Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New All Inclusive Award Categories & ALG Integration to WOH starting April 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New All Inclusive Award Categories & ALG Integration to WOH starting April 2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by bostonbali
Also curious if globalist will receive upgrades at AMR properties, either to larger rooms, or to the preferred club room types?​​​​
That is a question that should hopefully be answered soon; there is little precedent today as the Ziva/Zilara properties mostly don't have a club area (I think the DR ones do? Haven't stayed there).

Historically, the AIs for any brand have not delivered great elite benefits. Best I got was as a Hilton diamond at Hilton PdC which gave us free hydrotherapy access and the option of a room upgrade starting the next day (declined it as the room we got was great with a partial ocean view).
Old Apr 6, 2022, 12:34 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The point pricing for these properties is being taken by me as an indication that the Hyatt points will continue on a devaluation course and remain on a steeper devaluation course than they used to be.

While having more properties in the Hyatt fold is nice in a way, redemption opportunities are a function not just of footprint but also of pricing in points.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The point pricing for these properties is being taken by me as an indication that the Hyatt points will continue on a devaluation course and remain on a steeper devaluation course than they used to be.

While having more properties in the Hyatt fold is nice in a way, redemption opportunities are a function not just of footprint but also of pricing in points.
Agreed - and that we shouldn’t necessarily expect to get the same kind of advance notice of category changes that we’ve gotten in the past.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:45 am

Devaluations will always occur when the earning is based on dollars as long as inflation is still a thing. But regardless of that, I fail to see how this is a devaluation course. The hotels they are listing initially are mostly similar in quality to Ziva/Zilara properties and are right at the same standard price of 20k-25k night that the Zivas/Zilaras have been for almost a decade now.

In what ways is this a devaluation? Until we find out which property/properties will get the new top level, it's hard to say for sure it is a deval, especially given that top level is still lower than Miraval.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:55 am
Suspended

If you read my post carefully it is obvious that I’m talking about how this pricing change for Hyatt-affiliated A-I properties is being taken by me as being indicative that “the Hyatt points will continue on a devaluation course and remain on a steeper devaluation course than they used to be”.

Devaluations of the Hyatt hotel points before, now and in the future is all on Hyatt management. The “inevitability” of devaluations of the program points because of the existence of dollar-denominated inflation misses the boat. Devaluations of Hyatt points are only “inevitable” in the head because of the interests and decisions of company management.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Devaluations of the Hyatt hotel points before, now and in the future is all on Hyatt management. The “inevitability” of devaluations of the program points because of the existence of dollar-denominated inflation misses the boat. Devaluations of Hyatt points are only “inevitable” in the head because of the interests and decisions of company management.
I think you're incorrect there. I don't think that the dollar-denominated inflation misses the boat at all.
It's kind of like saying inflation and room rates increasing is all on Hyatt management. There's an aspect of truth that the hotel could choose to keep their nightly rates constant over the last 10 years, but that's missing how economies work.

Say ADR used to be $150 and you would earn 10 points/dollar, so 10 nights * 1500 points will get you 1 free night at a category 4 hotel.
If due to inflation ADR is now $300, now you're earning 3000 points/night and only need 5 nights to get a free night at a cat4 hotel. When Hyatt created the program it was calibrated at a certain level, which has changed significantly. So I think it's totally fair and expected to change the points redemption rates. The points economy changes. Hyatt has held on far longer than the other brands.
lowfareair likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:43 am

Haven't done my research here so don't cream me... what's the best value for 2a + 2c (age < 7) and at a quality close to Carmel Valley Ranch?

edit: seems like nothing in the USA..

Last edited by dsiderx2; Apr 6, 2022 at 11:48 am
Old Apr 6, 2022, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
I think you're incorrect there. I don't think that the dollar-denominated inflation misses the boat at all.
It's kind of like saying inflation and room rates increasing is all on Hyatt management. There's an aspect of truth that the hotel could choose to keep their nightly rates constant over the last 10 years, but that's missing how economies work.

