Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Resort Fee Waiver - what are "eligible rates"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: I want to be free! Free!

title says it all.. have a stay at the an HR resort property. Just want to be prepared for the inevitable debate with the FD about the useless resort fee and whether I have grounds to get it waived.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
As a globalist, I don't believe you would be ever charged, if you are paying for it yourself and booked through a direct channel or traditional TA.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pWei
As a globalist, I don't believe you would be ever charged, if you are paying for it yourself and booked through a direct channel or traditional TA.
Booked directly through hyatt - thanks, good info.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:36 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Booked directly through hyatt - thanks, good info.
If you booked via Hyatt your email confirmation should say something like ...

"Rate is eligible to earn points and tier credit."

That indicates it's an eligible rate for all Glob benes ...
dpb132 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just want to be prepared for the inevitable debate with the FD about the useless resort fee and whether I have grounds to get it waived.
Inevitable debate? Don't think I've never had to argue as a Globalist . . . most of the time it's removed prior to checkout, in those instances when it's not, a reminder at check-out has resulted in apology and removal.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:00 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Kacee
Inevitable debate? Don't think I've never had to argue as a Globalist . . . most of the time it's removed prior to checkout, in those instances when it's not, a reminder at check-out has resulted in apology and removal.

unfortunately back again in Switzerland. Checked out of Mission Pacific yesterday and had to have the destination fees removed from both rooms. FDA said he would „exceptionally remove“, as my corp rate „was not eligible for destination fee waiver“. It is an eligible rate, told him that, but did not want to further discuss.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Kacee - fair enough. Maybe I'm just scorched by a decade of disappointment with Marriott and scraping tooth and nail. This is my first year as a globalist and experience has been mixed on these things. Breakfast automatically free at some places, needed to have it removed at others. Upgrades have seemed relatively weak, etc.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Precisely - this is why many of us here have abandoned Marriott in disgust (not like they would ever remove a resort fee anyway)
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
With the switch over to globalist a few years ago there were definitely a few times where I needed to contact the FD to have it removed or ask my concierge about it after the fast. Over the last year or two I think I've only need to do it once or twice, it's been pretty consistent.

The only place I can remember "arguing" with a front desk about the resort fee was Andaz Mayakoba. I gave up and just emailed the concierge later to have it adjusted.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

As a post-mortem to this, when I checked my bill for mobile checkout it was a hodgepodge. Some breakfasts charged, daily resort fee on there. I had to run out and was going to call in to get it cleared up, but when I received my final bill all of the breakfast charges and resort fees had been taken off.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
As a post-mortem to this, when I checked my bill for mobile checkout it was a hodgepodge. Some breakfasts charged, daily resort fee on there. I had to run out and was going to call in to get it cleared up, but when I received my final bill all of the breakfast charges and resort fees had been taken off.
From my experience you’ll usually see Breakfast and fees the day of checkout then within an hour to 24 hours after checkout a Front Office Manager removes what shouldn’t be there. This is one reason Hyatt doesn’t post your points for 24-48 hours to give properties the time to ensure everything is correct.

I believe if you requalify in 2023 upgrades should be much better as the number of Globalists drops by the thousands.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Matt4200
From my experience you’ll usually see Breakfast and fees the day of checkout then within an hour to 24 hours after checkout a Front Office Manager removes what shouldn’t be there. This is one reason Hyatt doesn’t post your points for 24-48 hours to give properties the time to ensure everything is correct.

I believe if you requalify in 2023 upgrades should be much better as the number of Globalists drops by the thousands.
Got it. On upgrades, I'm not too fussed about it - guess marriott "trained" me not to expect it and as I've gotten older I book what I need. But would be a nice to have next year, alongside not finding my own room unavailable at check-in due to another globalist late check-out...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.