Question about Meetings

Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Question about Meetings

Hi All,

Just did a group reservation 12 rooms at a property. They awarded me Hyatt planning points.

I was staying in 1 of the rooms. I have not received WOH elite nights or points for my personal room as someone staying in the room.

Should I have received those points and EQNs? The language on the website is unclear.

BTW, here is the link from the WOH website: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...gs-events.html

It says:
As the meeting or event planner:
  • Earn one Bonus Point per eligible U.S. dollar spent (up to 50,000 Bonus Points) for hosting a qualifying meeting or event at Hyatt

As a guest at one of our hotels:
  • Members can earn 5 Base Points for every eligible U.S. dollar spent on their qualifying stays, dining, spa services and more at participating locations
  • Base Points count toward earning tier status, Bonus Points do not
This makes me think I would receive $1/spend for planning the meetings + 5 base points per every dollar on the qualifying stay that I had for my own room. EQNs are not mentioned one way or the other.

Anyone have experience with this?
Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:57 am

Just happened across this... I believe the major downside of a hosted meeting (where all rooms are booked and paid centrally) is that nobody gets any elite nights or points.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 3:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Was there a master bill? If so, none of the hotel guests earn anything. You also wouldn't earn anything for the stay if someone else paid for it, such as the organization sponsoring the meeting.

OTOH, if you paid for your room with your own credit card, it should earn unless the contract says otherwise.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 3:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Big short cut is to look at your confirmation email upon booking. Would say if it is an eligible rate.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 11:05 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Im thinking of renting out a banquet hall at a HR. If one spends say $30000 + tax and fee, is the $30K considered base points?

How does these meetings go toward your status for the year with regards to "base points"?

I know it says the following:

• Earn one Bonus Point per eligible U.S. dollar spent (up to 50,000 Bonus Points) for hosting a qualifying meeting or event at Hyatt
Does this mean that you only get points and nothing towards your base points?

Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2023, 12:36 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by KL808
Im thinking of renting out a banquet hall at a HR. If one spends say $30000 + tax and fee, is the $30K considered base points?

How does these meetings go toward your status for the year with regards to "base points"?

I know it says the following:

Does this mean that you only get points and nothing towards your base points?

Thanks
You get bonus points only for the hall rental.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.