Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Problems with the Hyatt app MASTER THREAD

Problems with the Hyatt app MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 31, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA + Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by coleslaw
What did you use the Apple Wallet pass for?

Iíve always found them a little silly since they didnít seem to do anything other than remind me of the hotel Iím currently staying atÖ which, I admit, Iíve sometimes needed but it seems like I could nearly just as easily open the app (which also gives me mobile key).

Iím genuinely curious since I may have been missing the point entirely.
Definitely agree on the Wallet pass thing - never understood the point unless I was missing something. HOWEVER, with all of the app sign-in issues, I could actually see the Wallet pass being easier to get basic information since the app is literally ALWAYS signed out - it's gotten way worse this past week, too :-)
Old Jan 31, 2022, 12:26 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
coleslaw I use the passes for organizational purposes, having access to basic info such as phone numbers and to lay out my stays. Theyíre also useful as proof when requesting anything from the front desk since the app can be slow to load, crashes, always signs you out when you minimize out of it or otherwise doesnít function - which dampens my desire to use the mobile key since even thatís a bit finicky.

Iím genuinely annoyed that they couldnít have found a way to make both features sit side by side, rather than eliminate something that everyone had access to to make space for something that may take years to properly roll out. Iím not a developer, but even the Add to Wallet tab sat in a corner of the reservation screen, and one still has the ability to add their WoH card to the Wallet, soÖ

khabah
Old Jan 31, 2022, 1:30 pm

Android 12 as of Friday, 11 before. Samsung Fold 3 5G. Only app issue I get is when i leave the app idle for a while and go back to it, it says it can't update my stays. A simple reboot of the app fixes it, otherwise works well.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:52 am

Apps keep signing me off despite reinstalling (iOS) - I assume this is a known problem
Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:36 am

Trying to check in on the app, after getting on the final page and clicking submit, the loading logo just keeps spinning. Tried twice and same issue

Last edited by gbdbld; Feb 5, 2022 at 6:45 am
Old Feb 7, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist
Same for me, happened 2/3 for me and today again as well. Tried deleting the app and reinstalling but didn't help.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by gbdbld
Trying to check in on the app, after getting on the final page and clicking submit, the loading logo just keeps spinning. Tried twice and same issue

same thing is happening for me today. The circle of death at the very end. Texted with the Hyatt concierge, which i knew would do me no good from an IT aspect, but at least wanted them to know. Really annoying not to be able to check in online with the app.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by gbdbld

Same problem for me on 2/4 and 2/6. I ended up using the link sent via email on my laptop and the check-in went through fine, so I think it's app-specific. After doing the check-in with my laptop, the app updated (after exiting and going back in) showing that check-in request was received. For the 2nd stay, the app then immediately gave me my key since my room was ready. No problems with the check-out via the app on either stay.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold
App isn't compatible with your device anymore

The Hyatt app stopped working on my Moto Z3 and now it says "This app isn't compatible with your device anymore. Contact the developers for more info." Has anybody else encountered this issue?
Old Nov 13, 2022, 8:07 pm

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Running Android 9, on a Samsung Galaxy S8.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by dmgrayinva
The Hyatt app stopped working on my Moto Z3 and now it says "This app isn't compatible with your device anymore. Contact the developers for more info." Has anybody else encountered this issue?
Yes, I waited a while hoping it would resolve itself and contacted the developers for more info a few days ago. No response yet. It's really annoying so I hope they realize that they're locking quite a lot of people out. I have this problem with exactly zero other apps, so you would think a big company like Hyatt would have no problem doing something that everyone else, even small companies manages just fine
Old Jan 20, 2023, 6:18 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Website and App kinda broken

Can't see any upcoming reservations. App won't let me do checkout (option not even given). Can see account details, past stays, awards, etc.

Others seeing the same?
Old Jan 20, 2023, 6:45 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Can't see any upcoming reservations. App won't let me do checkout (option not even given). Can see account details, past stays, awards, etc.

Others seeing the same?
Yep. All broken since last evening.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jasonvr

Others seeing the same?
The website has not been showing upcoming reservations on and off for the past few days. Itís very sporadic.

The app has been fine for meÖ so far.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 4:31 am

Programs: AC*Gold50K; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; StarLux Explorer
Has anyone had their mobile key vanish? Happened to me on day 5 of a 11 day stay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.