Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Santa Clara Silicon Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Centric Santa Clara Silicon Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 5, 2022, 10:12 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by jj243
Was the pool working when you were there, and were people using it? Thinking about taking the kids there for a staycation but had read about closures and other bad things about the pool.
Plenty of people were using the pool, including kids.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by joecool1885
). When I asked about late check-out, the response was "you're Globalist, you get 4 P.M" - a benefit I'm not really used to getting mileage out of.
Stayed here in May (globalist) and was preemptively told at check-in that since they were full there would be no late checkout, which I had been counting on and influenced my decision to stay there.
EDIT: Nevermind, that was in Mountain View. Looks like I should have stayed here instead.

Last edited by Deez Nutz; Sep 5, 2022 at 11:13 am
Old Sep 5, 2022, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Deez Nutz
Stayed here in May (globalist) and was preemptively told at check-in that since they were full there would be no late checkout, which I had been counting on and influenced my decision to stay there.
EDIT: Nevermind, that was in Mountain View. Looks like I should have stayed here instead.
That sucks. I thought Mountain View was a nicer property overall.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Deez Nutz
I'd always push back if you need late checkout. T&C of WoH don't make it an optional benefit, it's a "shall" benefit, unless it's a resort property.
Dyc4321 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Lomic
I'd always push back if you need late checkout. T&C of WoH don't make it an optional benefit, it's a "shall" benefit, unless it's a resort property.
It's a really nice property, but I've had the same experience in Mountain View with check-out, which was quite annoying since I had planned for my kids to use the pool that afternoon. In fact, I complained about it after the fact, citing the T's and C's, and the manager deflected by saying they needed to accommodate early check-ins for other Elite members. Threw me some points ostensibly to make me go away.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.756MM, WN ALP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC,AA Gold
Mountain View is a nicer property, but I've also had problems with them skirting rules and having to elevate to get things straightened out. If I needed late checkout if absolutely push back and keep elevating until I got the answer I was absolutely entitled to since it isn't a resort. I've been on the other side at a hotel waiting for a globalist to vacate the suite I was going into. It happens
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:42 pm

Terrible front desk and GoH recognition.

Family had a really long road trip for a vacation and to help my sister move into her new home and I booked a string of Hyatt properties using guest of honor for them. They had a wonderful time at pretty much all their stays. Globalist recognition was no problem.

However this property was the outlier. They originally charged my family for their breakfast but after talking with someone, got it cancelled out on the bill as a credit. They have an email copy of the bill that has it zeroed out. On checkout they were told there were no charges.

However once they got home their card was charged for breakfast. My mom spoke with 3 different people at the property over 5 calls, all of who gave various reasons for why they couldn't credit the breakfast. Eventually they settled on the explanation that my parents' membership was associated with the stay (non-Globalist) and not mine so therefore they aren't eligible for free breakfast. They were adamant and refused to hear any other explanation.

It really makes no sense because:
1) Hyatt representative booked GoH for us along with other reservations we had no problem with. We did not alter the reservations at all.
2) They credited the breakfast on the bill and changed their mind later. They would not have done that if they didn't see GoH on the reservation.
3) Everyone besides the local hotel agrees this is an obvious breakfast credit. Every rep I talked to from corporate has assumed this is a simple case that should be resolved easily.

My mom, frustrated, asked me if I could look into and I thought sure why not this seems like a simple open and shut case. Perhaps she couldn't explain well due to her lack of familiarity with the Hyatt system or they had trouble understanding her English. Nope when I called they kept telling me that free breakfast is only for Globalist and not members despite me telling them it was a guest of honor booking booked through a Hyatt representative.

Called Hyatt Globalist line and got a wild ride so far:

Call #1: Person seemed to think this was a very simple case and informed me this has to be resolved with the local hotel. Told me I should speak with them again and that they could not join me on the call due to privacy(?) issues. So they just transferred me where I spoke with the same person again who obviously refused to budge.

Call #2: Called Globalist line again with a different rep where I explained what happened and this time they said they would call in themselves to talk with the hotel. Said it should be simple enough. I get put on hold for 30 minutes and the rep comes back a little exasperated and tells me "I can tell why you'd be frustrated, they are being quite difficult. I wanted to talk with the manager but the manager is currently out". Very friendly rep that empathized with us and gave us a case number to keep track of this. Told me I should have a response via email within 72 hours and if not I have the case number as backup.

