Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

3 Q's: Hyatt Place Upgrades, Long Term Stays and Upgrades, eligibility for long term

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 Q's: Hyatt Place Upgrades, Long Term Stays and Upgrades, eligibility for long term

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...

Looking at staying in Bogota for a month, primarily at Hyatt Place Bogota for sub $60. Had three questions… some specific to Places and some generic. Friends and family have SAID they want to visit… but commit they have not.

· Upgrades at Place – do Hyatt Places ever do complimentary Globalist upgrades even though it isn’t in the terms? If no one joins me, I’d rather book a King, no sofa bed, at the lowest price than blow an extra $5-15 just in case they come.

· Long term stay upgrades at ALL Hyatt’s – If you book a 30 something night stay, does that mean you’ve no chance of complimentary upgrades because surely they’d want to keep the nicer rooms available for sale and it’d be difficult to guarantee their sales needs that far out? What if one said to the front desk they’d be willing to switch rooms every few days if necessary when they do get that nicer room sold?

· 3 Rate Choices – I’ve got a few options for rates, there’s a buy 2 get a 3rd free rate, which would be cheapest by a hair if I decide to book 6 night blocks and visit Hyatt Regency Cartagena in the middle. There’s a long term rate, which I may not even be eligible for if I do go to Cartagena, and there’s a long term rate from my concierge which was a couple dollars different… given the low price, the current promo which is only valid for up to 20 qualifying nights so the 3rd night free not counting isn’t a big problem… which should/could/would you do? Probably best to do the long term stay and just have the room empty for a few days while I swing off to CTG, but still a waste of money…
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
· Upgrades at Place – do Hyatt Places ever do complimentary Globalist upgrades even though it isn’t in the terms? If no one joins me, I’d rather book a King, no sofa bed, at the lowest price than blow an extra $5-15 just in case they come.
Yes, but it's at the property's discretion.

· Long term stay upgrades at ALL Hyatt’s – If you book a 30 something night stay, does that mean you’ve no chance of complimentary upgrades because surely they’d want to keep the nicer rooms available for sale and it’d be difficult to guarantee their sales needs that far out? What if one said to the front desk they’d be willing to switch rooms every few days if necessary when they do get that nicer room sold?
Again, it's entirely at the properties discretion.

At properties where upgrades are part of the elite benefits, the terms say that the room you're upgraded into needs to be available for the entirety of your stay. Some properties will let you switch rooms throughout your stay to move into higher category rooms. But again, it's totally property dependent.

​​​​​​​
· 3 Rate Choices – I’ve got a few options for rates, there’s a buy 2 get a 3rd free rate, which would be cheapest by a hair if I decide to book 6 night blocks and visit Hyatt Regency Cartagena in the middle. There’s a long term rate, which I may not even be eligible for if I do go to Cartagena, and there’s a long term rate from my concierge which was a couple dollars different… given the low price, the current promo which is only valid for up to 20 qualifying nights so the 3rd night free not counting isn’t a big problem… which should/could/would you do? Probably best to do the long term stay and just have the room empty for a few days while I swing off to CTG, but still a waste of money…
Long term stay. If you do leave for a few days, explain to the front desk/management and they may agree to let you move out of the room (and not pay the nightly rate) temporarily.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:31 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I stayed at the HP Bogota - no upgrades to suites for Globalists

TL;DR I stayed at the HP bogota last month.Book the exact room you want. My room was pretty small. They also wouldnt give you more tham 2 bottles of water each day.

Zero upgrades to suites even if it was available at check in. They always negged at lobby that "WOH terms state Globalists dont receive complimentary suite upgrades at HPs or non full-serviced hyatt hotels". The employees were adamant on this. I booked a king with sofa bed and received the same room on a higher floor. Breakfast here was good though. Way better than the breakfast at HPs in the US lmao.

Id rather do the HR in Cartagena. Whatever you do, dont waste your money at the GH Bogota.
Looking at staying in Bogota for a month, primarily at Hyatt Place Bogota for sub $60. Had three questions… some specific to Places and some generic. Friends and family have SAID they want to visit… but commit they have not.

Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
The best you can hope for at HP is a high-floor room.

A lot of times, the "third night free" rates don't generate night credits for the free nights, so if it's only a few dollars' difference, I'd pay a little more for the night credits, unless you know you won't need them.

