last edited by jayer; Oct 1, 2022 at 9:39 am
Old Sep 30, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skj
The Category 1-4 Free Night Award you would receive for the 30 night Milestone is only valid for 180 days and would expire in April 2023, not October 2023 as you were incorrectly told.
I have updated my post to reflect the correct information.

Apologies, I wrote that at 6am hadn’t slept all night was running on fumes.

Correct - The 30 night Milestone Category 1-4 Certificate is valid for 6 months from when this stay posts to your account.

There is a 5 brand Category 1-4 Certificate you get for staying at 5 different Hyatt Brands that one has a 1 year expiration.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Don’t listen to them.

Any property that has a maximum it only means you can literally only stay a maximum of 28 consecutive nights. If you’ve stayed 60 nights at the property everything will credit just fine.

Only exception to this is MGM as I believe you can stay for 2 months but their max is 14 nights for earning with them or Hyatt. That’s the only one.

You will earn all the credit and make sure you register for the double points promo as those will be nice.

One other way someone could go from 0 to Globalist with one stay is 20k Base Spend, so a high end property. One could easily achieve this in Vegas with hosting a large dinner
If they don't have a maximum stay, then it may mean you shouldn't be charged lodging sales tax on stays over 30 nights. That is often the breakpoint at which states consider your stay short term lodging or long term rental housing (which is usually not taxed).
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
If they don't have a maximum stay, then it may mean you shouldn't be charged lodging sales tax on stays over 30 nights. That is often the breakpoint at which states consider your stay short term lodging or long term rental housing (which is usually not taxed).
I think this may be false -

So only a few states have a “transient tax” basically meaning an extra tax specifically applied to short term stays (28-30 days or less varying by state).

I checked a property I frequent in Texas and here’s the results for 7, 27, and 56 nights as far as taxes.

As you can see no matter the length of stay the same taxes are applied. So it definitely would vary state to state.

I used to believe that a 30 day stay would yield no taxes until I actually checked for myself, and sadly got these results.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Interesting. We needed an AirBNB in MN for 25 days. Turns out it was cheaper to rent for a month as that made all the sales and lodging taxes disappear.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
Interesting. We needed an AirBNB in MN for 25 days. Turns out it was cheaper to rent for a month as that made all the sales and lodging taxes disappear.
Very odd -

I searched for Hyatt in Minneapolis and came up with the Hyatt Place Edina, MN. The taxes for 25 vs. 30 nights are the same tax rate, no difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.