Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

AMR resorts - Preferred Club for Globalists or Club Access Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMR resorts - Preferred Club for Globalists or Club Access Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CLEguy
Is there an expectation of room/club upgrade at any property? It seems somewhat disconnected at this point, and I don't know that there's any consolidated list (even as simple as experiences by FTers in a wiki somewhere).
A list for what? Guaranteed upgrade?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by myperks
A list for what? Guaranteed upgrade?
Asked differently, what benefits can a Globalist expect at a given resort? It seems wildly inconsistent without clear property-level expectations or official documentation.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold
Are club access awards eligible for Dreams? Any non-Globalists out there try to use a club access award to get preferred club access/benefits at one of the Dreams properties?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dmgrayinva
Are club access awards eligible for Dreams? Any non-Globalists out there try to use a club access award to get preferred club access/benefits at one of the Dreams properties?
Not based on official terms.
2. Club Upgrade Awards: A Room Upgrade Award for accommodations with Club lounge access (“Club Upgrade Award”) is redeemable only at Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and is not valid at Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Miraval, Vacation Ownership Properties, Destination by Hyatt Residences, Caption by Hyatt, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Vivid, Secrets, Dreams, Breathless, Zoëtry, Alua, Sunscape, or other Legacy AMR Collection hotels or resorts.
https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...att-terms.html
Old Sep 5, 2022, 12:21 pm

So are globalists guaranteed preferred club at secrets resorts? Or is it dependent on each property?
Old Sep 5, 2022, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
So are globalists guaranteed preferred club at secrets resorts? Or is it dependent on each property?
No it's not. I just went to a Secrets and was firmly denied club access by the front desk.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ezak
No it's not. I just went to a Secrets and was firmly denied club access by the front desk.
Which one? We were given access at Secrets the Vine. I also emailed Akumal and was told we’d have access.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by ehallison
Which one? We were given access at Secrets the Vine. I also emailed Akumal and was told we’d have access.
Punta Mita near PVR. They basically said there’s no benefits whatsoever for WoH members, doesn’t matter what level you are.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AMR has varied names for different clubs. They have Impression for Zoetry, Preferred for Secrets/Dreams/Now, xhale for Breathless & Sun for Sunscape. It is unclear what Globalists are entitled to. I emailed a few of the AMR resorts directly and only one confirmed that Globalists will be upgraded to Preferred on space available basis (not guaranteed). Most of them didn't bother to reply.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
AMR has varied names for different clubs. They have Impression for Zoetry, Preferred for Secrets/Dreams/Now, xhale for Breathless & Sun for Sunscape. It is unclear what Globalists are entitled to. I emailed a few of the AMR resorts directly and only one confirmed that Globalists will be upgraded to Preferred on space available basis (not guaranteed). Most of them didn't bother to reply.
This's my impression as well. Access to AMR clubs are definitely not automatically given to Globalist, and usually one can only hope to get upgraded and gain access this way. However, some properties are more loose on club access and might give them out even without an upgrade. I assume it's a YMMV situation.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given the newness of AMR Resorts to World of Hyatt, some front desk agents may not even know what Globalists mean.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 4:43 pm

Given the newness of AMR Resorts to World of Hyatt, some front desk agents may not even know what Globalists mean.
Well, I did talk to a manager later, who basically said the same thing... and another manager straight up said "we don't know anything about Hyatt". From my limited experience, AMR has a very strong membership program, and benefits are definitely prioritized towards their own members. I'd say AMR definitely has a long way to go before it's really a part of WoH.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:06 am
Original Poster

access to preferred club (or the club equivalent at the different brands) is different than upgrading to a preferred club wing or floor. Globalist should have access to the preferred club lounge and area which is technically no different than any other Hyatt properties with a lounge.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
FWIW, I had to call in about a reservation at Secrets Cozumel.

The phone agent insisted I would get access to the preferred club as a globalist. I was finally able to snag a room in the preferred wing so unfortunately I won't be able to be a data point, but as far as (one) WoH phone agents are concerned, we should be getting access.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fezzington
.......The phone agent insisted I would get access to the preferred club as a globalist........but as far as (one) WoH phone agents are concerned, we should be getting access.
IMHO, that means zip. Many phone agents, Hyatt or other chains, don't know more than what's on their screens.

Preferred/Impression/xhale Clubs etc are under a different concept than Hyatt clubs. The club lounge access is a minor component of the Club privileges. Most AMR resorts have Bars/Restaurants/Pools which are either only accessible by Club guests or non-Club guests need to pay a supplement. Some Secrets operate on First Come First Served for restaurants, which often result in long waits on busy weekends, while Club Concierges can make reservations.

I do hope all Globalists will have guaranteed access to AMR clubs privileges yet it doesn't look that way at this point.
fezzington likes this.

Last edited by TerryK; Sep 7, 2022 at 8:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.