By the way, you know it's rather cool in Bogota in Jan. and Feb., right?
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:21 pm

HP rooms are pretty much identical. It's just different floors/views. There are some HPs that have rooms without softbed. Some HPs also have limited suites. I've always been upgraded in HP/HH even though they don't have to.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by coleslaw
​​Long term stay. If you do leave for a few days, explain to the front desk/management and they may agree to let you move out of the room (and not pay the nightly rate) temporarily.
True, thanks!
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
TL;DR I stayed at the HP bogota last month. Book the exact room you want. My room was pretty small. They also wouldnt give you more tham 2 bottles of water each day.
Zero upgrades to suites even if it was available at check in. They always negged at lobby that "WOH terms state Globalists dont receive complimentary suite upgrades at HPs or non full-serviced hyatt hotels". The employees were adamant on this. I booked a king with sofa bed and received the same room on a higher floor. Breakfast here was good though. Way better than the breakfast at HPs in the US lmao.
Id rather do the HR in Cartagena. Whatever you do, dont waste your money at the GH Bogota.
So this HP stays true to their rules and terms, fine. Is the Grand junk? I picked the place as my first place for digital nomadship because 50 bucks times a month equals about my rent in LA, so I can justify my new "home" which will rotate monthly. I may do the HR in Cartagena for a few days, which breaks the rules of not spending more than rent, but I'll call that my "Vacation" time I guess. How late did breakfast go? My working hours will be noon to 9 pm, so I probably won't wake up until... 959 am?

Originally Posted by js1993
A lot of times, the "third night free" rates don't generate night credits for the free nights, so if it's only a few dollars' difference, I'd pay a little more for the night credits, unless you know you won't need them.
By the way, you know it's rather cool in Bogota in Jan. and Feb., right?
Thanks, yea, I considered it, I probably won't need them but if its a matter of a few dollars, hitting 70 or 80 nights this year may make still earning them worth it. Isn't it cool in Bogota all of the time? LOL. It is crazy though that it can be 90 in CTG and 60 in BOG yet they're pretty close-ish... ah mountains.

Originally Posted by gbdbld
HP rooms are pretty much identical. It's just different floors/views. There are some HPs that have rooms without softbed. Some HPs also have limited suites. I've always been upgraded in HP/HH even though they don't have to.
Yea, I know they're all about the same, just trying to get a second sleeping spot without paying for it since I don't know yet when friends may visit, or they might flake at the end of the day. 10 times 30 adds up, not a ton, but if not needed...
Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:02 pm

If you booked a room without a sofabed and want one with it, I can't image the hotel would have a problem with it. They will even give it to people who booked on hotwire as long as they ask nicely and they are available.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
For a stay this long, why would you not contact the hotel to negotiate a rate, ask any questions, and express what you need?
Old Jan 22, 2022, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
For a stay this long, why would you not contact the hotel to negotiate a rate, ask any questions, and express what you need?
Or at minimum, book a weeklong-ish stay followed by 3 weeks (or similar). That way if you are unsatisfied with the place, you can cancel the remainder easily and move.
Expat2001 and cfabar1 like this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 4:50 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Yep HP stays true to the rules. GH was overpriced for the service I received. I wrote about it on the GH bogota thread on here a few pages back.

breafkast went until 10/10:30 am iirc.

So this HP stays true to their rules and terms, fine. Is the Grand junk? I picked the place as my first place for digital nomadship because 50 bucks times a month equals about my rent in LA, so I can justify my new "home" which will rotate monthly. I may do the HR in Cartagena for a few days, which breaks the rules of not spending more than rent, but I'll call that my "Vacation" time I guess. How late did breakfast go? My working hours will be noon to 9 pm, so I probably won't wake up until... 959 am?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Have no connection to this YouTube account, but here's a good video tour of the HP Bogota:

Old Aug 21, 2022, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by gbdbld
Not true at all.
Hyatt Place Cottonwood, 1 bedroom suite has a dining area with a dining table.
Hyatt Place Lehi. 1 bedroom has a kitchen, including stovetop, full-sized fridge.

There are definitely some Hyatt Places I'd love to get an upgrade but no way to do that.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 11:21 pm

Add Hyatt Place Moline to the list of different suites. Apparently their one-bedroom suite has a kitchenette and dining table for 4 and is 709 square feet. That's huge!
Old Sep 15, 2022, 11:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Not true at all.
Hyatt Place Cottonwood, 1 bedroom suite has a dining area with a dining table.
Hyatt Place Lehi. 1 bedroom has a kitchen, including stovetop, full-sized fridge.

There are definitely some Hyatt Places I'd love to get an upgrade but no way to do that.
Book on points - Ask at the desk if an upgrade is possible, the agent can take that to mean one of two things -

1) A complimentary Globalist upgrade and they will say Yes or No

2) A paid upgrade and they will say it would be $20 or something like that per night to upgrade.

Be vague, be ambiguous and let them respond, that’s my advice.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Book on points - Ask at the desk if an upgrade is possible, the agent can take that to mean one of two things -

1) A complimentary Globalist upgrade and they will say Yes or No

2) A paid upgrade and they will say it would be $20 or something like that per night to upgrade.

Be vague, be ambiguous and let them respond, that’s my advice.
The thing is I need to know in advance if an upgrade will be given or not. It doesn't work for my planning to have an upgrade in the air. If I don't need the upgrade then I simply won't care anyway (like one night for 8 hours, who cares).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.