Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Kotor Bay, Montenegro REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Kotor Bay, Montenegro REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 22, 2024, 9:23 am

Just take the bus, I did this journey last month, $30 for around 2hrs.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Does the bus drop you right off the hotel? Who runs it and do you have a link to the schedule? I arrive late. 2 hours seems long vs the 90 minutes by car

here is the transfer cost if arranged by the hotel:

compact (vw Passat etc.) 135 euros
luxury (Mercedes e class ) 165 euros
luxury van 200 euros.

anyone know of a reputable independent car service?
Old Jun 23, 2024, 1:59 am

Bus from where to where exactly? Is it a Flix Bus?
Old Jun 23, 2024, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by madderlake
Bus from where to where exactly? Is it a Flix Bus?
Dubrovnik to Kotor. Yes.
Old Jul 3, 2024, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Couple of comments on logistics since we just visited for a four night stay and since a lots of questions on this just came up:
1. Uber and Bolt will quote across the border trips on the app but won’t let you book when you try. We learned the hard way! We saw prices from Dubrovnik to Tivat (where we stopped for 2 nights prior to going to the Hyatt) but no one would accept the trip.
2. Bus travel is hands down the easiest way to get around between cities. There’s a bus station in Kotor about 15 minutes away from the Hyatt. Only place I would taxi to the Hyatt from is Tivat.
3. Our border crossing took around 20 minutes over into Montenegro from Croatia and about 30+ minutes back.
4. I would not recommend driving in Montenegro. The roads are tight and sometimes only allow one car to pass in certain areas.

Anyone have any specific questions, please let me know. I’ll also post some comments on our stay which was overall very good.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2024, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
Couple of comments on logistics since we just visited for a four night stay and since a lots of questions on this just came up:
1. Uber and Bolt will quote across the border trips on the app but won’t let you book when you try. We learned the hard way! We saw prices from Dubrovnik to Tivat (where we stopped for 2 nights prior to going to the Hyatt) but no one would accept the trip.
2. Bus travel is hands down the easiest way to get around between cities. There’s a bus station in Kotor about 15 minutes away from the Hyatt. Only place I would taxi to the Hyatt from is Tivat.
3. Our border crossing took around 20 minutes over into Montenegro from Croatia and about 30+ minutes back.
4. I would not recommend driving in Montenegro. The roads are tight and sometimes only allow one car to pass in certain areas.

Anyone have any specific questions, please let me know. I’ll also post some comments on our stay which was overall very good.
Thank you, great tips!

- Did you have any food poisoning at the Hyatt?
- Is the Hyatt still giving Globalists a complimentary evening reception?
- Any drinking water cleanliness issues?
- Does the Hyatt offer a shuttle to old town Kotor?
- How crowded was the property?
Old Jul 4, 2024, 7:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Also, would they provide as much bottled water as you like?
Old Jul 4, 2024, 10:16 am

iluvdoco

- The stomach issues were reported LAST year so not sure why you would stress over that. Reality is you can get sick anywhere at any time and I don’t think there was ever any confirmed issue of food poisoning at the Hyatt. Just because several people had issues doesn’t mean it was food poisoning and it could have been an intestinal bug that made the rounds which happens all over the place. We had NO issues at the Hyatt and no issues anywhere we stayed with intestinal issues.
- We generally do not drink tap water in countries outside of the US and Western Europe. Bottled water is provided daily in the room. There’s also a small store next to the resort that sells large cheaper bottles of water if you need more than is provided in the room.
- There was a Hyatt Elite reception we got a flyer invite to but we did not go.
- There is no Hyatt shuttle to Kotor. There is a local bus that runs past the hotel and it’s Euro 1.50 but the schedule is very hit and miss and not punctual. We took a taxi to Kotor for dinner but please be advised you should order those about 15-20 minutes before you want it.
- The property seemed busy but we never felt like it was mobbed or overcrowded. On one morning they did use the second overflow breakfast room because the main room was full but that’s it.
SanDiego1K and iluvdoco like this.
Old Jul 4, 2024, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
Also, would they provide as much bottled water as you like?
I doubt it. Would any resort do this? I’ve never heard of such a thing unless you’re staying at an all inclusive place. Do places in Thousand Oaks give away free unlimited bottled water? It costs them money too.

