Hyatt and MGM questions

Old May 13, 2022, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
You can always call the hotel directly to see what they do most currently, though. My information was back in February 22.
There has been a report or two in this thread where some have been denied more recently (iirc, one was an FHR booking):
MGM Rewards Gold and Above - waived resort fee
Old May 13, 2022, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
You can always call the hotel directly to see what they do most currently, though. My information was back in February 22.
Most currently is you MUST book thru MGM site or app to get your gold benefits, February was in transition from mlife to MGM rewards with all the benefits changed, and that's why they encourage you to get your Hyatt status match to MGM
Old May 13, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Most currently is you MUST book thru MGM site or app to get your gold benefits, February was in transition from mlife to MGM rewards with all the benefits changed, and that's why they encourage you to get your Hyatt status match to MGM
Good to know. I guess I was luck back then.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA MP( 1k; 1MM); Hyatt Globalist
Ensuring MGM nights credit to Hyatt

Hello,
Are there a magic words to use while checking in?
I am at NYNY and booked through MGM. At checkin, I asked that my stay nights be credited to Hyatt and agent didnt seem to know much or care but confirmed my Hyatt account is shwoing up.
I just want them to confirm that nights are going to Hyatt program and if there is a way to do that now, rather than fighting it later. Any experiences?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 4:35 pm

I wonder if we need the like, 5 threads about MGM with all the same questions and info.
ORDnHKG and AllThePants like this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 6:09 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by antonius66
I wonder if we need the like, 5 threads about MGM with all the same questions and info.
Feels like somebody really needs to put a wiki together. Any volunteers?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by HJsimpson
Hello,
I am at NYNY and booked through MGM. At checkin, I asked that my stay nights be credited to Hyatt and agent didnt seem to know much or care but confirmed my Hyatt account is shwoing up.
I just want them to confirm that nights are going to Hyatt program and if there is a way to do that now, rather than fighting it later. Any experiences?
No way to *confirm* at checkin. There are so many individual things that have to go right -- hyatt # being associated to MGM reso, bill being closed out properly, computers not running out of memory, phases of the moon at the right time -- and, at the same time, so many mechanisms to promote esoteric forms of breakage and encourage you to be discouraged, and so many tiers of bureaucracy for people to simply say "I dunno what's going on" or "please call back after 30 days, that's what the manual says", that you really just have to follow as many of the guardrails at possible, but at the end of the day you're in Vegas, so you should still be comfortable with the fact that you're throwing the dice.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by HJsimpson
Hello,
If your Hyatt and MGM accounts are linked together, you do NOT need to say anything at check in but just to make sure your Hyatt number is in the system that's all, afterall you are actually earning Hyatt EQN, points, and MGM tier credit both at the same time but not either or.

Of course the agent have no clue what you are talking about your EQN is going to Hyatt or not, as MGM are not part of Hyatt but just an earning and redeeming partner that's all.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA MP( 1k; 1MM); Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
If your Hyatt and MGM accounts are linked together, you do NOT need to say anything at check in but just to make sure your Hyatt number is in the system that's all, afterall you are actually earning Hyatt EQN, points, and MGM tier credit both at the same time but not either or.

Of course the agent have no clue what you are talking about your EQN is going to Hyatt or not, as MGM are not part of Hyatt but just an earning and redeeming partner that's all.
thank you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.