Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:31 am

I booked three nights next April in case I want to go watch the London Marathon.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:13 am

Planning a trip in late dec to see my beloved Arsenal, this or the Andaz London (Liverpool street)?

Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mal010
Planning a trip in late dec to see my beloved Arsenal, this or the Andaz London (Liverpool street)?

Thanks!
Stay in Blackfriars so we get your perspective. There is already plenty to be said about the Andaz.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mal010

Thanks!
COYS looking forward to finishing above Woolwich again

Stay at Andaz if you want the action...this is more of a business area, Blackfriars pub across the street is great, I am a fan of Ye Old Cheshire Cheese too, but not a ton else in the area IME
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Stay in Blackfriars so we get your perspective. There is already plenty to be said about the Andaz.
I stayed here in 2017 I think when it was still a Hilton(?) or IHG(?) - it's like midtown Manhattan. Very central, lots of Tube options, but I would rather stay in the West End or Shoreditch for more interesting F&B and activities.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 6:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by llb09
Opening pushed back to 22nd of November -- I was booked for Blackfriars in October and was offered to move to Andaz or Hyatt Place instead.
Did they offer you any compensation? Did you pay the same rates for Andaz or Hyatt Place? I have a booking in late December but I feel they won't open on time. Even though the website says they will open on Dec 22, there's actually no availability at all for the rest of December. Thank you!
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nonamelive
Did they offer you any compensation? Did you pay the same rates for Andaz or Hyatt Place? I have a booking in late December but I feel they won't open on time. Even though the website says they will open on Dec 22, there's actually no availability at all for the rest of December. Thank you!
For Hyatt Place, they offered me to rebook at the best available rate for the property which was about 180 GBP for my night. For Andaz, they said I wouldn't pay more than my originial booking at Blackfriars if I had chosen that option, even if Andaz was 250 GBP more expensive than my initial booking. On top of that I received 20k points as a compensation. It seemed fair for a one night stay.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
For Hyatt Place, they offered me to rebook at the best available rate for the property which was about 180 GBP for my night. For Andaz, they said I wouldn't pay more than my originial booking at Blackfriars if I had chosen that option, even if Andaz was 250 GBP more expensive than my initial booking. On top of that I received 20k points as a compensation. It seemed fair for a one night stay.
I was supposed to be checking in Dec 22 which was to be the opening day at this hotel. They called me today and offered a move to Andaz as the hotel is still not ready.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: CX MPC GO, BAEC Silver, AC, HHonors Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
I am supposed to check in on Dec 31... still waiting for their response on the relocation! Just wondering if there's any sort of compensations if they aren't able to relocate me? Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2022, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
The hotel appears to be blacked out for new reservations, at least for now. The hotel website still says accepting reservations for December 22, 2022 and beyond, though.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 9:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anthony.a
I am supposed to check in on Dec 31... still waiting for their response on the relocation! Just wondering if there's any sort of compensations if they aren't able to relocate me? Thanks!
You should get 20k points per stay as a minimum
Old Dec 1, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: CX MPC GO, BAEC Silver, AC, HHonors Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
You should get 20k points per stay as a minimum
i am being offered 10k points…
Old Dec 1, 2022, 12:07 pm

I booked 2 rooms (one under my name and the other under my wife's) for the property from Dec 25 for four nights with points. We were both offered 20k points and guaranteed to relocate to Andaz.
I wanted to relocate to one of SLHs and rebooked 2 rooms and paid the point differences.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 1:08 pm

We had a stay starting on the 25th and was offered 10,000 points. I asked about The Churchill and was told the Andaz was the only alternative.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 1:52 am
iwc

Originally Posted by dkc192
The hotel appears to be blacked out for new reservations, at least for now. The hotel website still says accepting reservations for December 22, 2022 and beyond, though.
I am seeing scattered dates available on hyatt.com for January. Does anyone know what the new opening date is or have info as to what the delay is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.