At the beach, pool and in restaurants you of course have to pay for it. If you need more water, there’s the City Market next door to the resort or the small market area in the Hyatt just off the reception that sells water.

Last edited by christianj; Jul 4, 2024 at 10:29 am
Old Jul 4, 2024, 1:42 pm

iluvdoco

- The stomach issues were reported LAST year so not sure why you would stress over that. Reality is you can get sick anywhere at any time and I don’t think there was ever any confirmed issue of food poisoning at the Hyatt. Just because several people had issues doesn’t mean it was food poisoning and it could have been an intestinal bug that made the rounds which happens all over the place. We had NO issues at the Hyatt and no issues anywhere we stayed with intestinal issues.
- We generally do not drink tap water in countries outside of the US and Western Europe. Bottled water is provided daily in the room. There’s also a small store next to the resort that sells large cheaper bottles of water if you need more than is provided in the room.
- There was a Hyatt Elite reception we got a flyer invite to but we did not go.
- There is no Hyatt shuttle to Kotor. There is a local bus that runs past the hotel and it’s Euro 1.50 but the schedule is very hit and miss and not punctual. We took a taxi to Kotor for dinner but please be advised you should order those about 15-20 minutes before you want it.
- The property seemed busy but we never felt like it was mobbed or overcrowded. On one morning they did use the second overflow breakfast room because the main room was full but that’s it.
It's a fair question! There have been reports of food poisoning at other hotels in Kotor.

Thank you for the detailed answers.

I doubt it. Would any resort do this? I’ve never heard of such a thing unless you’re staying at an all inclusive place. Do places in Thousand Oaks give away free unlimited bottled water? It costs them money too.

At the beach, pool and in restaurants you of course have to pay for it. If you need more water, there’s the City Market next door to the resort or the small market area in the Hyatt just off the reception that sells water.
Not resorts, but Hyatts with lounges essentially have unlimited bottled water available for guests.
Old Jul 4, 2024, 4:35 pm

iluvdoco We heard no rumors of stomach issues anywhere and as I stated we also didn’t have any issues. Could it happen? Sure when there’s lots of people then norovirus or something can spread but that’s certainly everywhere. I also think that sometimes people eat like pigs while on vacation (especially at breakfast when it’s free) and don’t pay attention to things. I for one don’t eat raw things in a US restaurants unknown to me (I would eat them at home where I know how they’ve been prepared or at restaurants I frequent regularly) so I’m certainly not going to eat them on my travels. I also think it makes sense to stick to local things that don’t need to be flown in or frozen. For example, I’m not going to eat a schnitzel or non-local cuisine items in southern or Eastern Europe….im going to eat local fish and things that the restaurant likely gets fresh daily.

As for the unlimited water, as you said….this is a resort without a Regency Club so there’s no free gab all you want refrigerator. I personally found the prices for water reasonable and the store next door had big bottles cheaper than they are sold for in the US.

Last edited by christianj; Jul 4, 2024 at 4:55 pm
Old Jul 4, 2024, 6:21 pm

I doubt it. Would any resort do this? Iíve never heard of such a thing unless youíre staying at an all inclusive place. Do places in Thousand Oaks give away free unlimited bottled water?
Actually, they did got me when I was there. (Westlake Village). And here at the Andaz 5th Ave. and I often ask for 4 extra (6 total). Often granted.
Old Jul 5, 2024, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
Actually, they did got me when I was there. (Westlake Village). And here at the Andaz 5th Ave. and I often ask for 4 extra (6 total). Often granted.
Sorry but why even ask the question then? Just wait till you get there and ask like you seem to do and if you get it then great. I just wouldn’t expect it…but I guess that’s just me. I wouldn’t even ask since it’s for sale at a reasonable cost at the market next door.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.