Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Should I cancel my chase hyatt card?

Should I cancel my chase hyatt card?

Old May 28, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
If OP can't even find a way to use a free Hyatt night, I doubt OP is going to take the energy or interest to get into the churning game (unless, of course, this is a Hyatt footprint issue).

No reason to waste $95 a year if OP flat out won't use the benefits.
notquiteaff and Cat88L3 like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by craz
… till I brought up to him that $95 and $18K in spend will get him a 3 night stay at a Cat4 peak time …
Originally Posted by craz
…(I said $18K since that way you end up with 3 nights at a Cat4 even in Peak Season)
Why $18K, not $15K? Thank you.

Originally Posted by webazoid
I’ve had a hyatt card since 2015. Originally got it for 2 free nights wich I used for two nights park hyatt vendome paris. Since then, I pay $95/mo but don’t ever use free award night. May go to France/Italy again in 2023. Wondering if I should keep card or just cancel. I’ve kept united cars since it allows access to more flights. Does hyatt card allow access to more rooms?
With minimal clarifying information, OP solicited thoughts regarding “keep card or just cancel”, every opinion (even one suggesting judicious churning) is just as valid as any other. OP’s other question (“hyatt [sic] card allow access to more rooms”) was answered (“no”) appropriately.

Uncertain why OP used original 2 free nights and does not use annual free nights (maybe he’s allergic to Cat 1-4 properties ) but it can be inferred (among other possibilities) that OP only stays at higher category Hyatt properties. I merely pointed out that a typical Chase (biz or personal) Hyatt SUB (plus points from minimum spend) is sufficient for at least 2 nights at a higher category Hyatt property, even Park Hyatt Paris Vendome (if they’re allowing point redemptions at the time).

This thread is replete with insightful pertinent comments. Although it’s only been a day, it would be sensible for OP to clarify using the original 2 free night but not the annual free night(s) and also his strategy and motivation for the card, then there might very well be additional comments which are even more relevant to OP.
Old May 28, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
For the life of me based on the OPs description, I can’t imagine why on earth s/he would want to keep this card unless they don’t want to show a reduction in credit limit, number of closed accounts, etc.
Old May 28, 2022, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Why $18K, not $15K? Thank you.
Simple a Cat4 is 15K but its 18K during Peak times, so charge $15k and you end up wanting to go during Peak you will be 3K short.

Just the same if you want < Cat 4 then you need to charge less $$$ but IMO it pays to use the Peak amounts needed so you dont end not having enough when its a Peak period you want to go
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
The op has not used the free night award that is included in the card since 2015 and we are talking recommending they churn? Haha. I mean, if they aren't even using the freebie then I am guessing they need to cancel and stop paying the fee. Find a card that fits their lifestyle. The annual fee that has gone for nothing in all these years has probably eaten substantially into to the original gain obtained by the Paris stay.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.