Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 24, 2022, 6:54 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Creating a dedicated thread for the upcoming Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars, a conversion of the former Crowne Plaza London - The City at 19 New Bridge Street. The hotel is currently undergoing a comprehensive renovation before its planned reopening in July 2022.

The hotel's website isn't up yet, but Hyatt has issued a press release and some renderings today detailing the hotel that I am pasting below.

khabah

Hyatt Unveils Plans for Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars
The announcement signals Hyatts continued brand growth in London and confidence in the United Kingdom as a top travel destination

CHICAGO (February 24, 2022) Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a management agreement with Blackfriars Hotels Limited for Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars. Anticipated to open in July 2022, the Hyatt Regency hotel will join nine additional Hyatt-branded properties in London, marking another milestone in Hyatts ambitious brand growth strategy for the U.K. in one of Londons busiest districts.

With global corporations, businesses and law firms calling the surrounding area 'home,' Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars will be intuitively designed with productivity in mind, allowing guests to seamlessly transition between work and play. Conveniently located within close proximity of Blackfriars underground station, the hotel will offer travelers flexibility and the ability to stay connected during their time in London. Guests will also find many cultural hotspots within walking distance, including the dynamic South Bank area, St Pauls Cathedral and Shakespeares Globe theater.

We are thrilled to announce plans for Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars, a hotel that demonstrates Hyatts confidence in Londons position as an attractive destination for both business and leisure travelers, said Felicity Black Roberts, vice president of development of Europe at Hyatt. Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars will be an exciting offering to the millions of people who visit the iconic city every year.

Currently in the stages of an extensive refurbishment program, Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars was a former palace and is a historically protected grade II listed building. The property will feature an all-day New York style bistro, and a specialty Chinese restaurant. The design, while respecting the buildings rich history, aims to delight and exceed the expectations of the modern-day traveler. The hotel will boast a stylish cocktail bar, with a large outdoor space, featuring modern arrangements designed to encourage guests to gather. In addition, the hotel will also offer meeting spaces and a fitness center. Visitors of the hotel will be invited to experience the juxtaposition of a calm oasis in the heart of the city, overlooking the River Thames.

We are delighted to be working with Hyatt to open Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars, a cutting-edge hotel for leisure and business travelers, said Galadari, owner of Blackfriars Hotels Limited. We were instantly attracted to the legacy, premium quality, and reputation offered by the Hyatt Regency brand and its ambition to create a seamless hotel and dining experience for guests. With its smart design features, innovative food and beverage concepts, and a desirable location, Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars is set to become a landmark for generations to come.

Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars will be the 13th Hyatt-affiliated hotel in the U.K. and the ninth in London joining Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill; Great Scotland Yard Hotel, part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt portfolio; Andaz London Liverpool Street, Hyatt Place London City East, Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, Hyatt Place West London Hayes, as well as the soon to open Hyatt Regency London Stratford and Hyatt House London Stratford.

For more information about Hyatt Regency hotels, please visit: hyattregency.com

Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Looks great - stayed there a few years ago, nice central location & should be cheaper I think than some of the West End Hyatts
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Looks great - stayed there a few years ago, nice central location & should be cheaper I think than some of the West End Hyatts
And let it be known that the Blackfriars pub is INCREDIBLE. The only Art Nouveau pub in London-- an absolute treasure.

(Probably worth staying there just for easy stumbling distance back to the room after a proper visit! : )
Old Feb 24, 2022, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
And let it be known that the Blackfriars pub is INCREDIBLE. The only Art Nouveau pub in London-- an absolute treasure.

(Probably worth staying there just for easy stumbling distance back to the room after a proper visit! : )
The "lawn" outside is a fantastic place for a pint when the weather holds.

Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese right around the corner too! A favorite of mine.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Category 5 hotel.

Probably going to be excellent value for Globalists...
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Category 5 hotel.

Probably going to be excellent value for Globalists...
Any ETA for opening? I've heard rumor of October but would love confirmation...
Charlie9 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:58 pm

Any ETA for opening? I've heard rumor of October but would love confirmation...
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/en...ckfriars/lonrb

Says accepting for October 15th and beyond.
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Charlie9

Says accepting for October 15th and beyond.
I did see that but when ones tries to actually make a reservation for one night on that day (or Christmas eve, or June 2023) the website comes back with "Unfortunately, this hotel is not available during those dates" so I'm thinking that's an aspirational date rather than something more set in stone...

(Happy to be proven wrong though!)
Old Jul 8, 2022, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I did see that but when ones tries to actually make a reservation for one night on that day (or Christmas eve, or June 2023) the website comes back with "Unfortunately, this hotel is not available during those dates" so I'm thinking that's an aspirational date rather than something more set in stone...

(Happy to be proven wrong though!)
Have you tried to call to make a reservation?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Booking is now possible in Cash on Hyatt website -- no points option so far. It should come later
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Opening pushed back to 22nd of November -- I was booked for Blackfriars in October and was offered to move to Andaz or Hyatt Place instead.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:38 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Hotel website now states

"Now accepting reservations for stays from December 22, 2022 and beyond."

I hope they are using the time to do a better refurbishment than they did for the old Staybridge Suites at Stratford, which is now a Hyatt House. The kitchens, rooms and bathrooms at the Hyatt House look almost the same as when it was an IHG hotel. To be fair though, it seems they at least did a full refurbishment for the Hyatt Regency at Stratford which used to be a Holiday Inn. Both hotels are in the same building.

I have stayed at this hotel in London Blackfriars when it was still a Crowne Plaza so I should recognize if they do this on the cheap.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jul 30, 2022 at 3:16 am
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by llb09
Booking is now possible in Cash on Hyatt website -- no points option so far. It should come later
Points reservations are now available.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Whats with the busted rates for 3000/6000/9000 club/std/prem suite upgrades here? The cash portion is set to the cash rate for the room youre getting rather than the standard room so youd just be throwing points away.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Whats with the busted rates for 3000/6000/9000 club/std/prem suite upgrades here? The cash portion is set to the cash rate for the room youre getting rather than the standard room so youd just be throwing points away.
Award nights for not-yet-open hotels are usually glitchy.
nexusCFX and llb09 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.