Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

MGM stays not posting to Hyatt recently

Old May 14, 22, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond

Only about 50% of my MGM stays auto-post to Hyatt and in the past, 30 days after the stay, I'd send an email to [email protected] with the dates and folio and they'd acknowledge and send an update to Hyatt.

This year memberservices hasn't replied to any email I've sent. Is it working for other people?
Old May 14, 22, 9:09 am

MGM has been overloaded for a while. Last few months they are running 2-5 weeks to reply to emails according to what they have told me and I experienced. None of my MGM stays have auto posted without 30+ day manual intervention in 2 years.
Old May 14, 22, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt explorist
Originally Posted by graytidy View Post
Only about 50% of my MGM stays auto-post to Hyatt and in the past, 30 days after the stay, I'd send an email to [email protected] with the dates and folio and they'd acknowledge and send an update to Hyatt.

This year memberservices hasn't replied to any email I've sent. Is it working for other people?
Did you verify your Hyatt number is indeed in the system every time you check in physically but not check in online ?

I did and all my 20 nights from last month and this month at all various MGM properties all posted correctly to Hyatt within a week after my stays, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, Excalibur, NYNY, MGM grand, Bellagio, Mirage

Last edited by ORDnHKG; May 14, 22 at 9:26 am
Old May 14, 22, 10:45 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
MGM is a bit of a mess right now. It took me two weeks to get a folio. I sent it to MGM Rewards and didn't receive a reply for three weeks. I followed up and got a reply saying that I needed to submit my form within 30 days of departure. If I had gotten the information back in time or someone had replied...
Old May 14, 22, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 100K; BA Gold
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
MGM is a bit of a mess right now. It took me two weeks to get a folio. I sent it to MGM Rewards and didn't receive a reply for three weeks. I followed up and got a reply saying that I needed to submit my form within 30 days of departure. If I had gotten the information back in time or someone had replied...
Normally, MGM Rewards requires you to wait 30 days after departure to contact them about missing points/stays credited to Hyatt.
Old May 14, 22, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
This would be new and seems unlikely as normally you cannot submit until 30 days have passed. Any chance you misread it? Feel free to post the email here if you have it.
Old May 14, 22, 11:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Same experience here. My 1-night Bellagio and 3-night NYNY stay posted, but not the 3-night Aria stay. Confirmed Hyatt number was on the stay at both check-in and check-out
Old May 15, 22, 9:20 am

Same here. My 7-10 night stays at the cheap properties (Excalibur and Park MGM) posted with zero effort. But my 6-night stay at Aria - with the most actual qualifying spend - has not. Emailed at the 30-day mark, but crickets so far. Will probably need to rope in concierge at some point.
tobikosan likes this.
Old May 15, 22, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Mandalay Bay

Checked out 5/9. Nights and points posted 5/16.
Essendonfooty likes this.
Old May 16, 22, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
My stay at Excalibur a couple weeks ago posted in 2 or 3 days. Checked out online on Friday and points/night credit were there by Monday.
Old May 17, 22, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by AllThePants View Post
Same here. My 7-10 night stays at the cheap properties (Excalibur and Park MGM) posted with zero effort. But my 6-night stay at Aria - with the most actual qualifying spend - has not. Emailed at the 30-day mark, but crickets so far. Will probably need to rope in concierge at some point.
Agree with looping in Concierge here-- that's what's helped with me in the past for this...
Old May 18, 22, 6:55 am

I doubt the concierge can provide any real help getting MGM to move faster, all they do is ail the mailbox we do...I guess it couldn't possibly do any harm though.

Recent DP, MGM seems backed up. Emailed at 30 days after checkout, followed up 11 days later, received response from MGM 6 days after that(so 17 days after my initial email). Stay credit hasn't shown up just yet, but it has only been a couple days since MGM replied.
Old May 29, 22, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slack455 View Post
I doubt the concierge can provide any real help getting MGM to move faster, all they do is ail the mailbox we do...I guess it couldn't possibly do any harm though.

Recent DP, MGM seems backed up. Emailed at 30 days after checkout, followed up 11 days later, received response from MGM 6 days after that(so 17 days after my initial email). Stay credit hasn't shown up just yet, but it has only been a couple days since MGM replied.
I had a batch get acknowledged from MGM a couple weeks ago but they haven't hit Hyatt. It used to be just a day or so on the Hyatt side, have yours processed yet?
Old May 30, 22, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by graytidy View Post
I had a batch get acknowledged from MGM a couple weeks ago but they haven't hit Hyatt. It used to be just a day or so on the Hyatt side, have yours processed yet?
Yes, it took a bit, posted a couple days ago. Took 4 weeks from the initial email to MGM until the stay credit posted.
Old May 30, 22, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slack455 View Post
Yes, it took a bit, posted a couple days ago. Took 4 weeks from the initial email to MGM until the stay credit posted.
I think the takeaway is that if you are expecting MGM stays to credit quickly to earn a reward, don't. You might be looking at a 30-day wait after the stay to file a request, a 30 day wait for MGM to process, and a 30 day wait for Hyatt to process.

Currently I'm seeing about 50% success in stays posting right away which is good, but I've had no 2022 stays which I've had to make a follow-up request post yet (from as far back as February).

Search this Thread