Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Problems with the Hyatt app MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:02 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

With several threads out there pertaining to different issues related to the Hyatt app, I figured I'd create a dedicated thread to serve as a catch-all for everyone to pipe in with problems they're experiencing with the app.

I'll start:
  • I'm currently experiencing an issue where the app frequently logs me out. The app used to be super reliable and would stay logged into my account even after quitting the app or shutting my phone down, and now it logs me out even if I swipe back to it with it open in the background with a 'session expired' message.
  • Loading times for the main screen and user account are annoyingly long; it's not my internet speed as I have a fast connection at home, and 5G when on cellular.
  • I booked a stay a few days ago, and the option to add the stay pass to Wallet [not Hyatt's new feature, but rather the old one where you can add a card pass to your wallet app] did not appear at the confirmation page. I've scrolled through different parts of the app and 'Manage reservation', but the option to add to wallet is no longer in the upper right corner the way it used to be.
Not sure if Hyatt's hired Marriott's IT team or whatever, but the app is increasingly becoming unwieldy and as soon as they fix one issue, a spate of others crop up.

khabah
olouie likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:28 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
It would probably be helpful to identify which app, and maybe even the version, when listing issues. For example, I'm using the Android app, version 4.51.1 and am not experiencing the first 2 problems encountered by the OP. I assume Wallet is an iPhone app so I have no experience with the 3rd problem.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Good tip, skj. I’m using an iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 15.2, and WoH app version 4.51.1.

khabah
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:14 am

Hyatt iOS app keeps signing out?

Anyone else notice that the updated iOS app signs out constantly? Very annoying to have to resign in (even using Face ID) after every use. Anyway to fix this so that it stays logged in?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by olouie
Anyone else notice that the updated iOS app signs out constantly? Very annoying to have to resign in (even using Face ID) after every use. Anyway to fix this so that it stays logged in?
Delete the app and reinstall it.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Delete the app and reinstall it.
Did that but same thing once I sign in again.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
The app will not display rate details under Manage my reservation, only the total is displayed.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CIT85
The app will not display rate details under Manage my reservation, only the total is displayed.
It will, it’s just not super intuitive.

You need to click on the confirmation number to go through to the breakdown.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
+1 to the very frequent app sign-out issues. Incredibly frustrating - the Marriott app experience really is much more pleasant since these issues popped up a few months ago.
olouie likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 5:37 pm

Hyatt app used to be really good but is going downhill fast.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
It will, it’s just not super intuitive.

You need to click on the confirmation number to go through to the breakdown.
I've been having an issue with this. When tapping the down caret to expand, it won't open. Sometimes when changing the currency, that will get it to open (then change back to USD) but not always. Any suggestions?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by hawaii777
I've been having an issue with this. When tapping the down caret to expand, it won't open. Sometimes when changing the currency, that will get it to open (then change back to USD) but not always. Any suggestions?
I totally forgot about this issue, but I have it as well - the down-caret for rate details doesn't work.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I totally forgot about this issue, but I have it as well - the down-caret for rate details doesn't work.
I find that it works most of the time, it seems to be on long (> 5 day) reservations it doesn't expand.

Equally annoying, when trying to view those rate details on Hyatt.com, when I click through from My Reservations it brings up a search page with the confirmation number pre-populated but I then need to manually enter my name and check in date. Very annoying. Also, the time it takes to load up reservations (and to load more reservations than what initially populates) seems to be taking longer and longer.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:14 am
Original Poster

I reached out to the Hyatt Concierge on Twitter on January 9th, asking about the Apple Wallet functionality having gone missing from the app as detailed in my post above. I just got the following from Hyatt's Consumer Affairs team with an update that I will share below:

The recent update to the app, which added the room key function with Apple Wallet, temporarily removed the option to add stay/reservation passes to Apple Wallet unless the hotel is set up to offer the Apple Wallet room key. The app team is investigating the best way to reincorporate this function; however, we do not currently have an ETA to restore this.

So... they removed a useful function that applied to every one of their hotels to make way for a new feature that currently works at only six hotels in the United States.

Honestly, I'm speechless - this is the kind of crap I'd expect from Marriott.

khabah
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by khabah
I reached out to the Hyatt Concierge on Twitter on January 9th, asking about the Apple Wallet functionality having gone missing from the app as detailed in my post above. I just got the following from Hyatt's Consumer Affairs team with an update that I will share below:

The recent update to the app, which added the room key function with Apple Wallet, temporarily removed the option to add stay/reservation passes to Apple Wallet unless the hotel is set up to offer the Apple Wallet room key. The app team is investigating the best way to reincorporate this function; however, we do not currently have an ETA to restore this.

So... they removed a useful function that applied to every one of their hotels to make way for a new feature that currently works at only six hotels in the United States.

Honestly, I'm speechless - this is the kind of crap I'd expect from Marriott.

khabah
What did you use the Apple Wallet pass for?

I’ve always found them a little silly since they didn’t seem to do anything other than remind me of the hotel I’m currently staying at… which, I admit, I’ve sometimes needed but it seems like I could nearly just as easily open the app (which also gives me mobile key).

I’m genuinely curious since I may have been missing the point entirely.
js1993 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.