Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Hotels and Places to Stay

Hyatt | World of Hyatt

Hyatt and MGM questions

Hyatt and MGM questions

Old Mar 13, 22, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Hyatt and MGM questions

A few questions on Hyatt/MGM. I am thinking about booking one of the MGM properties for a couple of days. Resort fees are actually more than the room rate — $79 vs $66. Only $33 due right now. If my understanding is correct, I will have to pay $112 at check in and then $79 (resort fee) will be reimbursed at check out for MGM Gold, correct? Second, would I get bonus points for using the Hyatt card? And third, how long does it take for the elite credits and points to post to my Hyatt account?
Old Mar 13, 22, 3:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jediwho View Post
A few questions on Hyatt/MGM. I am thinking about booking one of the MGM properties for a couple of days. Resort fees are actually more than the room rate — $79 vs $66. Only $33 due right now. If my understanding is correct, I will have to pay $112 at check in and then $79 (resort fee) will be reimbursed at check out for MGM Gold, correct? Second, would I get bonus points for using the Hyatt card? And third, how long does it take for the elite credits and points to post to my Hyatt account?
Mention you’re Gold at check in they will verify and remove them at check in so you won’t pay them.

MGM does earn bonus points with the Hyatt CC. Chase will take 40ish days to post them, your 5 points per dollar from World of Hyatt will post within 48 hours.
Old Mar 13, 22, 9:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
I stayed at Bellagio and MGM Grand last month, Bellagio removed the resort fee at check-out but MGM did it at check-in.

Which bonus points? If you are talking about 4 points per $1 spend using Hyatt CC, I don’t think you get that.
Or are you talking about 30% Globalist bonus points?

I got my points/elite credit for MGM Grand within a week after checking out. This was booked via Hyatt.com.
For Bellagio, I used FHR and I’m still waiting for the points/credit to be posted. It’s been about 3 weeks since I checked out.
I usually get the points/credit at least 30 days after checking out if reservations are booked through MGM/Mlife.
Old Mar 13, 22, 10:43 am

To piggy back on original questions, does MGM recognize WOH status benefits on a Guest of Honor booking? Resort fee waived? Room upgrade? Free parking? Late checkout? Thanks!
Old Mar 13, 22, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler View Post
Which bonus points? If you are talking about 4 points per $1 spend using Hyatt CC, I don’t think you get that.
Or are you talking about 30% Globalist bonus points?

I usually get the points/credit at least 30 days after checking out if reservations are booked through MGM/Mlife.
Thanks! I was talking about the Hyatt CC....I assumed the 30% Globalist bonus would be at or around the same time I get the Elite credits and points.

Another question: when you booked it through Hyatt or Amex FHR, how quickly did the booking get reflected in your MGM profile?
Old Mar 13, 22, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
Mention you’re Gold at check in they will verify and remove them at check in so you won’t pay them.

MGM does earn bonus points with the Hyatt CC. Chase will take 40ish days to post them, your 5 points per dollar from World of Hyatt will post within 48 hours.
Awesome, thank you! What is recommended...booking through MGM or Hyatt?
Old Mar 13, 22, 11:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Thanks! I was talking about the Hyatt CC....I assumed the 30% Globalist bonus would be at or around the same time I get the Elite credits and points.
Yeah, no 4 points per $1 staying at MGM properties. You can get 3x points if using Chase Sapphire Reserve etc, though.
You would get 30% Globalist bonus at the same time when you get the Elite credits and points.

Another question: when you booked it through Hyatt or Amex FHR, how quickly did the booking get reflected in your MGM profile?
Hmm... can't remember... sorry but I think I manually added the reservation number to MGM account/App....
Old Mar 13, 22, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MarkNoThanks View Post
To piggy back on original questions, does MGM recognize WOH status benefits on a Guest of Honor booking? Resort fee waived? Room upgrade? Free parking? Late checkout? Thanks!
No.
Old Mar 16, 22, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkNoThanks View Post
You have to status match to an MGM tier and then you get the perks of the MGM tier which for some levels include waived resort fees and free parking. But its not WOH perks, its based on the MGM tier.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...tnerships.html
Old May 13, 22, 7:40 am

I see when you book a free night at MGM , that comes with the Hyatt card you get a room in the west wing. Has anyone ever gotten upgraded?

Thanks
Old May 13, 22, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by yolie View Post
I see when you book a free night at MGM , that comes with the Hyatt card you get a room in the west wing. Has anyone ever gotten upgraded?

Thanks
I've done this twice previously using Hyatt's free night and both times I got upgraded to Grand King from the West Wing. I have MGM Gold status, though.
Old May 13, 22, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt explorist
I've done this twice previously using Hyatt's free night and both times I got upgraded to Grand King from the West Wing. I have MGM Gold status, though.
If you book thru Hyatt using Hyatt's free night, isn't that you still have to pay resort fee though ?

Whether you have MGM gold should be irrelevant, as it had stated specifically that you must be booked thru MGM to get MGM gold benefits, or is it not true ?
Old May 13, 22, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG View Post
If you book thru Hyatt using Hyatt's free night, isn't that you still have to pay resort fee though ?

Whether you have MGM gold should be irrelevant, as it had stated specifically that you must be booked thru MGM to get MGM gold benefits, or is it not true ?
You don’t have to pay the resort fee if you have MGM Gold or higher status.

At least I wasn’t charged the resort fee when I booked through Hyatt and also Fine Hotels and Resorts and staying at Bellagio.
Old May 13, 22, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt explorist
You don’t have to pay the resort fee if you have MGM Gold or higher status.

At least I wasn’t charged the resort fee when I booked through Hyatt and also Fine Hotels and Resorts and staying at Bellagio.
Others had reported they have to pay the resort fee when they booked thru FHR. And you can't just waive your MGM gold card at check in if you didn't book thru MGM
Old May 13, 22, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG View Post
Others had reported they have to pay the resort fee when they booked thru FHR. And you can't just waive your MGM gold card at check in if you didn't book thru MGM
You can always call the hotel directly to see what they do most currently, though. My information was back in February 22.

Search this Thread