Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Reservation prices now include destination fees and taxes

Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:31 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro

As of this morning hyatt.com is now showing prices including fees and taxes. Only when you try to book a room can you see the breakdown. While this may be great for non-Globalists its very confusing for Globalists who don't pay the Resort/Destination fees.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Even as a Globalist, I really hope this comes to the app (my usual channel for booking and research) soon. Having included taxes is massively helpful, especially when comparing to Marriott rates which also show taxes and fees.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I saw this on my account back in March. Looks like Hyatt is testing these with a small subset of users.
It will likely revert back to their usual pricing in some time, as it did for me. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34045055-post4078.html
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
I’d rather it show tax included.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Hmm, I wish there would be an option to show 'all in' vs 'room rate'. If I need to look for a hotel within a certain rate (lower than government rates, or comparable to 'conference rates' for the event I am going to), that is based on the base room rate. I don't want to click around to figure out what that base room is.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I like how Marriott lets you toggle between the rates. I hope Hyatt includes that feature. I find that particularly useful for globalists.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mmgm
As of this morning hyatt.com is now showing prices including fees and taxes. Only when you try to book a room can you see the breakdown. While this may be great for non-Globalists its very confusing for Globalists who don't pay the Resort/Destination fees.
Since Hyatt is aware of your status, they should be able to exclude it (perhaps as an option).

Or even better, they could just stop playing silly games and eliminate those resort/destination surcharges.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Since Hyatt is aware of your status, they should be able to exclude it (perhaps as an option).

Or even better, they could just stop playing silly games and eliminate those resort/destination surcharges.
I would rather they not remove the globalist discount, actually.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I would rather they not remove the globalist discount, actually.

Maybe I would feel the same if I was globalist.

Or maybe I would just be insulted that that they are thanking me for my loyalty by not charging me extra for “benefits” that I already earned (internet access) or don’t want (free local calls) or other nonsense.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Maybe I would feel the same if I was globalist.

Or maybe I would just be insulted that that they are thanking me for my loyalty by not charging me extra for “benefits” that I already earned (internet access) or don’t want (free local calls) or other nonsense.
Destination / resort fee is part of the cost of the room. I don't have to pay it. I'm happy to get the discount.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by MarkOK
Hmm, I wish there would be an option to show 'all in' vs 'room rate'. If I need to look for a hotel within a certain rate (lower than government rates, or comparable to 'conference rates' for the event I am going to), that is based on the base room rate. I don't want to click around to figure out what that base room is.
It’s also useful when looking for BRG opportunities.

Originally Posted by cfabar1
I like how Marriott lets you toggle between the rates. I hope Hyatt includes that feature. I find that particularly useful for globalists.
It will be annoying if Hyatt doesn’t have a toggle feature similar to Marriott.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:05 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Seeing no changes on a firefox desktop browser whether im signed in or our signed out of mt globalist account
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I did see this on a non-signed-in session on mobile Safari. The implementation seems clear as wording is included on both a page banner as well as each rate display on every room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.