Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Numu, San Miguel de Allende (Unbound Collection) REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Numu, San Miguel de Allende (Unbound Collection) REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 18, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Daftryan
Looks like rooms are now bookable from February 1, so they really are anticipating an opening at the end of January. Until recently, you could only book rooms from April, even though the website said they'd be open in November, and more recently January.

Btw, someone on a Hyatt Facebook group said that Hyatt Consumer Affairs reached out to her because she snagged a room when this hotel was mistakenly listed as a Category 1. She said they offered to let the first of her four nights be as is at 5k points, but she'd have to cough up the remaining points (60k total) for the remaining 3 nights.

So, if you're thinking you got an incredible deal, be ready to be treated the same way by Hyatt as the Andaz Mexico City vultures.
That’s horrible and inconsistent. They really should honor the rate accepted when published. Numu was also officially on the category 1 page when it first debuted.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 10:09 pm

I am in the middle of a nightmare scenario. I am having a hard time dealing with Hyatt rebooking my Numu reservations at another hotel for December/January.

Hyatt Consumer Affairs contacted me in September about the hotel not opening in time and offered me to be reaccommodated at Live Aqua at no cost, to which I agreed to over the phone and also in writing.

I still have not gotten the new booking confirmations even though they canceled my reservations in October.

I figured I still had time and that Hyatt has had good customer service so far, so I didn’t follow up on these dates that needed to be rebooked until a couple days ago.

I just got a response where they acknowledged that the reservations were canceled BUT it’s now “too late” for them to rebook me at Live Aqua since the lists are closed.

It sounds like Hyatt dropped the ball and overlooked my reservations that needed to be rebooked. And are offering NO ALTERNATIVE, just a tepid “apology.”

My family and I have had our flights booked for months and also taken time off work etc for this trip.

Dealing with Hyatt has been super difficult and customer service has declined significantly. How would you approach this situation?

Last edited by lifeisart; Nov 21, 2022 at 10:49 pm
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lifeisart
I am in the middle of a nightmare scenario. I am having a hard time dealing with Hyatt rebooking my Numu reservations at another hotel for December/January.

Hyatt Consumer Affairs contacted me in September about the hotel not opening in time and offered me to be reaccommodated at Live Aqua at no cost, to which I agreed to over the phone and also in writing.

I still have not gotten the new booking confirmations even though they canceled my reservations in October.

I figured I still had time and that Hyatt has had good customer service so far, so I didn’t follow up on these dates that needed to be rebooked until a couple days ago.

I just got a response where they acknowledged that the reservations were canceled BUT it’s now “too late” for them to rebook me at Live Aqua since the lists are closed.

It sounds like Hyatt dropped the ball and overlooked my reservations that needed to be rebooked. And are offering NO ALTERNATIVE, just a tepid “apology.”

My family and I have had our flights booked for months and also taken time off work etc for this trip.

Dealing with Hyatt has been super difficult and customer service has declined significantly. How would you approach this situation?
What does it mean the " lists are closed"? I know SMA well.... though not ideal...if you need an alternative hotel let me know and I can suggest some based on your budget. Big Chain hotels are not too common in town and only recently have begun to make an appearance. ( Rosewood, Belmond, and Live Aqua being the exception)
Old Nov 22, 2022, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by david55
What does it mean the " lists are closed"? I know SMA well.... though not ideal...if you need an alternative hotel let me know and I can suggest some based on your budget. Big Chain hotels are not too common in town and only recently have begun to make an appearance. ( Rosewood, Belmond, and Live Aqua being the exception)
It means they won’t book anymore people into Live Aqua. This said, I had a more promising response from Hyatt today so hoping that things will work out.

Thank you very much for your help. I’ll let you know if I need some advice about SMA.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lifeisart
It means they won’t book anymore people into Live Aqua. This said, I had a more promising response from Hyatt today so hoping that things will work out.

Thank you very much for your help. I’ll let you know if I need some advice about SMA.
More promising how? Numu will actually open? They will put you in Live Aqua? They will offer compensation? Share the deets!
Old Dec 7, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

Just passed by the property last week & it looks quite finished & it’s just in front of the Rosewood entrance. Nice neighborhood.

The Aqua was a fantastic property & we enjoyed it a lot! Much more spacious aerea than the Numu….
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Opening date was supposed to be today. Website just updated to February 1st. Let's see what happens.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 5:38 am

Opening date was supposed to be today. Website just updated to February 1st. Let's see what happens.
There are pictures of the property on Twitter if you search for "numu" and sort by latest. Also, there are updated room pics, but those only show on Tripadvisor as of yesterday.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 5:52 am

Posted the query on my San Miguel forum.... numerous responses...this one is the best: Talked with the GM Wednesday and yes? Opening February 1. It is going to be lovely
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by david55
Posted the query on my San Miguel forum.... numerous responses...this one is the best: Talked with the GM Wednesday and yes? Opening February 1. It is going to be lovely
Oooh where can I find said forum?
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:57 pm

Oooh where can I find said forum?
One of many but probably the best on Facebook: San Miguel de Allende Civil List ( newcomers encouraged)
Old Feb 1, 2023, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Looks like they opened today and also got rid of the ability to book a suite using points. They also removed the "This is a Standard Suite" language from the Master Suite room. I'm on hold with Hyatt seeing if SUAs are applicable here. Annoying games continue...
Old Mar 2, 2023, 9:24 am

Stayed here on a nice point redemption (booked a suite for 8k points, when the hotel was first announced).
San Miguel allende is a beautiful old town, this hotel is very modern. The suite was nice, but just a larger room, no seperate living/sleeping space (which is how it looked on the renderings). I liked the looks.
I found the service friendly, but not that capable. The restaurant doesn't have a soul IMO and has outdoor seating only. So early breakfast is very chilly.
Given the rackrate: for same money you can sleep in Live Aqua, or 200 bucks more in Belmond. Both are currently better options IMO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.