FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   New all inclusives in Mexico (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2087717-new-all-inclusives-mexico.html)

reubenfairbird Jul 20, 2022 9:27 am

New all inclusives in Mexico

Checking to see if there’s been any stays and reviews on Zoetry Riviera Maya? We have an upcoming stay end of November for 7 nights. tia

MasterPlanner Jul 20, 2022 11:27 am

Originally Posted by reubenfairbird (Post 34442320)
Checking to see if there’s been any stays and reviews on Zoetry Riviera Maya? We have an upcoming stay end of November for 7 nights. tia

Actually stayed there a few years ago (i.e. pre-WOH alignment). It was quite nice but recall that pool chair availability was a bit of a premium...

Charlie9 Jul 20, 2022 11:58 am

We want to do an all-inclusive next February for 3-4 days. Have never done one before.

Zoetry Riviera Maya was our original choice, and I even booked it. Zoetry seems more up our alley (40 years old but not the party-party type) and using a TSU appeared to get a plunge pool (wife loves those). However, going through the last 20-30 reviews on Tripadvisor (which I realize isn't the greatest source) left me underwhelmed. I get the impression rooms are a bit dated, and maybe since this property is smaller, they don't have economy of scale to ramp back up from the pandemic. We canceled, and are going to Secrets Maroma.

Having been trying to apply a TSU at Maroma for over a week now, and it isn't going smoothly thus far. I imagine such a new process has some kinks to work out.

myperks Jul 20, 2022 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Charlie9 (Post 34442769)
We want to do an all-inclusive next February for 3-4 days. Have never done one before.

Zoetry Riviera Maya was our original choice, and I even booked it. Zoetry seems more up our alley (40 years old but not the party-party type) and using a TSU appeared to get a plunge pool (wife loves those). However, going through the last 20-30 reviews on Tripadvisor (which I realize isn't the greatest source) left me underwhelmed. I get the impression rooms are a bit dated, and maybe since this property is smaller, they don't have economy of scale to ramp back up from the pandemic. We canceled, and are going to Secrets Maroma.

Having been trying to apply a TSU at Maroma for over a week now, and it isn't going smoothly thus far. I imagine such a new process has some kinks to work out.

the newest one (opened April 2022) is Secrets Moxché but closer to PDC (so longer ride from Cancun airport). A very good resort with a big lagoon pool (in addition to many other pools and hotel made cenotes), however a TSU does not get you into a plunge pool room. A majority of the rooms do have balcony tubs though. By next February, Secrets Impressions on the same property will be open but more exclusive and have use of everything on standard Moxché property.

lowfareair Jul 20, 2022 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by myperks (Post 34442929)
the newest one (opened April 2022) is Secrets Moxché but closer to PDC (so longer ride from Cancun airport). A very good resort with a big lagoon pool (in addition to many other pools and hotel made cenotes), however a TSU does not get you into a plunge pool room. A majority of the rooms do have balcony tubs though. By next February, Secrets Impressions on the same property will be open but more exclusive and have use of everything on standard Moxché property.

Any opinions on which Secrets to do for a couple nights? Staying 2 nights at the TRS Coral as part of a wedding preview package in October and want to do another 2 nights somewhere with points. Options we've narrowed down (all 21k/night for the base room, don't think the upgraded rooms are worth it for a 2 night stay):
  • Secrets Playa Mujeres: Literally right next door, but seems to be a bit of a step down from some other Secrets and a lot of the amenities are over at Dreams (we prefer adults-only)
  • Secrets The Vine: Not opposed to it, but generally prefer more 'sprawling' resorts vs the towers throughout Cancun
  • Secrets Riviera Cancun: Biggest pros are that the standard room is a Preferred Club and get full access to Breathless next door if we want to have more of a party atmosphere, then can come back to the more tranquil Secrets
  • Secrets Moxche: Looks fantastic and I like the jungly theme, but would be another 80 minutes additional travel time compared to just staying at PM (the other options are only 15-20 minutes more)
Zoetry is likely out as it seems a little too calm for us (we like a nice mix of light partying and relax)

dknn Jul 20, 2022 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by lowfareair (Post 34443186)
Any opinions on which Secrets to do for a couple nights? Staying 2 nights at the TRS Coral as part of a wedding preview package in October and want to do another 2 nights somewhere with points. Options we've narrowed down (all 21k/night for the base room, don't think the upgraded rooms are worth it for a 2 night stay):
  • Secrets Playa Mujeres: Literally right next door, but seems to be a bit of a step down from some other Secrets and a lot of the amenities are over at Dreams (we prefer adults-only)
  • Secrets The Vine: Not opposed to it, but generally prefer more 'sprawling' resorts vs the towers throughout Cancun
  • Secrets Riviera Cancun: Biggest pros are that the standard room is a Preferred Club and get full access to Breathless next door if we want to have more of a party atmosphere, then can come back to the more tranquil Secrets
  • Secrets Moxche: Looks fantastic and I like the jungly theme, but would be another 80 minutes additional travel time compared to just staying at PM (the other options are only 15-20 minutes more)
Zoetry is likely out as it seems a little too calm for us (we like a nice mix of light partying and relax)

I've stayed at almost all the places you named including TRS Coral
1. Secrets Playa - the worst Secrets I've stayed at, from food to service. I would avoid. If you want to stay in PM - my favorite is Atelier.
2. STV - I liked how compact and everything is so close, though it reminded me more of a regular hotel than a resort
4. Moxche - just got back over July 4th. I would recommend it here. There were no issues with getting chairs and as a Globalist, I was upgraded to preferred club. There are so many different pools and never felt crowded. I did find the selection of alcohol to be poor. Plus it wasn't too far from the airport, from pickup from the resort to the airport gate was 55 mins.

