Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Santa Clara Silicon Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 6, 2022, 2:22 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

I didn‘t find a thread on this new hotel, so starting a new one. Opened today.

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=124226

CHICAGO (April 6, 2022) – Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today the opening of Hyatt Centric Santa Clara Silicon Valley, marking the latest lifestyle property to debut from the Hyatt Centric brand. The 220-suite hotel, which is conveniently located near the city’s top destinations, attracts guests who are looking to enjoy a stay in the heart of the action and explore the best of what Santa Clara has to offer, including the ultra-chic tech giant campuses, Levi Stadium, Santa Clara University, Historic Mission Santa Clara De Asis, and the bustling Mercado Santa Clara.

“We are thrilled to bring share-worthy experiences to the Santa Clara market,” shares Brent Larkin, general manager, Hyatt Centric Santa Clara Silicon Valley. “This property fully embraces Silicon Valley’s booming cultural scene, from the locally inspired menu at our lobby restaurant, to the murals crafted by local artists, and flexible meeting space – we are truly bringing something special to travelers and locals alike.”

• View File
    Hyatt Centric Santa Clara Silicon Valley Reception Area

• View File
    Hyatt Centric Santa Clara Silicon Valley Queen Suite

• View File
    Hyatt Centric Santa Clara Silicon Valley Lounge/Main Bar
Upon arrival, guests are greeted by the hotel lobby’s vibrant design, blending themes of Santa Clara’s urban landscape, California’s rich wine culture and renowned nature preserves into a rich and inviting visual. A welcoming, spacious lobby adorned with energizing colors, deep leathers and glowing natural light offers the ideal gathering space for reconnecting, collaborating, planning, and unwinding. Guests can also enjoy fresh, complimentary coffee services in the lobby and a grab-and-go market for necessities.

Located just off the hotel’s lobby is Hyatt Centric Santa Clara Silicon Valley’s signature restaurant, currently open for breakfast and light bites in the evening, with lunch to launch in the near future. The restaurant offers craft American fare with offerings such as Grilled BBQ Pork Ribs with Hoisin Honey Chili with Vegetable Root Apple Slaw and a signature burger, in addition to an all-American wine list, craft cocktails and ciders and beer on tap.

The hotel’s guestrooms can be accessed through digital key in the World of Hyatt mobile app, which utilizes Bluetooth technology that allows guests to use the World of Hyatt app on their iPhone or Android phone as a digital key. Once inside, guests are greeted by thoughtful, modern urban decor that reflects the personality and style of Santa Clara. Many suites feature walk-in showers and an in-room work area, and those who seek dramatic city views can opt in for a high-floor guestroom. Thoughtful high-end finishes and amenities round out the experience with signature brand touch points such as Drybar Buttercup hair dryers, Hyatt Centric-branded robes, and BeeKind bath amenities.

The hotel’s spacious pool terrace boasts colorful landscaping, plush seating and outdoor fireplaces where guests can embrace Santa Clara’s sunshine while enjoying small plates and thoughtfully curated cocktails. The pool terrace also offers a 3,500 square-foot hospitality deck complete with an outdoor living area, high-end dining tables, and a semi-private deck available for groups. The terrace flows beautifully into a flexible meeting space offering an upscale venue for groups of all sizes. To complete the experience, a 24-hour modern fitness center is lined with floor-to-ceiling windows and features Peloton bikes with views of the pool terrace.

To make a reservation at Hyatt Centric Santa Clara Silicon Valley, please visit hyattcentricsantaclarasiliconvalley.com. To celebrate the hotel’s grand opening, guests who book qualifying stays through July 5, 2022 can receive 10% off their room rate. Terms and conditions apply.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.756MM, WN ALP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC,AA Gold
Here for a 1 night stay on opening night. Will post back with pics and more info in the next few days. Overall it's a nice redo of the old Plaza Suites. Obviously still a bit rough around the edges. Barely made it to opening today while waiting for a water test result to come back. Restaurant not yet integrated into hotel billing system and menu is pretty limited right now. Upgraded to a premium suite as a Glob. Internet is about 30/30 down/up. 12 guests tonight per the GM
59Impala likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Here for a 1 night stay on opening night. Will post back with pics and more info in the next few days.
Nice! Take some photos, please.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

At least the restaurant is open and serving breakfast.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:03 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.756MM, WN ALP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC,AA Gold
Probably gonna be more photos than anyone wanted, but....

General:
Only 12 rooms occupied this first night. Met the GM and he said only floors 1-3 are really ready right now. Still work going on on the rest. Restaurant not integrated into the hotel POS, so not able to charge dinner to the room. They did have the list of Globs in the morning so breakfast wasn't an issue. Bartender and chef (for the time being) is named Tony. There is a coin-op laundry on the second floor. Can purchase soap there and there is a bill changer as well

Room:
Room was a good quality redo. Upgraded to a Premium King Suite as a Glob. Mattress was brand new and quite firm (good for me, but might not be for others). Seemed to be enclosed in some sort of zip bag - possibly to prevent any bedbug problems? Water waiting in the room. Nice TVs with Chromecast built in (though I didn't use it). Robes hanging in the "closet". Limited drawer space though. Bedroom actually had none. A couple in the living room. Big, but very stiff couch. Might just need some breaking in. Small fridge in the living room. USB ports and power ports in multiple locations, but only one total USB C and it was at the desk (HC in Mountain View has USB C at the bedside as well). No fancy Lutron lighting system like at the HC Mountain View, just standard switches. Alarm clock has a built in wireless charging dock.

