Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

AMR resorts - Preferred Club for Globalists or Club Access Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Looking at lots of AMR resorts for this summer and saw that many have standard, club, and suites available for redemption. Any experience with globalist access and/or club access awards being redeemed against a preferred club room when booking standard (whether revenue or award)?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Found partial answer to my question, club access cannot be used at AMRs according to the terms:

2. Club Upgrade Awards: A Room Upgrade Award for accommodations with Club lounge access (“Club Upgrade Award”) is redeemable only at Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and is not valid at Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Miraval, Vacation Ownership Properties, Destination by Hyatt Residences, Caption by Hyatt, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Vivid, Secrets, Dreams, Breathless, Zoëtry, Alua, Sunscape, or other Legacy AMR Collection hotels or resorts.
however the terms for globalists club access doesn’t exclude AMRs.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I would contact the specific AM Resort that you are interested in as they might give you the complimentary upgrade to a club room as a Globalist...Not every resort will be the same, so you gotta do the research and check specifically
Old Jun 25, 2022, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Update based on own experience: So preferred club status will be granted to globalists, although you may not be on the preferred club category rooms (with upgraded amenities). Preferred status is good for some of the preferred club only restaurants and pools and slightly better treatment in terms of seating at restaurants… that’s about it. This having stayed at a Secrets and a Dream property last week.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
Update based on own experience: So preferred club status will be granted to globalists, although you may not be on the preferred club category rooms (with upgraded amenities). Preferred status is good for some of the preferred club only restaurants and pools and slightly better treatment in terms of seating at restaurants… that’s about it. This having stayed at a Secrets and a Dream property last week.
Did they not give you a butler as well, or did those resorts not offer it to club level guests?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Why do you say not upgrades to preferred club room category?

​​​​​
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rota
Why do you say not upgrades to preferred club room category?

​​​​​
let me rephrase, you are eligible to be upgraded to the preferred club room category typically in the preferred club building or floors, those rooms typically have upgrade amenities and minibar offerings.

however, if your room is not in the preferred club building or floor for whatever reason, you still have access to the preferred club lounge (which is not much) and the preferred club amenities such as private pool and/or restaurants.

Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Did they not give you a butler as well, or did those resorts not offer it to club level guests?
i was not advised of any butler service nor was I placed in a preferred club level room or building, so can’t comment on this.

all I can comment on based on my original post was that globalists have access to the preferred club (not necessarily a room in the preferred club building or category). Not sure about globalist suite upgrade but we got ocean views on both stays which I consider as upgrades and the standard rooms are listed as junior suites to begin with.
milesforhire and rota like this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Just to add for additional information for those that are interested in the restaurant menus and activities at AMR resorts, you can download the AMR collection app in the App Store and it will give you every resorts’ menus and activities. Good for planning. The same information is also available via a QR code on site.
TRAVELBABE likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:22 pm

let me rephrase, you are eligible to be upgraded to the preferred club room category typically in the preferred club building or floors, those rooms typically have upgrade amenities and minibar offerings.

however, if your room is not in the preferred club building or floor for whatever reason, you still have access to the preferred club lounge (which is not much) and the preferred club amenities such as private pool and/or restaurants.
One big benefit that the Preferred Club does grant, especially if you are at a more mid-tier level like Dreams/Breathless, is much better alcohol in the Preferred Club lounge & any other bars/restaurants that are PC only. Things like Don Julio / Herradura tequila in the Club area bars vs Cuervo Gold in the non-club bars.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lowfareair
One big benefit that the Preferred Club does grant, especially if you are at a more mid-tier level like Dreams/Breathless, is much better alcohol in the Preferred Club lounge & any other bars/restaurants that are PC only. Things like Don Julio / Herradura tequila in the Club area bars vs Cuervo Gold in the non-club bars.
only good if you want to go the the preferred club lounge for a drink… rather than the pool side bar hanging out… unless you can handle going to preferred club and getting all your premium liquor drinks and making your way back to the pool.

At some other all inclusive resorts where you get a color coded wristband (for club or preferred guests), you can get premium liquor anywhere including the pool bar.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 5:16 pm

only good if you want to go the the preferred club lounge for a drink… rather than the pool side bar hanging out… unless you can handle going to preferred club and getting all your premium liquor drinks and making your way back to the pool.
It definitely varies by hotel, but I know at least a couple years ago Dreams Sapphire had an adults only pool that included bar service there with the premium drinks.

You also make it out like it has to be an all or nothing proposition, when in reality you can get drinks when you're near the club lounge and other times just get the regular ones. I'll still take a third of my drinks being much higher end as part of a free club upgrade.

Additionally, many of their midtier hotels have a preferred Club restaurant that is usually Ocean view plus a la carte breakfast, whereas the main breakfast restaurant is just a buffet.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lowfareair
It definitely varies by hotel, but I know at least a couple years ago Dreams Sapphire had an adults only pool that included bar service there with the premium drinks.

You also make it out like it has to be an all or nothing proposition, when in reality you can get drinks when you're near the club lounge and other times just get the regular ones. I'll still take a third of my drinks being much higher end as part of a free club upgrade.

Additionally, many of their midtier hotels have a preferred Club restaurant that is usually Ocean view plus a la carte breakfast, whereas the main breakfast restaurant is just a buffet.
i was only responding to the portion of your post about the premium alcohol. if I was just standing around the pool area and drinking, I’m not going to make my way to the lounge just to get some premium booze and walk back… if anything, I’ll pay the pool runners to go to lounge for me to get some premium booze .

As I said in my other posts, preferred club is basically lounge access, some (priority) restaurants access, some private pool access, some upgraded minibar and in room amenities…
Old Jul 8, 2022, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
i was only responding to the portion of your post about the premium alcohol. if I was just standing around the pool area and drinking, I’m not going to make my way to the lounge just to get some premium booze and walk back… if anything, I’ll pay the pool runners to go to lounge for me to get some premium booze .

As I said in my other posts, preferred club is basically lounge access, some (priority) restaurants access, some private pool access, some upgraded minibar and in room amenities…
All of which sounds pretty good as a guaranteed free upgrade for Globs.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
All of which sounds pretty good as a guaranteed free upgrade for Globs.
yes it is, except it’s a guaranteed free “access” and “designation” as a preferred club guest for Globs, not guaranteed for an upgrade to the preferred club building with the upgraded in-room amenities.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
yes it is, except it’s a guaranteed free “access” and “designation” as a preferred club guest for Globs, not guaranteed for an upgrade to the preferred club building with the upgraded in-room amenities.
Is there an expectation of room/club upgrade at any property? It seems somewhat disconnected at this point, and I don't know that there's any consolidated list (even as simple as experiences by FTers in a wiki somewhere).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.