Call #3: 5 days later and no email. I call in again and I am met with a rep who tells me that this is apparently related to the finance team and said they will transfer me. I am transferred to an automated voice message that says the finance department is closed to and call again later. Call is disconnected.

Call #4: Confused, I call in again and explain what happened to another rep. Rep says there is a note on the case saying to refer to finance team but that makes no sense because this charge is to be reversed by the local hotel, not corporate. Apologizes to me and says they will try calling the local hotel again because they should definitely credit the breakfast. I get put on hold for 15 minutes and the rep comes back to me apologizing again saying they couldn't get a hold of a manager due to the hours (very early morning PST time, I am calling from Asia). They said they would escalate this to their manager and should get a resolution ASAP since it's not a very complicated case. I asked how long I can expect a response to take and they told me it really shouldn't be more than 24-48 hours given the escalation to manager. I remind them I didn't get an email last time and to please follow up with me via email so I don't have to keep calling in at odd hours due to my time zone. They apologized and said of course, we can do that and confirmed my email address.

Call #5 (soon): It's been 5 days but includes weekend so more like 3 business days. Going to try calling again today but quite frankly this has gotten ridiculous. I had a similar situation a year ago but not as crazy as this and they apologized profusely and gave me 5k points for my trouble. It was something that was resolved after about 3 short calls. I had to stop my mom from doing a charge back on her card and she is telling me she doesn't want to stay with the Hyatt brand anymore with this kind of service.

What would you do? Just charge back if we don't get it resolved this week? This has been going on for about 3 weeks now.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by dsywon
Terrible front desk and GoH recognition.

Family had a really long road trip for a vacation and to help my sister move into her new home and I booked a string of Hyatt properties using guest of honor for them. They had a wonderful time at pretty much all their stays. Globalist recognition was no problem.

However this property was the outlier. They originally charged my family for their breakfast but after talking with someone, got it cancelled out on the bill as a credit. They have an email copy of the bill that has it zeroed out. On checkout they were told there were no charges.

However once they got home their card was charged for breakfast. My mom spoke with 3 different people at the property over 5 calls, all of who gave various reasons for why they couldn't credit the breakfast. Eventually they settled on the explanation that my parents' membership was associated with the stay (non-Globalist) and not mine so therefore they aren't eligible for free breakfast. They were adamant and refused to hear any other explanation.

It really makes no sense because:
1) Hyatt representative booked GoH for us along with other reservations we had no problem with. We did not alter the reservations at all.
2) They credited the breakfast on the bill and changed their mind later. They would not have done that if they didn't see GoH on the reservation.
3) Everyone besides the local hotel agrees this is an obvious breakfast credit. Every rep I talked to from corporate has assumed this is a simple case that should be resolved easily.

My mom, frustrated, asked me if I could look into and I thought sure why not this seems like a simple open and shut case. Perhaps she couldn't explain well due to her lack of familiarity with the Hyatt system or they had trouble understanding her English. Nope when I called they kept telling me that free breakfast is only for Globalist and not members despite me telling them it was a guest of honor booking booked through a Hyatt representative.

Called Hyatt Globalist line and got a wild ride so far:

Call #1: Person seemed to think this was a very simple case and informed me this has to be resolved with the local hotel. Told me I should speak with them again and that they could not join me on the call due to privacy(?) issues. So they just transferred me where I spoke with the same person again who obviously refused to budge.

Call #2: Called Globalist line again with a different rep where I explained what happened and this time they said they would call in themselves to talk with the hotel. Said it should be simple enough. I get put on hold for 30 minutes and the rep comes back a little exasperated and tells me "I can tell why you'd be frustrated, they are being quite difficult. I wanted to talk with the manager but the manager is currently out". Very friendly rep that empathized with us and gave us a case number to keep track of this. Told me I should have a response via email within 72 hours and if not I have the case number as backup.

Call #3: 5 days later and no email. I call in again and I am met with a rep who tells me that this is apparently related to the finance team and said they will transfer me. I am transferred to an automated voice message that says the finance department is closed to and call again later. Call is disconnected.