Say ADR used to be $150 and you would earn 10 points/dollar, so 10 nights * 1500 points will get you 1 free night at a category 4 hotel.
If due to inflation ADR is now $300, now you're earning 3000 points/night and only need 5 nights to get a free night at a cat4 hotel. When Hyatt created the program it was calibrated at a certain level, which has changed significantly. So I think it's totally fair and expected to change the points redemption rates. The points economy changes. Hyatt has held on far longer than the other brands.
From an economics standpoint there are several issues with this assessment, and at first I was going to write a long detailed post about it, but realized why bother.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 4:41 am

If you read my post carefully it is obvious that I’m talking about how this pricing change for Hyatt-affiliated A-I properties is being taken by me as being indicative that “the Hyatt points will continue on a devaluation course and remain on a steeper devaluation course than they used to be”.

Yes, but you fail to show examples of where the devaluation is. It's been almost a decade and the highest Mexican AI redemption has changed from 25k night to variable 21-29k/night, so not sure how that shows some huge devaluation course. I believe exactly one Ziva/Zilara property has gone up in rates since they launched back in 2013. Yes, there are higher tiers coming in, but we have yet to see which AIs get slotted there and the highest tier is still lower than their current highest AI tier (65k/night for Miraval). Until we see how the rest of the hotels price out and potentially any future changes in it in the years to come, talk of an escalating "devaluation course" using AI redemption point costs as evidence is nothing more than hyperbole and conjecture.

"The “inevitability” of devaluations of the program points because of the existence of dollar-denominated inflation misses the boat." is kind of hard to reconcile, because as ADR goes up, the amount Hyatt has to reimburse properties for award nights increases as well due to how hotels are compensated for them. Yes, Hyatt could try paying them less over time, but that will only result in it becoming harder and harder to attract valuable properties. Hyatt could try absorbing the additional costs, but that can only go on for so long before they start losing money for paying hotels exponentially more for award nights over time while getting the same amount of dollars in revenue to bolster that award.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 4:51 am
Suspended

Hyatt management could have done what it takes to avoid point devaluation by hedging against dollar-denominated inflation in room rates or whatever else [b]if[/]dollar-denominated inflation was really a prime driver for Hyatt point devaluations, but it’s not in Hyatt management’s interest to stem the points devaluation as they are eager beavers on delivering to financial market expectations to show growth of various sorts (including at the expense of consumers). And this A-I pricing in points is all on Hyatt and so are points devaluation, as Hyatt is the proverbial central bank in a closed system of sort when it comes to the use of the currency issued by the proverbial Central Bank of Hyatt.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:24 pm

When Hyatt released this new award chart for AI with top cat costs 50k/night, I was confused. Zoetry and Secrets resorts are priced similar or a little lower than Hyatt Ziva/Zilara, Breathless and Dreams are definitely lower, and Alua and Sunsacpe are far down the ladder. If top Ziva/Zilara properties like Cap Cana are only 25k/night, how could Hyatt justify AMR at 50k?

But now with the news that Ritz Carlton Reserve joins Bonvoy, I'm pretty sure Hyatt would have big announcement of very high class properties in near future. Could it be Sandals or could it be cruise lines? What do you think?

Last edited by PG.backpacker; Apr 15, 2022 at 9:34 pm
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:19 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Any Globalist experiences already regarding Dreams Playa Bonita in Panama?

is access to the Club granted?

any other Dreams experiences so far?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Is there a list of ALL of the adults only properties in the hyatt portfolio somewhere? website does not allow one to filter for it, but it exists beyond these properties (alila napa, ventana, etc.)
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Is there a list of ALL of the adults only properties in the hyatt portfolio somewhere? website does not allow one to filter for it, but it exists beyond these properties (alila napa, ventana, etc.)
secrets and breathless resorts are adults only AFAIK for the AMR properties. Miraval and Zilara are as well for the non-AMR. And you mentioned Napa and Ventana.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I did not understand the comment about how the resorts owned by Playa Resorts (ziva and zilara) are not good. I think Playa owns all of them correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.