Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2022, 10:18 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
I was upgraded mid-stay at Park Hyatt Paris and PH Tokyo that’s why I was very surprised by his agressive stand.
I also asked at check in but they told me they’re completely booked for the week.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by flyjfk
I was upgraded mid-stay at Park Hyatt Paris and PH Tokyo that’s why I was very surprised by his agressive stand.
I also asked at check in but they told me they’re completely booked for the week.
Tokyo and Paris were doing you a favor with the mid-stay upgrade since as already noted there is no obligation to upgrade mid-stay. And PH Sydney is not known as a particularly elite generous property.

IMO there's nothing wrong with properties adhering to the rules, so long as they do that in both directions.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 7:57 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Hyatt Regency Zurich Airport. NYE for 1 night. Booked standard room. All suites gone 1-2 days in advance.
upgraded to best king room facing the Park on the RC Level 9. will check out the evening offerings in the finally open club (only evenings though, breakfast still in restaurant)
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Tempe Missiom Palms

Booked - Base king with off peak points
Received - 1br suite

Showed the morning of arrival in the app. Besides my first stay there I’ve been upgraded to a suite every stay after. All stays for 1-2 nights.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 7:13 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Hyatt Regency Sydney - booked a base king and got upgraded to Studio Suite with the views of Darling Harbor. This hotel is so underrated
Old Jan 13, 2023, 7:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by flyjfk
Hyatt Regency Sydney - booked a base king and got upgraded to Studio Suite with the views of Darling Harbor. This hotel is so underrated
Underrated?
Charlie9 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 3:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
- Hyatt House Houston Galleria
- Cash Rate (AAA)
- Booked: Studio Suite
- Received: One King Bedroom Suite

App was updated day of arrival.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 1:16 pm

Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro

Booked a 1K standard room for 3 nights and the night before saw I was upgraded to a grand suite overlooking the pool and ocean. Suites have been unavailable for weeks prior so this was quite the surprise. Room wasn’t ready until 4 so they gave me another room a few doors down until it was ready.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 2:16 pm

Hyatt Centric Lima

Regular visitor here, always upgraded as a Globalist from base King room to an Executive Suite. On current stay, received an email from the GM several days prior to arrival informing me that I had been upgraded to a suite!
Old Feb 5, 2023, 2:53 pm

Hyatt Regency San Diego Mission Bay

Booked a king bed balcony which was the lowest for sale at the time and got a corner ocean view suite. 2/2 in getting this particular upgrade. Just a bigger room with 2 TVs but appreciated nonetheless.
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 3:56 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Hyatt Regency Sydney

Burnt a Cat 1-4 Award Night and pre upgraded day prior to Harbourview Studio Suite.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
PH Vendôme
Booked a Park King (corporate rate) upgraded to the Suite Residence
Old Feb 8, 2023, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Kissel Oakland
Two stays in a row upgraded to Signature Terrace Suite, which is nicest room the property has.
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Kissel Oakland
Two stays in a row upgraded to Signature Terrace Suite, which is nicest room the property has.
While it is very nice it’s definitely only the 2nd best that the property has, still a great upgrade though.

Old Feb 10, 2023, 2:23 am

Hyatt Regency Vancouver. Yet another property that showed standard suites when checking in but claims
the suites are dirty, under maintenance, or some other excuse to not upgrade. I directly asked what would have happened if I booked the suite with cash and the front desk agent said they probably would have it ready 🤔

Got a king room with balcony. Will speak with manager tomorrow to see what’s going on with the suites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.