Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Category 7 Certificate Devaluation with newest award chart

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Category 7 Certificate Devaluation with newest award chart

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Not at all -

PHNY was a horrible property that’s very aged, horrible customer service and the breakfast is not even good. It’s definitely gone down several pegs over the last 3 years.

Ventana was almost impossible to even use a Cert at and because it was an Alila you couldn’t use the Pay My Way Feature to book consecutive nights with points and certificates which was bad especially when there’s a 2 night minimum. Also it’s a very hard location to get to so only 2 nights for many isn’t worth it even if you jumped through all the hoops and had the call center make the booking.

As far as good uses there’s still tons -

Hyatt Centric Park City (in peak or busy season)

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek (in ski season)

Thompson Dallas

Park Hyatt Chicago

Park Hyatt Aviara

Alila Encinitas

Those are just off the top of my head I’m sure if I researched I’d find a dozen more easily.

Also a great thing is that Certs are not impacted by Peak pricing so even if a Cat 7 is on Peak pricing you can still use it, adding even more value to them.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:39 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Are they still giving Globalists 20K points after expiration? If so, I may just do that with one I have expiring next month.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Are they still giving Globalists 20K points after expiration? If so, I may just do that with one I have expiring next month.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.