lowfareair Jul 20, 2022 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by dknn (Post 34443242)
1. Secrets Playa - the worst Secrets I've stayed at, from food to service. I would avoid. If you want to stay in PM - my favorite is Atelier.
2. STV - I liked how compact and everything is so close, though it reminded me more of a regular hotel than a resort
4. Moxche - just got back over July 4th. I would recommend it here. There were no issues with getting chairs and as a Globalist, I was upgraded to preferred club. There are so many different pools and never felt crowded. I did find the selection of alcohol to be poor. Plus it wasn't too far from the airport, from pickup from the resort to the airport gate was 55 mins.

Thanks - leaning towards Moxche, just the extra 80-90 minutes of being shuttled around is a bit of a turnoff. Not Glob so I don't anticipate anything other than a minor upgrade.

We prefer to use Hyatt points as the value is definitely there. I'll avoid Secrets PM and look at Moxche, although Riviera is really appealing to me given the Breathless association if we do decide to be in a party mood and the Preferred Club upgrade.

myperks Jul 20, 2022 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by lowfareair (Post 34443186)

we stayed at a dreams, a secrets, and a Hilton this trip. Hands down the Secrets Moxché was the best of the 3. Dreams was decent but overrun with kids and the Hilton Tapestry in PDC, so probably not a good comparison since the tapestry is a boutique AI.

being the Moxché was new, I think everything appeared to be in order, the restaurants were decent for an AI with outdoor seating at all restaurants (if that’s your thing). The lagoon pool, the lap pool, and the infinity pools were amazing and the 3 cenotes “hot tubs” were nice as well. If you get preferred club, the roof top infinity pool has spectacular views and decent food. There is definitely a mix of everything to offer at Moxché including nightly entertainment of shows in their indoor theatre. The bar/nightclub is a decent place to hang out every night though if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room not right in the vicinity of the two-story “club”. It’s spread out enough that you won’t feel to cluttered even though the buildings are 7-8 stories tall.

having said that, I probably won’t go to Moxché (or PDC) from Playa Mujeres for 2 nights only. It’s quite a drive from Cancun. We did 3 nights at dreams and 3 nights at Moxché (for the current 3 night AI rebate) and 2 nights in PDC.

download the AMR collection app and you can preview each property’s dining options and menus, entertainment, and other useful information.

wrp96 Jul 20, 2022 3:42 pm

I've stayed several times at Secrets Riviera Maya in the last couple of years. I like the property itself but there were definitely certain things that needed repairs, like the pool walls and floors, and decking. Most of the staff that we loved when we visited is no longer there. Having access to the Breathless side for some entertainment and food was nice, especially having the opportunity to go back to the Secrets side when it was time to wind down. The higher end alcohols are only available on the Secrets side, and even there they were frequently out of some (may have been COVID supply chain issues though). We loved that after the first day, the pool concierge would know what our preferences were and would have our chairs already setup for us.

Edited to add that the beach there is not great. Due to its location in relation to the reef, there is a large sargasso problem. They had somebody on the beach constantly cleaning it off, but just can't keep up.

Buckeye2604 Jul 20, 2022 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Charlie9 (Post 34442769)

Good choice. Maroma is great and is supposed to be the flagship secrets. Its also IMO the best beach in Riviera Maya.
Secrets Akumal is another that is similar in quality.

Buckeye2604 Jul 20, 2022 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by dknn (Post 34443242)

I didn’t get any recognition at all as a Globalist @ Moxche. Was there on the 4th too. :( Besides that I think Secrets Moxche is a couple years away from being in top form. Just need the vegetation to mature (it’s not a lush jungle feel at all as another poster described above, for that go to Akumal or Maroma), construction completed and better integration with WOH.

creativeguess1 Jul 21, 2022 7:54 am

Dreams Los Cabos? Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?

my favorite in Cabo is the Thompson, then Ziva, then the HP 😃
looking forward to trying the “new” 7 added to the portfolio.

trying Dreams Los Cabos for a birthday in October. Any feedback for recent travels?

Cheers!

Soriak Jul 21, 2022 11:57 pm

I have an upcoming trip to the Thompson in Cabo. Used a suite upgrade certificate for a Thompson Suite. Although I would have liked a room with a plunge pool, they were all gone when I made the booking. Very, very good redemption value: 25k points per night + upgrade certificate for a room that retails for about $1,000/night.

NDtraveler Sep 21, 2022 8:36 am

Looking for some advice on which resort to stay at....

Mid November for 3 nights just my partner and I leaving the kids at home. We would arrive around noon and fly out at 5 so late checkout is a huge plus.

We want decent food and alcohol options but don't need something super high end. I thought about the Andaz but seems they don't treat globalists well.

We really wanted to do St Kitts, but flight options aren't great and super expensive.
Thanks!

Troopers Sep 29, 2022 11:50 am

Originally Posted by creativeguess1 (Post 34445101)
Dreams Los Cabos? Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?

my favorite in Cabo is the Thompson, then Ziva, then the HP 😃
looking forward to trying the “new” 7 added to the portfolio.

trying Dreams Los Cabos for a birthday in October. Any feedback for recent travels?

Cheers!

Please report back on your stay.

My buddies and I are heading to Cabo for a golf trip in April. We're looking at one of the new Hyatt portfolio AIs.