Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

"Direct Bill" Doesn't Qualify For Night Credits or Points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

I just spent a week in LA at a Hyatt property. The stay posted to my account, but I didn't receive points or night credits for the stay. When I called the Globalist line, they said that because it was a "Direct Bill" booking (paid for as a block of rooms via my company), it didn't qualify for points or night credits.

Is this a common occurrence with Hyatt properties? I've never ran into an issue like this with stays that were paid for and booked directly with Hyatt.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

3. Charges Billed to Member. In order for a Member to earn points, the bill for qualifying charges must be in that Member’s name and the Member must personally pay for all charges (i.e., the charges are paid by the Member in cash, using a payment device for which the Member is the named account holder or an authorized signatory, or are billed back to Member’s company or organization for payment and are not settled to a master account/posting master). A Member will only earn points for qualifying charges after the Member completes his/her stay and is checked out of the applicable hotel, resort, or other participating property.
https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...att-terms.html
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by bigcahonna
Is this a common occurrence with Hyatt properties?
It's common wth every hotel program.
TravisMT81 and wrldwide1 like this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Search this forum for “direct bill” to see how far back it goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.