Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Possibled to be checked in at 2 hotels at the same time?

Old Sep 17, 22, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

I'm not talking about 2 hotels for the same night. I will be staying 2 consecutive nights at 2 different hotels. For the 1st night if I'm doing the 4 pm check out, and I go check in to the 2nd hotel for the 2nd night, say at 1 pm. Will that be possible? Or do I have to check out at the 1st hotel first?
Old Sep 17, 22, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by gbdbld
I'm not talking about 2 hotels for the same night. I will be staying 2 consecutive nights at 2 different hotels. For the 1st night if I'm doing the 4 pm check out, and I go check in to the 2nd hotel for the 2nd night, say at 1 pm. Will that be possible? Or do I have to check out at the 1st hotel first?
I see absolutely no reason why that would be an issue, as long as there is availability for the early checkin at hotel #2, which is not guaranteed.
Old Sep 17, 22, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. The 2 hotels are within walking distance so thought I'd check in first, then pack and move the stuff over later.
Old Sep 17, 22, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Thanks. The 2 hotels are within walking distance so thought I'd check in first, then pack and move the stuff over later.
Just be careful that housekeepers don't see you leaving to go check in at the second hotel if you're carrying anything (tote bag, back pack, etc.) that could be someone's luggage. They can assume that you're leaving and enter your room, perhaps not noticing your belongings or assuming that you left stuff behind. (I've had this happen when I make two trips to my car with stuff as I'm checking out.)
Old Sep 17, 22, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Just did it this week in Chicago, no big deal
Old Sep 17, 22, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
This works.

David
Old Sep 18, 22, 9:29 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Why would they care unless ta hotel is oversold. It's like trying om clothes, where you hang more than one on a hook in the changing room.
Old Sep 18, 22, 10:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, United, Delta ex-status
If I am understanding it should work without issue. I don't think you will even have stay credit issues since there is no overnight overlap. But keep paper folios just in case there is.
Old Sep 18, 22, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
OP is simply changing hotels and using one to hold luggage/stuff until ready to move. There will be no problem.

David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.