Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

American Airlines 1000 bonus miles for two nights @ Hyatt select cities

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Airlines 1000 bonus miles for two nights @ Hyatt select cities

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:07 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

American Airlines 1000 bonus miles for stay of two nights @ Hyatt select cities

If this hasn't already been posted this may be of interest to some
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...op-cities.html
IntlSalesGuy likes this.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jul 11, 2022 at 12:14 am
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Thanks. Have a 4 night stay at one of the participating properties starting Monday and had not seen the promo.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dbuckho
Thanks. Have a 4 night stay at one of the participating properties starting Monday and had not seen the promo.
Sweet hopefully others can get some mileage out of it
I've also opened an inquiry with Hyatt if award stays can count or a combination of a revenue night and an award night
The few agents I spoke with had opposite opinions one stating this is a revenue nights only promotion but a manager disagreed
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks!

although I already registered, I forgot but happy for the reminder as I have 1,000 points coming.

Last edited by beachfan; Jul 9, 2022 at 8:36 pm
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Was reported in the general promo thread last month.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34333708-post1385.html
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The terms of the offer say that you have to pay an eligible rate.

The WoH terms specifically define award nights as an ineligible rate. So I would not expect to earn the miles.

Ineligible Rates” are all rates other than Eligible Rates and include Free Night Awards
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
The terms of the offer say that you have to pay an eligible rate.

The WoH terms specifically define award nights as an ineligible rate. So I would not expect to earn the miles.

Ineligible Rates” are all rates other than Eligible Rates and include Free Night Awards
I have a PRIVE stay in August, I'm guessing that counts? Happy little coincidence.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I have a PRIVE stay in August, I'm guessing that counts? Happy little coincidence.
Privé stays are definitely eligible rates.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

From my brilliant contact @ Hyatt (Thank You) for the further clarification

"An “Eligible Rate” is defined as any room rate for a participating hotel, resort, or other property that is published by Hyatt (including rates found on hyatt.com without the application of a discount code, and Hyatt’s “Standard Rate,” “Volume Account Rates,” “Senior Citizen Rate,” Hyatt Privé rate, and the monetary portion of any Points + Cash Award (as defined in Appendix B), but excluding rates published by ALG Vacations (defined below) unless Hyatt expressly indicates otherwise) or, for Miraval properties, published by Miraval. A portion of an Eligible Rate may reflect taxes, service charges, gratuities, and third-party charges for certain included items, and those costs may not be eligible for points. “Ineligible Rates” are all rates other than Eligible Rates and include Free Night Awards (as defined in Appendix B), complimentary nights awarded in connection with Miraval’s Authentic Circle program, rooms booked on third-party online retailers (such as Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline.com, Tripadvisor.com, Inspirato.com, home-sharing sites, or any other third-party online/mobile travel portal or bookings made directly on Google.com and TripAdvisor Instant Book), traditional wholesale rates (examples include, without limitation, GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, Tourico, and Hotelbeds), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, media rates, Club at the Hyatt discount stays, Hyatt employee or employee family or friends-and-family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers, or contracted rooms. (A “contracted room” is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel or resort and a corporation, government agency, or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time.) Unless otherwise expressly indicated by Hyatt in writing, any rate offered by Apple Vacations, FunJet Vacations, Travel Impressions, Cheap Caribbean, Beachbound, Southwest Vacations, Blue Sky Tours Hawaii, and United Vacations or any other entity operated by Apple Leisure Group as part of its ALG Vacations business line (“ALG Vacations”) is also an Ineligible Rate. Ineligible Rates also include (i) any night stayed at a Vacation Ownership Property pursuant to a Member’s ownership interest in such property or any night stayed at a Miraval villa or Destination by Hyatt Residences property pursuant to the Member’s or a third party’s ownership interest in such property (i.e., nights for which the Member does not pay an Eligible Rate as defined above) and (ii) any villa or residence rented (or occupied via authorization from the owner) at a Point Property except for nights where a Member rents the villa or residence directly from Hyatt through hyatt.com and pays an Eligible Rate. If you are booking through a travel agent or other third party and do not know if you are booking an Eligible Rate, please ask your travel agent or the third party about the type of booking (s)he is making for you and type of rate to be paid. Points awarded for stays at a Point Property outside the U.S. are based on local currency converted to U.S. dollars."

To summarize, using your points or free night awards would not count toward this promotion.
You can however do Points + Cash and it will count toward the promotion

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jul 10, 2022 at 12:11 pm
Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I would change title of this thread to “two stays” instead of “two nights” as it’s misleading. I’d interpret that as 8 nights = 4k points when that’s not the case.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
"An “Eligible Rate” is ..
This is right from the T&C on the Hyatt website (literally copied and pasted)

One thing that I really like about Hyatt is that their terms are always very clear and leave no room for interpretation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.