Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Use of Hyatt facilities

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriot, Alaska Air, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors Diamond, British Airways
Use of Hyatt facilities

If staying at a Hyatt property... Can one use the facilities (pools, fitness centers) of other Hyatt properties in the general area?

Is there a general rule or is it property specific?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by dqdude
If staying at a Hyatt property... Can one use the facilities (pools, fitness centers) of other Hyatt properties in the general area?

Is this possible with SPG, Marriot or Hilton? If so, I may have to switch camp....

Other than Hyatt House Shenzhen airport and Hyatt Place Shenzhen airport that shared the facilities, the only experience I had was getting pool access at Hyatt Centric Waikiki when Regency Waikiki's hot tub was closed for service. I wrote Regency and they granted this arrangement prior to our stay. Prior to COVID, I thought I read somewhere that Olive 8's pool was available for GH or HR Seattle Diamonds/Globs...... During COVID when I checked, hotel guests only (when the pool re-opened).
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold

I would imagine that would only work for "sister" properties, e.g. The Seabird Resort/Mission Pacific Hotel, or where there's a Residence Club property adjacent to a full-service resort (Maui, San Antonio). I would not expect a property to allow use of the facilities (other than publicly available ones) to non-guests of this specific property.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriot, Alaska Air, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors Diamond, British Airways
Originally Posted by sch_flyer
I would imagine that would only work for "sister" properties, e.g. The Seabird Resort/Mission Pacific Hotel, or where there's a Residence Club property adjacent to a full-service resort (Maui, San Antonio). I would not expect a property to allow use of the facilities (other than publicly available ones) to non-guests of this specific property.
Funny that you mentioned the Seabird resort... that is the property I was hoping to be able to use the facilities at. I'm staying at the Alila Marea
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I think I was staying once at a Hilton in Dubai that had an agreement with another (sister?) property on the beach that let us use their facility (hotel provided shuttle bus). But I don’t think this is a general thing - stay at a cheap HP, use the fancy facilities at any expensive Hyatt with fifty miles?
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I think I was staying once at a Hilton in Dubai that had an agreement with another (sister?) property on the beach that let us use their facility (hotel provided shuttle bus). But I don’t think this is a general thing - stay at a cheap HP, use the fancy facilities at any expensive Hyatt with fifty miles?
Good point
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:32 am

To answer your question, no this is not a typical thing and probably a very very rare occurrence. I'd just ask the hotel directly to get an accurate answer for your situation.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:38 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I agree that is likely a property-by-property policy. As a data point, the Hyatt Regency Maui gives wristband access to the adjacent Hyatt Residence Club facilities and I believe the same is true vice-versa.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:40 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Yes you can but HUGE YMMV depending on location!

DP: I stayed at the Hyatt Place Los cabos, and was able to check out/use the facilities at the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos!! HP GM called HZ GM and I got to check out the area for a few hours.

It's actually pretty funny you mention this, because I saw a bunch of folks stay at the HP for overnight + went to the Ziva to party/chill afterwards. So yes it is possible.

Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Funny that you mentioned the Seabird resort... that is the property I was hoping to be able to use the facilities at.
seabird sells day passes to use their facilities. I’m not sure what it costs, but one of the staff mentioned it to me on my last trip. I’m sure if you call them they’d quote a price.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:00 pm

Funny that you mentioned the Seabird resort... that is the property I was hoping to be able to use the facilities at. I'm staying at the Alila Marea
Just came back from Alila, was not told this is one of their perks. Just e-bike up and down the 101. Heck, can't even use the sauna without paying for a spa service.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:34 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
It’s definitely not a general thing that guests at one Hyatt affiliated hotel are allowed to use the facilities for other Hyatt hotels in the city/area. Even properties that are under the same ownership/management don’t always allow for such facilities hopping.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Yes you can but HUGE YMMV depending on location!

I saw a bunch of folks stay at the HP for overnight + went to the Ziva to party/chill afterwards. So yes it is possible.
In my case, we invited my sister-in-law, booked 4 people for the room and complementary upgrade did not clear. Walked over to HP to give family more room and privacy. Had to flash my bracelet in the morning to get back in Ziva, so not sure how others can get in without prior arrangement.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
... Can one use the facilities (pools, fitness centers) of other ... properties in the general area? Is there a general rule or is it property specific?
FWIW, I’m relatively attuned to this situation, having made the request several times, usually unsuccessfully. Several years ago during a 3-4 night stay at the Cairns (Australia) Harbour Lights Hotel (terrible fitness center room) I was lucky enough to talk the manager of the Hilton across the street into allowing me 3 days of access to their fitness center which required a key for a first floor outside door at the back of the hotel which led nowhere else.

A couple of times, when there was no key required at a nearby property, I’ve simply walked into the fitness center, done my thing and then departed. Every time it was a chain/family of hotels which I often frequented both before and after. (Yes, dubious justification and arguably theft of services and/or trespassing, sometimes you gotta take your chances. ) A few times I’ve paid for a one-time use pass to a nearby commercial gym, occasionally on a hotel associated discount rate.

My Cairns experience was a very rare exception and wasn’t in the USA. In the USA, other than associated/sister properties, corporate and/or property specific liability concerns are undoubtedly the major reason why it’s most likely they’ll laugh in your face (so to speak) after hearing or reading the request.

(The 24 Hour Fitness gym near LAX in the building which now houses the Hyatt Place/Hyatt House was by far the most malodorous gym I’ve ever been in, including high school, college, Navy ships, military bases and cruise ship crew gyms. The (I believe now abandoned) gym above the Red Door Spa down the block from GALLERYone DoubleTree Suites in Fort Lauderdale was by far the nicest and most inexpensive. In Reykjavík Iceland the local gym was about 1 to 1.5 miles from my hotel, fortunately about half the distance of my daily outdoor jog and perfect weather. The NATO gym on KAF (Kandahar Airfield Afghanistan) was among the nicest, we had to hand carry our indoor shoes/sneakers, change shoes in the vestibule and leave our outdoor shoes in a locker to protect the gym from the very fine dirt and dust of the surrounding wasteland desert. Thanks for the memories! )

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Jun 11, 2022 at 8:04 pm Reason: memories

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.