Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Charleston/Mount Pleasant

Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere

Anyone have experience with this property? We're looking at it and it's pretty reasonably priced given the other properties in the area. BUT, it meets our needs - a kitchen/kitchenette and pet friendly.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:19 am

Ironically enough staying there next month.
Mary2e likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by antonius66
Ironically enough staying there next month.
The price is right and it looks decent/nice. I'm going to make a reservation for this summer and will wait for your report
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
If you are planning to be in the area for a pleasure trip, I would recommend staying at the Wild Dunes resort (Destination by Hyatt) nearby if the rates are reasonable - it's a bit further from downtown, but is right on the beach. The Hyatt House is in a strip mall off the busy road, and while reasonably convenient to both downtown Charleston and Isle of Palms beaches (15-20 min), is not a very inspiring property (as expected).
Old Mar 27, 2022, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sch_flyer
If you are planning to be in the area for a pleasure trip, I would recommend staying at the Wild Dunes resort (Destination by Hyatt) nearby if the rates are reasonable - it's a bit further from downtown, but is right on the beach. The Hyatt House is in a strip mall off the busy road, and while reasonably convenient to both downtown Charleston and Isle of Palms beaches (15-20 min), is not a very inspiring property (as expected).
I looked into it, and I will have 2 very small dogs with me, and they're not pet friendly. I've double checked with my concierge and am waiting to hear back... but the prices are very high.

We may do a VRBO. I asked around, and the unit is very well located in a quiet area in Mt. Pleasant.

Thank you.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:18 pm

Solid enough property. Nice quiet location. Easy access to most of CHS. Breakfast typical terrible HP HH fare. Room exactly same design as HH HP in Tempe.
Mary2e likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Finally stayed here for what ended up being 6 nights using the least expensive rate ($135) plus a suite upgrade to guarantee the 1 bedroom suite. As noted above, it is a solid property. Excellent location close to everything, and the breakfast was decent, but honestly, I don't eat much for breakfast besides a bagel, so the egg offerings, and waffles & pancakes were of no interest.

Room was spacious, well maintained, and clean. The kitchen was well stocked. There was plenty of closet space. This property really deserves more business, but since it's off the beaten path, it's probably not getting much. During the week it was pretty quiet though it did pick up for the weekend and was nearly full. I guess it's because it's off season.

We had to extend our stay for an additional night due to hurricane Nicole passing through the area which would have left us driving north in the storm, and they did so without issue and at the same rate. We had 2 small dogs with us and we were not charge the pet cleaning fee.

The staff at the front desk was very, very nice and everyone was super friendly.

We'll definitely stay there again when in the area.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
I was looking at this place or Hyatt Place. We ended up staying at 'Hyatt Place Mount Pleasant Towne Centre' and absolutely loved it (for Mount P). Plenty of shopping and restaurants within walking distance.
Mary2e likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.