Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist
HR Houston Galleria

Stayed one night on points, upgraded from standard king to "premium" king. Asked about suites upon check-in, was told none available, though they were available for booking via the app. Since only one night, wasn't worth the effort to battle over.

Club still closed, though was told at check-in "it might be open tomorrow, we will see."
Old Feb 4, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fishy21
In your experience, do you typically have to ask in order to get upgrades?
I prefer not to ask, but to be surprised. So far, I've been disappointed in the last 5 stays.
Thanks.
My general experience is that the hotel will do upgrades of the same type relatively automatically, but they don't change bed types. Did you book the 2Q with dumpster view? Sure, they upgrade you to a nicer floor 2Q. But they generally won't change the bed types because it's safer to assume people picked a certain bed type.

Also, even if you book the 1K, they'll upgrade to a higher/nicer room, but typically won't upgrade to a suite unless asked.

I've found that doing online check-in and then directly calling the hotel to explain what you want is frequently helpful. And then at check-in if there's rooms of the type that I want available and they haven't upgraded me to it I ask.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 3:14 pm

I prefer not to ask, but to be surprised. So far, I've been disappointed in the last 5 stays.

Thanks.
This is usually my philosophy, but I also don't like being disappointed. I'll definitely ask at check-in if I see standard suite availability.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks.
Korean GH Hyatts seem to be turning into "you get what you've booked" but YMMV. At least that's been my experience at my last 2 GH Seoul and Incheon stays. I tried asking and got shot down both times by the front desk and duty manager. There was availability for better rooms and suites but they wanted to sell them (and were quite explicit about that fact). Tough luck for me but I would still ask nicely in other places and hope for the best!

Last edited by Aventine; Feb 5, 2022 at 6:30 am
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:17 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Hyatt Hotel Figueroa downtown LA. Bupkus. Now only had 1 suite upgrade in 5 stays this year. For me, Globalist has been a disappointment so far (in regards to upgrades). Only benefit I've seen so far is nice included breakfasts... which clearly beat Hilton's new nonsensical f&b credit and match Marriott's generally.
FlyHappy33 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Hyatt Hotel Figueroa downtown LA. Bupkus. Now only had 1 suite upgrade in 5 stays this year. For me, Globalist has been a disappointment so far (in regards to upgrades). Only benefit I've seen so far is nice included breakfasts... which clearly beat Hilton's new nonsensical f&b credit and match Marriott's generally.
Yeah same. 1 suite upgrade here and another that was given and pulled after online checkin later in the day. I imagine the globalist pool is quite large at the moment and I'm just not at the top of the upgrade chain. I have a lot of travel planned so I'm going to aim for the suite upgrades that way I won't have to rely on hoping for the best if it's a stay I would want one. Hyatt is alright but so far it hasn't been nearly as good as I thought it would be coming from Hilton.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 11:48 am

Some updates from my last few months of travel (some of these are from 2021)

Confidante Miami Beach (3 nights, certificates) - Checked in at 6 pm and given a basic OV king room, told to come back down first thing in the morning and they would upgrade me. Given an OV Balcony Suite for final two nights.
PH New York (3 nights, points/certificates) - Park View King on the 15th floor I believe, suites showed sold out days in advance
Gild Hall (1 night, certificate) - King Bed Premium
Anadaz Mayokaba (5 nights, prive) - Used TSU and received a beach area suite
Mission Pacific (4 nights, points) - Used a TSU and received an Bohemian Suite
HR Houston Galleria (2 night, cash) - Booked a base king and received a Regency Suite
HR DFW - (1 night, cash) - Booked a base king and received a Executive Suite
Andaz Maui (3 nights, points) - Used a TSU and received an upgrade to an OV Suite
HR Maui (3 nights, points) - Emailed VIP manager before arrival and asked for an upgrade if possible, given an amazing Deluxe Ocean Front Suite.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Forgot to post a few of my recent stays

Tempe Mission Palms - 2 night stay arrived at 11pm. Suites showing earlier in the day but gone by time i got there. Booked a base king received a corner king.
HR LAX - 1 night stay arriving around 9pm. Suites also available earlier but also gone by time I got there. Booked base king received a high floor city view. I did get $50 credit for arriving after the happy hour was over which was nice but I couldn't spend it all.
HR Waikiki - 3 night stay upgraded 2 days prior to an oceanfront room from a base room. No suites showing available but from what I've read that property doesn't have many.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
Hyatt Regency Boston

Booked City View King for 3 nights. App showed upgraded to corner king on day of check in.

Asked at desk about suite being available, agent said "they weren't earlier in the day when she checked", I said 'politley', they did show as available a couple of hours ago. After a few minutes she confirmed one was available but is not ready (2pm). I accepted the wait, went for a late lunch and recieved a text confirming my room was ready at 3.15pm.

Nice executive suite at the end of floor 7.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt | Globalist, IHG | Plat Elite, Hilton | Gold, Bonvoy | Gold Elite, DL | Plat, AA | Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Aventine
Korean GH Hyatts seem to be turning into "you get what you've booked" but YMMV. At least that's been my experience at my last 2 GH Seoul and Incheon stays. I tried asking and got shot down both times by the front desk and duty manager. There was availability for better rooms and suites but they wanted to sell them (and were quite explicit about that fact). Tough luck for me but I would still ask nicely in other places and hope for the best!
Odd. I went to GH Incheon, GH Seoul, and PH Busan in Oct/Nov and was upgraded to the best room/suite available upon check-in. I don't know if it makes any difference that I am and speak Korean.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by eldekeu
Odd. I went to GH Incheon, GH Seoul, and PH Busan in Oct/Nov and was upgraded to the best room/suite available upon check-in. I don't know if it makes any difference that I am and speak Korean.
Saturdays aren't the easiest days to get suites at GH Seoul or Incheon. Neither are Korean summer vacation days in August or Seollal. Consider yourself lucky if you did during those times.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
HR DFW

Week of Jan 17th, HR DFW at Terminal C
Booked: Standard base King on Corporate rate
Received: Executive Suite
Old Feb 9, 2022, 1:27 pm

HR Seattle

Week of 2/6 Sun-Fri
Booked lowest corp king rate
App said upgraded to King View High Floor when OLCI opened up
Checked the app in the uber over from the airport and knew Standard Suite was still available
Didn't say anything at check in until right when the agent was about to hand me the keys just to see if a suite would be proactively offered -- nope
"Let me check"
A few minutes of keyboard clacking later, have a very comfy Regency Suite
Old Feb 9, 2022, 1:56 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Hyatt Centric Portland,

Business booked a basic king rate for 3 night stay over the weekend.
Upgraded to their suite with personalized welcome letter, snack gifts/San Pelligrino.
Didn't have to ask, preemptive upgrade, and was much appreciated.
However, I do visit this property monthly, and typically its a corner king room.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
Park Hyatt Beijing (early Jan 2022)
Booked: 1 King Bed (via Corp Rate)
Received: Suite King, along with access to Park Hyatt Lounge

Hyatt Regency Beijing Wangjing (mid Jan 2022)
Booked: 1 King Bed (Cash + BRG)
Received: Regency Suite King

Hyatt Regency Beijing Wangjing (early Feb 2022)
Booked: 1 King Bed (Cash + BRG)
Received: 1 King Bed Deluxe

Last edited by germatory; Feb 9, 2022 at 7:00 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.