Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking two rooms

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2022, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Booking two rooms

I'm trying to book two rooms, one for a single adult and one for two adults+1 child. (a total of 4 of us over two rooms).

As shown below, there appears to be no way to do this without it being two completely separate bookings. It assumes that both room will have the same occupancy - 8 people in total.

Any thoughts on how to resolve? or is it not possible online?
Old May 2, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Just book for 2 adults per room...
Old May 2, 2022, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks however this won't work. I need the sofa bed set up in one room for the child.

Presumably, if I just book two adults in each room, they will just set-up the main bed in each?
Old May 2, 2022, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by molecrochip
Thanks however this won't work. I need the sofa bed set up in one room for the child.

Presumably, if I just book two adults in each room, they will just set-up the main bed in each?
Just book two adults and request the sofa bed to be setup for second adult
VegasGambler likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 8:45 am

Make two separate reservations.
Old May 2, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
Is there a reason to keep it all on one reservation vs making two? Does it have to be a single reservation for points earning purposes?
Old May 2, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by molecrochip

??

What you reserve has little if any bearing on how the room will be set up. You will still need to contact the property to have them set up the pullout bed. Just tell them it'll be one adult in one room and 2+1 in the other. Unless you're in one of those weirdo European places with the "fire codes" that restrict occupancy to 2 per room in base rooms (in which case you wouldn't be able to book the 2+1 separately either), no one cares how you allocate 4 people across 2 rooms, it's all the same.
Old May 3, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sammybk
Is there a reason to keep it all on one reservation vs making two? Does it have to be a single reservation for points earning purposes?

No it makes no difference if one res or two from an earning perspective - either way, you earn the same number of points but only one night/stay credit. Just book whatever you want and then call the hotel if having the rooms assigned together is important - that is done locally anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.