Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for Globalist Mattress Run

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions for Globalist Mattress Run

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Question Suggestions for Globalist Mattress Run

I am 10 nights shy of Globalist and I want to finish my 60 nights ASAP. Looking for suggestions for late summer/early fall mattress runs. I am fine with either Cat 1-2 with points or points and cash at $100 daily. This year I have found some great extended stay rates at around $100 at HyattCentrics, but can't find anything now. I'd prefer not to be stuck in suburban Hyatt Places with no public transport. Looking forward to your suggestions.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:59 pm

If you are already globalist, it's hard to beat the Las Vegas runs (Excalibur/Luxor if you're ok with those or go up a tier or two for a moderate price). Otherwise, I don't think there's necessarily a go to spot, just depends on various factors and seasonality.

There was a wide availability earlier this month for HR Atlanta off peak at just 6.5k points. Not sure if that's still true heading into August.
If you can leave the country, HP Los Cabos, HH Mexico City, and HP Panama City are all cat 1s and often sub $100 cash rates.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Or $25000 on your Hyatt credit card, you can pay estimated income tax for 2%. This works out much cheaper than a mattress run.
As projectmaximus says, Excalibur can be dirt cheap Sunday through Thursday night if you are Globalist and don't have to pay the resort fee.

Here's the mattress run thread -
Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Here's an easy way to see all of the category 1 hotels.
Complete Map of World of Hyatt Hotels (July 2022)
Old Jul 27, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
If you are already globalist, it's hard to beat the Las Vegas runs (Excalibur/Luxor if you're ok with those or go up a tier or two for a moderate price). Otherwise, I don't think there's necessarily a go to spot, just depends on various factors and seasonality.

There was a wide availability earlier this month for HR Atlanta off peak at just 6.5k points. Not sure if that's still true heading into August.
If you can leave the country, HP Los Cabos, HH Mexico City, and HP Panama City are all cat 1s and often sub $100 cash rates.
HP Panama City has been closed since March 2020. Supposedly re-opening Nov. 15, but they've been saying that since Dec. 2020.

As for the OP, curious as to why the rush?
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by js1993
HP Panama City has been closed since March 2020. Supposedly re-opening Nov. 15, but they've been saying that since Dec. 2020.

As for the OP, curious as to why the rush?
Maybe in my same boat: only ten nights so far, but as I have re-qualified for diamond at Hilton, and got a corporate challenge to diamond at IHG, I can concentrate on WoH for the rest of the year. I'll have 12 nights at the Walper in Kitchener ON next month so that's a good boost to hitting the 60 nights again. Hyatt's thin coverage vs the others has worked against me this year; wasn't a problem in 2021 but my travel varies greatly y/o/y.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:06 pm

Chicago suburbs have a couple of very respectable cat 1s. Thinking of HR Deerfield and HH Oak Brook in particular. 10 nights for ~50k points is hard to beat in your current situation. Unfortunately, both would fall into the poor walkability bucket. That said, Chicago-land has a robust passenger rail system, so if you are able to get to a local train station you have a lot of options.

To jbeckett's point, if spending for the night credits is in play than Plastiq is a useful service for general bill pay you typically can't do with a CC. 2.85% fee and if you value Hyatt points at say 2 cents (conservative recently), that delta gets pretty small.
travelingdrsuz likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
Texas if you can stand the heat. Both Houston and Dallas have some decent Cat 1 and 2s with sub 100 nights. Transport could be an issue, but that also depends on which ones you choose. Also agree on Chicago suburbs.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The cheapest way to pick up Hyatt nights is almost always to arrive on a Sunday into Vegas and do Excalibur until Friday. Move to a Cat 2 HP for the weekend, then back to the Excalibur on Sunday night... (especially if you can get the resort fees waived)

It's just a matter of picking a cheap week that fits your schedule...
JoeWoodstock likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by travelingdrsuz
Texas if you can stand the heat. Both Houston and Dallas have some decent Cat 1 and 2s with sub 100 nights. Transport could be an issue, but that also depends on which ones you choose. Also agree on Chicago suburbs.
this is true i have a 14 day stay in september at HP energy corridor in Houston. Its not really a mattress run since i need to be there for work but my rate is about $65 a night. Pretty good i would say.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:27 am

ATL area has a number of Cat 1 hotels. I have toyed with a 10 day off peak point booking for 35K points. For me, I would squander 35K points for Globalist I think, particularly if that gets me the Cat7 award bonus for 60 nights as a way to make me whole.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:24 am

One can go rustic and grab a (virtual) tent and go camping on the west coast…
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:39 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Is there a good reason you want it ASAP? I expect that we'll see some sort of promotion in the next five months that we don't know about yet that will make it more lucrative for a 10 night mattress run than it is currently. In the 10 cities (including oft mentioned Chicago area) you could at least get 1,000 AA miles every two nights if you're willing to switch hotels with this promotion.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
The cheapest way to pick up Hyatt nights is almost always to arrive on a Sunday into Vegas and do Excalibur until Friday. Move to a Cat 2 HP for the weekend, then back to the Excalibur on Sunday night... (especially if you can get the resort fees waived)

It's just a matter of picking a cheap week that fits your schedule...
The 2 Las Vegas Hyatt place are now Cat 3 and are usually 15,000 points a night on the weekend. In another thread someone did a MGM Resorts brand BRG and is paying approximately $13 a night for a 5 night stay. I submitted a MGM Resorts BRG about 5 days ago with no response from them so far. Bottom line 2 $45 total cost five night stay with resort fee waived is as inexpensive as it gets and even better if you do it while Hyatt has a system wide promo which I hope one will start soon.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Where you trying to go or what's the main goal? Stay as close to Virginia as possible? Spend the least possible? There's some super cheat Hyatt options in Turkey, Mexico, Brazil, Colombia...
Old Aug 1, 2022, 7:17 pm

Can you book 2 rooms and get 2 night per night?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.