Bath:
Bathroom obviously had to be designed within the existing room layout. Separate doored area with toilet, tub, and shower felt cramped. Can't imagine exactly how it would be in a regular suite. Only one face cloth and hand towel in the room, despite having a double sink. Bath towels were incredibly small - I could barely wrap one around my waist after getting out of the shower which has never been a problem for me. Shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel were in pump bottles attached to the wall in the shower. Magnifying makeup mirror was interesting in that it had a motion sensor and would light up when you got near it.

Restaurant:
Probably the biggest downfall right now. Menu for dinner and breakfast is very limited right now. Only really 3 entrees on the dinner menu right now and no real vegetarian options. Beer taps weren't working - only bottles of Miller Lite and Corona available. Decent hard alcohol selection including several decent whiskeys/scotches - Balvenie Doublewood, Macallan 12, and Bulleit. Dinner (sliders) was tasty, but a tad over done. Breakfast menu was a bit more varied, but service was quite slow with almost no one in the restaurant at 6:30 (hours are 6:30-9:30). Ordered 2 hard boiled eggs, bacon, and yogurt. Took 40 minutes to get.... Was asked if I wanted the eggs shelled or not and I said it didn't matter. They came out so hot I could barely touch them. They ended up taking them back to shell them. Bacon was cold when it arrived. Toast was provided (didn't ask for), but no butter or jelly. At least 2 people who ordered after me got their food before me.

Other:
Did not check out the gym. Did look out into the pool area (not heated according to the front desk) and saw some fairly comfy looing patio furniture out there. Parking was free (not sure if that is permanent). For the first night guests they had branded steel water bottles as gifts as well as mini bundt cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes.

If you've got other questions, let me know and I'll see if I have an answer.

Overall, it'll stay on the possible list of places to stay for me, and it's nice to have another full service Hyatt in the area, but I don't think I'd actively seek it out in the near term.

Outside - notice construction still ongoing at the top

Lobby area

First night gifts

Elevator bank

Hallway decor

Room doors and numbering

Living room

Living room

Bath

Bath

Bath

Bath

Bath

Bedroom

Bedroom

Bed

Bedroom

Alarm clock with built in wireless charging dock

Small fridge

Permanently mounted shampoo, etc

Guest laundry on the second floor

Soap purchase

Bill changed in the laundry

Limited dinner menu

Decently sized wine list

Bar area, looking towards front desk

Bar area, looking towards restaurant seating

Dinner - sliders

Breakfast menu

Small shop with drinks and snacks

My 40 minute breakfast

Last edited by jasonvr; Apr 9, 2022 at 1:14 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Nice report.

Was there a cap/amount for breakfast as a globalist?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Nice report.

Was there a cap/amount for breakfast as a globalist?
None was stated when I checked in.
Infinite1K likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:40 am

Need to use up a free Hyatt night in the area and was considering this property. The google reviews for this property seem pretty rough though.. might go for the Hyatt House in Cupertino instead
TravelingChef likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aimango
Need to use up a free Hyatt night in the area and was considering this property. The google reviews for this property seem pretty rough though.. might go for the Hyatt House in Cupertino instead
Another option is the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by aimango
My experience echos some of the Google reviews - FD are not like typical Hyatt judgment-free, friendly and professional kind.
They gave attitudes and unwanted sass, can sound rude at times... For somehow they exuded the motel vibe.
TravelingChef likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Stayed here a couple weeks back. A lot of traffic noise from the 101. They just took an older property and put in new furnishings, and the suite felt cramped. I found the FD to actually be professional and helpful, but I'm not sure I'd bother staying at this property again.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:18 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed for two nights and I was quite alright. Globalist upgrade to the premium suite, which had a nicer bathroom with a tub. The furniture was fresh and comfortable. The TVs had a Chromecast that works with youtube!
The public area was really nicely decorated. However, the pool was being treated and was closed throughout the stay. They didn't care to charge for parking at all. All breakfast charges just got wiped off the bill without having to ask, and no cap was given at check in.

The biggest confusion I had with the property was its Centric flag; it was not close to anything in particular. The only notable thing close to it was the 1010, which provided ample noise even with all the windows shut. The AC was quite loud as well.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I had a one night stay here a couple of nights ago. Check in was fast and the staff were friendly and outgoing. My suite was as the pictures a couple of posts above. I had no issues with traffic noise as my suite faced away from the 101 and looked down on the pool.

I walked to Faultline Brewing for beer and dinner, an easy .6 mile walk west. There is also a Whole Foods and a mall which I walked to in the other direction about the same distance; fast food(McDonalds, etc) is slightly closer. Easy running/walking routes in the area with sidewalks everywhere, most of the area is just office parks (Applied Materials, Palo Alto Networks, etc), other hotels, and apartments.

My breakfast order was taken moments after I sat down and food was out much faster than I expected. The wait staff were always refilling my coffee.

Check out was as easy and professional as check in and all the breakfast charges had already been removed.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 6:30 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Spent a night yesterday.
Didnt think the bed was that comfortable. Slept fine, but could've been better. Truffle fries at the bar barely truffle. Location is meh.
OTOH, Globalist recognition to the extent possible. I was upgraded from King Suite to Premium King Suite (only difference being a larger bathroom with seperate tub). When I asked about late check-out, the response was "you're Globalist, you get 4 P.M" - a benefit I'm not really used to getting mileage out of.

Cocktails were great in the evening, breakfast was great in the morning.

And a finer detail I appreciated: the elevators are programmed so one is almost always at lobby level with doors open. I felt this was super convenient and welcoming.

I'm still more of a Regency Santa Clara person, but this hotel quite exceeded my expectations.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 11:16 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Was the pool working when you were there, and were people using it? Thinking about taking the kids there for a staycation but had read about closures and other bad things about the pool.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.