Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Santa Clara Silicon Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Centric Santa Clara Silicon Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 19, 2024, 9:17 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Finally stayed .and parking is free for Globs. Is a fine hotel and the team is very helpful. Breakfast is also good. The lady server even remember my pervious day's order

Will be staying at the HR Santa Clara in June and I was told that property also give Globs free parking (a $30/day perk).
That is great they are doing free parking. I have not stayed at HR SC recently so happy to hear they are doing free parking too.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:45 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.756MM, WN ALP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC,AA Gold
HR Santa Clara is no longer giving Globalists free parking as of my last visit in December. Haven't been the the Centric since opening day to reconfirm them though
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 11:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jasonvr
HR Santa Clara is no longer giving Globalists free parking as of my last visit in December. Haven't been the the Centric since opening day to reconfirm them though
Oh no for HR. You can park on the street at the Centric if it comes to that.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 6:03 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I just finished up a stay here. Overall I will not return and I would not recommend it.
  • I checked out after one night because the road noise was so bad. I cant remember staying at a hotel with such bad noise proofing. Its right next to the 101, but still. Even with the AC blower on max you can still hear cars and made it difficult to sleep.
  • no recognition of globalists at check in. Had to press to understand breakfast and staff was totally indifferent.
  • regarding parking, they didnt ask, and I had no issue parking my car without any recourse.
overall do not reccomend. Plenty of other good choices in the Bay Area.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:23 am
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'm researching an upcoming trip and noticed this on the mobile website in between the special offers section and the reviews

Infinite1K likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:54 pm
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I've now completed my stay here.

- the highway noise is pretty bad, as ryandc99 mentioned. Luckily I am a sound sleeper and/or my brain tunes it out after a while, but it is quite noticeable when you're awake -- I've been in quieter airport runway view rooms :-/ I was upgraded to a premium room, on a corner facing the pool area (x16), and this might actually be worse possibly because the building is shaped like a C and the noise focuses inward maybe? So the far side of the building away from 101 might be the only rooms that don't have this issue.

- speaking of, on Weds night there were a number of people in the pool area having a loud conversation and while I couldn't make out the actual words it was still enough to be distracting, even on a higher floor. I finally called down to the front desk around midnight and the response I got made it sound like I was not the first to complain. The noise did cease shortly thereafter.

- I was greeted as a Glob and "upgraded" as mentioned above (I've never been in a non-upgraded room here so can't really say for sure what's different). Breakfast details were communicated (front desk told me to sign to the room and it would be removed); I only partook on 2 of the 3 days. The first time I was brought a check to sign; the second time they didn't bother. There is a sign outside the restaurant that lists the buffet and its components, and also a separate sign with a more traditional breakfast menu, but the servers said it's buffet only with no option to order. The buffet was adequate, and had one rotating hot dish (veggie enchiladas the first day, premade cheese omelet the 2nd day) among other otherwise lackluster choices (though the bacon was pretty good)

- the bathroom included a soaking tub that was deep, but also relatively short, so it wasn't actually that good for relaxing

- I was also told at check-in that parking would be $20/day. Given the recent DPs above, I played slightly dumb and asked about free parking for Globs and they said only on award stays.

bottom line, I wouldn't recommend this either absent some compelling monetary or geographical incentive...
SanDiego1K and Kacee like this.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 11:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This place just plain sucks. The road noise from Hwy 101 is incredible, it's like a physical push in the chest when you step out of your car. I asked for and thankfully was given a room away from 101, so it wasn't a problem for me in the room, but be aware before you book. I cannot imagine sleeping in one of the 101 facing rooms.

My room was not well cleaned. Long black hair in the shower (mine is silver and short), crumbs on the sofa, bedroom carpet was gross. Overall the furnishings look and feel cheap. There was nowhere in my 2Q bedroom to open my check-in size Rimowa, except on top of the extra bed. Bathroom layout, with two cupboard-like doors that swing out, was just weird. Towels were very thin and scratchy. Just an overall very cheap "we really don't care" feel to the place.

Someone in another thread raved about the breakfast here. Reality check. It's a buffet, and one of the saddest I've seen in a while. I would seriously take a Springhill Suites breakfast over this place. I had some pineapple and blueberries. There was nothing else on offer I was willing to eat.

I thought this would be similar to Centric Mountain View, which is a nice, upscale feeling property with an excellent restaurant breakfast. Nope. this place is like a bad old Hyatt House. Would never stay again.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 8:49 am

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
This place just plain sucks. The road noise from Hwy 101 is incredible, it's like a physical push in the chest when you step out of your car. I asked for and thankfully was given a room away from 101, so it wasn't a problem for me in the room, but be aware before you book. I cannot imagine sleeping in one of the 101 facing rooms.

My room was not well cleaned. Long black hair in the shower (mine is silver and short), crumbs on the sofa, bedroom carpet was gross. Overall the furnishings look and feel cheap. There was nowhere in my 2Q bedroom to open my check-in size Rimowa, except on top of the extra bed. Bathroom layout, with two cupboard-like doors that swing out, was just weird. Towels were very thin and scratchy. Just an overall very cheap "we really don't care" feel to the place.

Someone in another thread raved about the breakfast here. Reality check. It's a buffet, and one of the saddest I've seen in a while. I would seriously take a Springhill Suites breakfast over this place. I had some pineapple and blueberries. There was nothing else on offer I was willing to eat.

I thought this would be similar to Centric Mountain View, which is a nice, upscale feeling property with an excellent restaurant breakfast. Nope. this place is like a bad old Hyatt House. Would never stay again.
The HC MV is better on so many fronts. New construction, so definitely nicer. Location is also better and feels like you are in a residential area and can walk to restaurants, etc. instead of the industrial park setting that the HC SCV is in. And also has a nicer gym and pool.

Out of the full service Hyatts in the South Bay, I stick with the HR Santa Clara or the HC Mountain View.
Maui4me1 and madmanshoney like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.