Call #4: Confused, I call in again and explain what happened to another rep. Rep says there is a note on the case saying to refer to finance team but that makes no sense because this charge is to be reversed by the local hotel, not corporate. Apologizes to me and says they will try calling the local hotel again because they should definitely credit the breakfast. I get put on hold for 15 minutes and the rep comes back to me apologizing again saying they couldn't get a hold of a manager due to the hours (very early morning PST time, I am calling from Asia). They said they would escalate this to their manager and should get a resolution ASAP since it's not a very complicated case. I asked how long I can expect a response to take and they told me it really shouldn't be more than 24-48 hours given the escalation to manager. I remind them I didn't get an email last time and to please follow up with me via email so I don't have to keep calling in at odd hours due to my time zone. They apologized and said of course, we can do that and confirmed my email address.

Call #5 (soon): It's been 5 days but includes weekend so more like 3 business days. Going to try calling again today but quite frankly this has gotten ridiculous. I had a similar situation a year ago but not as crazy as this and they apologized profusely and gave me 5k points for my trouble. It was something that was resolved after about 3 short calls. I had to stop my mom from doing a charge back on her card and she is telling me she doesn't want to stay with the Hyatt brand anymore with this kind of service.

What would you do? Just charge back if we don't get it resolved this week? This has been going on for about 3 weeks now.
This is Bonvoy level service. At this point, I would dispute the charge, call Globalist line, explain all you've done, and demand somewhere in the realm of 10-15K points.

Someone was wrong and now can't admit they were wrong.

Sorry to hear you're going through this. Not the Hyatt norm.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by joecool1885
This is Bonvoy level service. At this point, I would dispute the charge, call Globalist line, explain all you've done, and demand somewhere in the realm of 10-15K points.

Someone was wrong and now can't admit they were wrong.

Sorry to hear you're going through this. Not the Hyatt norm.
Thanks, appreciate it. I did call back today and they told me that the update has already been processed and it should reflect with our bank within 5-7 business days. Didn't ask for points, it was a very quick call where they just gave me the update. I guess I technically could have just complained about the situation and demanded points but it felt very out of place to start ranting ha. All I hope is that this called to attention some bad training there as most of the employees seemed clueless about Guest of Honor bookings. Hope no one else has to go through this waste of time.

Is there a place to submit a more formal complaint about this ordeal? I don't mind doing so. Points would be great but even without points I think it's worth making sure that they hear we did not have an enjoyable process (over 3 hours of phone calls) over a measly breakfast charge for a one night stay.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by dsywon
Is there a place to submit a more formal complaint about this ordeal? I don't mind doing so. Points would be great but even without points I think it's worth making sure that they hear we did not have an enjoyable process (over 3 hours of phone calls) over a measly breakfast charge for a one night stay.
Not sure where the best place for a complaint is. Maybe the customer care line (think it's +1-800-323-7249). At the least, they should be able to give you an email to send feedback to, if they don't take the complaint directly.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:47 pm

I have essentially a one night layover in December. Arrive late to SJC and leave the next day.

I want to use my free Cat 4 Hyatt Chase certificate. Globalist.

Centric Santa Clara or Hotel De Anza? Since just there for one night looking for a nice room with a good breakfast close to SJC.

EDIT: Just saw that De Anza doesn't offer breakfast for Globalists. Looks like I'll give the Centric a try.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.756MM, WN ALP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC,AA Gold
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I have essentially a one night layover in December. Arrive late to SJC and leave the next day.

I want to use my free Cat 4 Hyatt Chase certificate. Globalist.

Centric Santa Clara or Hotel De Anza? Since just there for one night looking for a nice room with a good breakfast close to SJC.

EDIT: Just saw that De Anza doesn't offer breakfast for Globalists. Looks like I'll give the Centric a try.
There's also the HR Santa Clara
Old Mar 20, 2023, 7:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Any recent stay updates? Are they still charging for parking? From Google maps, i can see street parking is available nearby.
Old May 10, 2023, 8:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Finally stayed .and parking is free for Globs. Is a fine hotel and the team is very helpful. Breakfast is also good. The lady server even remember my pervious day's order

Will be staying at the HR Santa Clara in June and I was told that property also give Globs free parking (a $30/day perk).
madmanshoney and st40611 like this.
Old May 19, 2023, 7:48 pm

A couple of dishes from breakfast. The Latte was really good.

Egg Benedict - probably best from the menu

Omelet with hot sauce
jj243 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.